• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon Platinum Discussion Thread 2 ~ (READ 1ST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
They might as well add all the Legendary pokes in there.

These are all In Platinum anyways..
Regi
Birds

Månegarm

While I can't really complain about the decision to add the legendary birds as fleeing Pokemon, the legendary dogs would have been a much better choice. Not only that, but fleeing legendary Pokemon aren't even a challenge anymore; catching them is just a pain now.
Agreed. I remember back in the 2nd generation where I'd spend months trying to get just one of them. Crystal was a real pain too, especially since you had to get all three just to get Ho-oh. Good times...

Has anyone noticed that Rhyperior's new sprite is majorly awesome?

But then again.. We Can do npothing about it as Nintendo is the One making the Games anyways..

But I really hope LEgendary Dogs would be Ingame..
IV'S FROM FR/LG DOGS ARE HORRIBLE!!! TRUST ME. I HAVE AN ENTEI AND A SUICUNE THAT HAS 0/1/0/1/0/0/ IN ITS STATS.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Well, maybe the "dogs" will be added on a future game? (and no, i'm not talking about the forbidden discussion).

I don't think of another reason of why they are not going to be found in-game in this gen while the birds and regis are. Again, i could be wrong since pal park exist and the dogs, mewtwo and the rest of them are not impossible to get.

And yes!, that Rhyperior sprite is truly awesome, i like the new Glaceon as well.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I don't know if this has been talked about, I couldn't do a search since it takes so long on dial-up.

Does anyone thing the quality of some of the sprites is really bad,
It looks like a kid made them, I mean some are good, some look exactly like the D/P ones and some are the same sprites just moved a little bit, and others have their 2nd pose as their first, that sucks, whoever made those sprites for the game needs to be fired I mean there horrible,

i.e

Golbat - Should have just left it as it's D/P sprite instead of having it's wings flapping down
Tentacool and Tentacrewl - there in there 2nd poses and it looks stupid
Rhyhorn - in it's 2nd D/P pose
Happiny - Looks like they kept it's pose but just moved it's face,
Munchlax - one of my favorite 4th gen pokemon and they killed it!
Marill line - what's with the bland color, the D/P ones were better
Wooper/Quagsire - ...ewww... again should have kept the D/P ones
Murkrow - Nice pose bad coloring and shading
Misdreavus - Nice pose bad coloring and shading
Gliger - Color, it's supposed to be pinky purple, it seems it's turning blue now
Kricketune - What's with the head
Shellos - It's 2nd pose is nice but it's first makes it look retarded
Gastrodon - It's mouth, need say more
Gible - ....HAHAHAHA eww....

And some of the trainer sprites are bad too, all the new trainers and brains look horrible.

I kinda think that Platinum was rushed, anyone else???
The 3rd games are supposed to be better upgraded versions of the game, but I think with the bad sprites it makes it look bad.
And whenever I see some of these sprites it looks like the sprites from Pokesho.net so fan-made looking.

Anyway that's what I think.

Månegarm

I don't know if this has been talked about, I couldn't do a search since it takes so long on dial-up.

Does anyone thing the quality of some of the sprites is really bad,
It looks like a kid made them, I mean some are good, some look exactly like the D/P ones and some are the same sprites just moved a little bit, and others have their 2nd pose as their first, that sucks, whoever made those sprites for the game needs to be fired I mean there horrible,

i.e

Golbat - Should have just left it as it's D/P sprite instead of having it's wings flapping down
Tentacool and Tentacrewl - there in there 2nd poses and it looks stupid
Rhyhorn - in it's 2nd D/P pose
Happiny - Looks like they kept it's pose but just moved it's face,
Munchlax - one of my favorite 4th gen pokemon and they killed it!
Marill line - what's with the bland color, the D/P ones were better
Wooper/Quagsire - ...ewww... again should have kept the D/P ones
Murkrow - Nice pose bad coloring and shading
Misdreavus - Nice pose bad coloring and shading
Gliger - Color, it's supposed to be pinky purple, it seems it's turning blue now
Kricketune - What's with the head
Shellos - It's 2nd pose is nice but it's first makes it look retarded
Gastrodon - It's mouth, need say more
Gible - ....HAHAHAHA eww....

And some of the trainer sprites are bad too, all the new trainers and brains look horrible.

The 3rd games are supposed to be better upgraded versions of the game, but I think with the bad sprites it makes it look bad.
And whenever I see some of these sprites it looks like the sprites from Pokesho.net so fan-made looking.

Anyway that's what I think.
Some of them aren't that great but at least it's a freshener. It would be nice if all of the sprites would change but it's not really that big of a deal I guess.

There are some really good ones though. Like I previously mentioned Rhyperior (though I can see how people could hate it), Lucario, Weavile, Regigigas, Darkrai...

Milkshake

Banned
True that

I've noticed it too, the reason for this seems to be that the new sprites have single colored outlines for the most part, hardly any black (which what makes the style look like Pokesho's)
And also a lot of the poses look really stupid, for example a few that you said, and some of them just look completely unproportionate

Yeah. They Should have Made ALL of the 493 Pokemon Sprites new..
The Best Sprites I loved were the Kanto Sprites from FR/LG and the Johto Sprites from 3rd gen. Kanto Sprotes in Emerald Suck.

And. they should have made ALL of the Sprites in Platinum new Whats the use of only making 387-493 Sprites anyways.. and My Favorite Poke, Garchomp and Suicune, Looks Stupid in their new Sprites..Garchomp is Gross in platinum, Especially the Back sprites.. same as with suicune.

NES

Flip me to the side!
some look exactly like the D/P ones and some are the same sprites just moved a little bit, and others have their 2nd pose as their first

That's the only thing which could possibly make me whine about sprites, you're right they were a bit lazy about that. Togekiss for example is just the same sprite "moved" a bit.

Last edited:

Månegarm

That's the only thing which could possibly make me whine about sprites, you're right they were a bit lazy about that. Togetic for example is just the same sprite "moved" a bit.
Some, in fact, are actually just flipped horizontally I noticed. Mismagius is a good example

waterlunar

Teh Spriteh Dude
I just check the new sprites and Gliscor is my favorite although there were a few. Gliscor looks very 3D polygonal o_o.

I dont know if anyone mentioned this before but right now I am playing Platinum and at Veilstone Town. There is a blond guy here and HIS DIALOGUE IS IN ENGLISH. He says "Hello Trainer! Do you love Pokemon?" I wonder if this was on purpose/a glitch/there might be english text hidden in the game?

Petal

Care to elaborate?
Well, Google was being nice to me and I found a working Platinum Rom - It is in Japanese and I can comprehend a little bit of it.

I was annoyed when I found out that after the trainer spots you, there's still a 3 second reaction time after the [!] pops on their head before they walk towards you :(

The new Bidoof sprite is lol.

When you get to Jubilife city, there's a guy hiding behind lamp posts, it was pretty funny :p

hello moto

Top of the morning
Not only that, but fleeing legendary Pokemon aren't even a challenge anymore; catching them is just a pain now.
And that's why you have 2 cloning techniques, 99x masterballs FTW.

And i agree with people, who think most of the new sprite suck, some of them are good (most legends are)and i am happy to see Pikachu has a better sprite! but some have been horribly mutiliated, quagsire and Marill line are good example.

Took the words out of my mouth, but it won't stop me from playing it, especially with the awesome storyline upgrade and BF.

Q- Are the trainers in 'top trainer cafe' only battable once? (sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Last edited:

Marquis19

HERE GOES!!!
did u guys notice that the Houdour Sprite looks like the Sugamori art and the Houndoom Sprite looks the same as the Crystal sprite but different color.

VTUSH

<---Hatched
Pokeradar is still there (check the main site).

Thank god they kept the pokerader, that means i can still get a whole load of shinies pretty easily. Also i see that piloswine and poocheyena is on the pokerader exclusive pokemon. Cool

splosh

Afromania!
Thank god they kept the pokerader, that means i can still get a whole load of shinies pretty easily. Also i see that piloswine and poocheyena is on the pokerader exclusive pokemon. Cool

Well actually since Eevee is no longer available in the wild it looks like I have to keep my Pearl version to chain for shiny eeveelutions :/ They omitted some of my all time favourites, (murkrow, misdreavus) of all the pokemon....

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
But then again.. We Can do npothing about it as Nintendo is the One making the Games anyways..

But I really hope LEgendary Dogs would be Ingame..
IV'S FROM FR/LG DOGS ARE HORRIBLE!!! TRUST ME. I HAVE AN ENTEI AND A SUICUNE THAT HAS 0/1/0/1/0/0/ IN ITS STATS.

I really hate those legendaries that run from one area to another. Their natures and stats NEVER change, which tends to stink.

At least for the legendaries that stay in one area, their natures and stats do change whenever you save before encountering it.