• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon Platinum Discussion Thread 2 ~ (READ 1ST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
i don't like many of the new sprites for platinum. i guess i'll just have to get used to them. i reckon they should have remade some of the other non-sinnoh dex pokies sprites as well. but it's awsum because you can get eevee without the national dex.

I'm pretty happy with all the new sprites. But the only thing that I really wanted to get a new sprite was Dragonite seeing as I really hate the d/p one. But ofcourse, it is ignored. :(

DIAMOND MASTER

Diamond Trainer
In villstone (spell?) there on pearson that talks English o.o !!!!

He ask: do you like pokemon?? yes or no.

why he is talking English?? & Is he the only one??

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Boy, Regigigas really got screwed this game. It lost out on Sky Forme, then it got made into a semi-event pokemon, then the regular one got dropped all the way to Lv. 1! Sky Forme Regigigas would have been awesome! What a shame!

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
Boy, Regigigas really got screwed this game. It lost out on Sky Forme, then it got made into a semi-event pokemon, then the regular one got dropped all the way to Lv. 1! Sky Forme Regigigas would have been awesome! What a shame!

That's not exactly a bad thing though since you won't have to worry about getting crushed by it as you try to hurl as many Dusk Balls on it as possible. A high leveled Pokemon with False Swipe is enough to handle it.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Has anyone checked out the official Platinum site yet? They've got a couple of upates that include some nice Sugimori artwork of the Brains and Pluto, as well as a really cool, albeit small, image of the Battle Frontier and the 3 Twinleaf trainers.

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
Whoa... the new sprites...

Best/ones I like:
Grotle -- I'mma gonna HEADBUTT U!! NooB!

Infernape -- Looks like it's ready to fight

Bidoof -- I LUF DA NEW BIDOOF! It's head is like, an AWWW pose

Gyarados -- SO SWEET! Looks sooooo much better than the coiled up stuff

Vespiquen -- Violent?

Buizel -- Looks like it's actually gonna attack, not just stand there.

CHATOT (through) RAICHU -- EVERYTHING CUTE!! GWAA!!

Riolu (through) Quagsire -- 'nuff said, everything works well.

Snover (through) Weavile -- Everything looks menacing, even the basic stages.

All the legendaries look like they had time put into them

Gallade and Gardevior -- Just look at them!

All eveelutions (minus g/s) -- see above

Porygon Evo-chain -- perfectly done, smooth and good poses.

Scizor -- Good proportions, much better than D/P

Now the bad sprites

Piplup line: just looks... odd...
Luxray: Killed the pose....
Machamp: WHAT!??!
All Ghost types (minus Spiritomb) They look too flat, but solid... not ghostly at all.
Seaking: FANGS!?!? WHAT THE HECK!?!
Sudowoodo: I never liked the sprite, since 3rd gen.
Munchlax: BAD!! BAAAAD!!
Marrill line: killed them. They're too small, too bland
Espeon and Umbreon: Too small, bad poses

Okay, that's enough. Too much stuff to comment on....

Connor™

Showstopper
wow. gamefreak did a real good job with the new plat sprites. well they did a good job on most of them. the muchlax sprite is just ****. i think the best new sprite has to be the magmortar one. it just oozes pwnage.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Regigigas is at Lv.1??? o_O WTF?
Game freak must really hate the poor thing. (Lv.1, no Rest, Slow Start, etc.)

POKENAR

Regigigas is at Lv.1??? o_O WTF?
Game freak must really hate the poor thing. (Lv.1, no Rest, Slow Start, etc.)

actly this makes it so you can ev train it better think of it as a pokemon hatched from an egg only you need to catch it instead of hatch it.

EDIT:rank up apertly(sp).

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That's not exactly a bad thing though since you won't have to worry about getting crushed by it as you try to hurl as many Dusk Balls on it as possible. A high leveled Pokemon with False Swipe is enough to handle it.

That's not what I'm worried about! I'd rather have a Lv. 70 Regigigas than have one at Lv. 1 and spend 5000 hours training it to Lv. 70. And the fact that the Lv. 1 Regigigas will still have Slow Start doesn't help at all. The only way you can really train it is with Exp. Share, because otherwise, it'll get obliterated because of Slow Start. Whose bright idea was it to knock his level down to Lv. 1 anyway?

Aptenodytes

That's not what I'm worried about! I'd rather have a Lv. 70 Regigigas than have one at Lv. 1 and spend 5000 hours training it to Lv. 70. And the fact that the Lv. 1 Regigigas will still have Slow Start doesn't help at all. The only way you can really train it is with Exp. Share, because otherwise, it'll get obliterated because of Slow Start. Whose bright idea was it to knock his level down to Lv. 1 anyway?
I think the simple answer here is to just transfer Regigigas from Diamond or Pearl :p. Besides, I doubt that too many people use Regigigas just because of its horrible ability, so it's not really a big deal.

BattleFrontier12

Does anyone know what the new Team Galactic Scientist is all about ?

What does he do in the storyline ?

Tanosis

The odd one
The games sprites and rooms seem to have a more cartoon feel to them this time,
go to the main site and look at the new e4 rooms and you'll see they show more three-dimensional sections and cartoony edges to the objects.
I pesoally think its a great cosmetic change.
I feel sorry for poor regigigas and i fell sorry for poor me who wont be able to get the regis in the game without restarting my emerald,trading,or hoping for an event. And the depressing thing about it is that the regis are hiding right there in Sinnoh and dont even have there own island but i still wont be able to get them.
Does anyone know what the new Team Galactic Scientist is all about ?

What does he do in the storyline ?
He either participates in awakening Girantina or disturbing the weather
Only the Japanese, serebii, and some people who have already recieved there copy know
It is kinda cool serebii and coronis are basically done with the game

Last edited:

Tanosis

The odd one
go to the serebii home page
go to pokemon platinum
go to battle recorder
and youll find out

go to the serebii home page
go to pokemon platinum
go to battle recorder
and youll find out

thats not what i meant, i read that section already

what i mean is....how EXACTLY do you use it, the section tells what it does, not HOW TO USE IT EXACTLY, serebii should update that