• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon Platinum Discussion Thread 2 ~ (READ 1ST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

War Raichu

Thunder Master
has anybody attempted to see 400 Pokemon yet? I'm interested in what Oak wants to give you.

i was also wondering......

if u can encounter the kanto birds roaming, if u manage to capture them all, will it somehow unlock the legendary DOGS roaming?

this is pretty unlikely, but if the legendary dogs do appear after the birds, and you captured all the them, would it unlock the caves for the regis

my guess is that the special regigigas would work as a shortcut to that event rather than catching 2 pairs of legendary trios

i was also wondering......

if u can encounter the kanto birds roaming, if u manage to capture them all, will it somehow unlock the legendary DOGS roaming?

this is pretty unlikely, but if the legendary dogs do appear after the birds, and you captured all the them, would it unlock the caves for the regis

my guess is that the special regigigas would work as a shortcut to that event rather than catching 2 pairs of legendary trios

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming

So far, only the Lake Trio and the Legendary Birds have been confirmed as able to be caught in a "normal" Platinum. And by "normal," I mean "without any events." Thus, we can't be sure if the Regis are accessible without the movie Regigigas.

evandeck

look what i found on PokeBeach

red-blue.gif

that is new PC back art

KyogreKing

I'm back
I don't know why you are all whining about no dogs, the birds of kanto are good enough AND they are at Lv 60 which is sweet! BTW there are a couple of wonderful things called "GTS" and "Pal Park". The tutors move are sweet!
XD
Someone pondered if shiny PKMN are going to be removed.... the big N and GF could have a new method with the pokeradar or THAT'S BOGUS LOL!
Larvitar for a swarm is awsome its hard to find Larvitar in D/P.

This is one thing I made up about Platinum:

Its in the 9th Inning with the bases loaded, 1st base Wii Fit, 2nd Mario Kart Wii, 3rd Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The out fielders are MGS4 Guns of patriots,
God of War, GTA - this just in, GTA is taking a Hot Coffee break and will be replaced with Rock Band 2, and . Now Pokemon Platinum goes up to bat and the ball is pitched by Halo 3 and A GRAND SLAM! THE CROWD GOES WILD!

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Last edited:

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
gible can be caught after u get the second badge booya booya. ralts is found on route 208 and 209

BCVM22

After reading that, it makes me wonder, if the new translators will get the translation done even quicker, especially if theres alot of them, could it mean an earlier release date.

What do you think?

I think that's a tremendous and fallacious leap in logic for several reasons, as translation is far from the only factor that determines the turnaround for the international release.

There's no question that the Pokémon games are among the heaviest in text content that Nintendo releases internationally, but just the same, the simple translation of the text takes, at most, a month to two months depending on how many individuals are translating. However, once all of that text is translated, every single, solitary line of dialogue has to be rewritten to fit the proper syntax, idioms, conventions and structures of the language to which it was translated (English, Spanish, French, whatever), which takes plenty of time.

Once that's done, the English names for any and all new elements (Pokémon, attacks, items, characters, locations) have to be decided upon by Nintendo's internal creative staff and approved by Nintendo's PR and legal departments; this is less of a process for a third version like Platinum than it is for a whole new generation, but the point remains.

Once all of those have been completed and approved, Nintendo's marketing department has to decide on the best time to release the game in the market (North America, for the sake of this discussion). This usually falls during the spring, so the release will coincide with school vacations for a significant portion of the target demographic and it gives Nintendo ample time to sell to the early adopters and pre-orderers and then restock the shelves for the millions of kids who will buy the game as their summer breaks approach and arrive.

Finally, once a release date has been decided upon, Nintendo needs to allow for enough time to press, manufacture and package the game cards, determine/estimate the proper number of units needed to meet initial demand and then coordinate the necessary logistics to get those crates of Pokémon Platinum copies to the distributors and out to retailers nationwide.

In short, there's absolutely no reason to expect the game any earlier than spring of 2009, the usual six-month turnaround.

BradRepko

I wonder if Bronzong will get Magnet Rise through Move Tutor. It certainly would make sense, and would give him a reason to have Heat Shield. Furthermore, with Rain Dance (or support) it technically has a fire resistance, which may even trick some ignorant people as the game will still say 'it's super effective'. Of course, it loses the benefit of being able to switch into Earthquake, but when it's already in, most people aren't going to try hitting it with Earthquake, and when it uses Magnet Rise on it's first turn, it will be to late. Since Ground and Fire attacks are Bronzong's only weaknesses, this strategy will technically leave it with no weaknesses. However, it would help if it had a reliable recovery move. If they do make a G/S remake, I hope they let it learn Recover through level up, as it does make sense on it IMO. Sure, it would only be able to know one attack, but a Bronzong with Rain Dance, Magnet Rise, Recover, and Gyro Ball would make for a pretty decent wall. That's wishful thinking on my part, though.

Lucario will hopefully learn Sucker Punch, as it is already a pretty deadly priority sweeper, possibly one of the best. It's only drawback is it doesn't learn Mach Punch. However, with Swords Dance, Extreme Speed, Sucker Punch, and Close Combat, even more Pokemon will have reason to fear teh SDLuke.

Superpower is overshadowed by Close Combat, but there are Pokemon who unfortunately do not learn Close Combat, and on Choice sets, Superpower can certainly be a viable option. I don't know if it will learn it, but a good example of someone who could take advantage of it is Weavile. Normally, I use Weavile with Focus Sash and Swords Dance as a starter, but with Superpower, Choice Band Weavile would become that much more deadly. With a big time increase in attack power over Brick Break, a CB Weavile with Superpower could OHKO most fighting weakness Pokemon, whereas a Swords Dance boosted Brick Break is risky as it is in danger of priority moves, Sandstorm, or any status.

So, to clarify what I'm saying, please hurry with the Move Tutor learn lists so I can stop speculating and start thinking up strategies.

Darkrai-LordofNightmares

i dont know if anyone else noticed this and commented on this. i dont even know if its appropriate for this thread. heres the question: anyone else notice how the pt sprite of magneton is a mirror image of the dp sprite?

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I still don't get why they made Regigigas Lv.1.

Jirachibow

#1 Munchlax Fan
That spicy awesome XP
Backart?The boxes art?.....Is that the Pokemon Center from Red o_O ?

It's a Box storage background, and i think it's just a house from R/B/Y. I wonder if theres more new backgrounds, maybe a Giratina one just like there was for Dialga and Palkia through the guy at the Jubilife TV place.

Kein

AKA Silktree
For some reason my thread regarding alternate forms in Wi-Fi/local battles has been closed. I will post the findings here:

It has finally been validated that the seven new alternate forms can only be used in local wireless battles between two Platinum games. They cannot be used in the Union Room or in Wi-Fi battles at all. See here and here for details.

For those of you wondering why that is, the Club Colosseum is distinguished from the Union Room and Wi-Fi Club in that communication is created with another game before the player enters the room; the game can tell if the other player's version is Platinum or Diamond/Pearl. If it is Platinum, the alternate forms will not revert and will enter the room as-is. With Union Room and Wi-Fi Club, it is possible to connect to several games at once, and so such a confirmation is not done; the alternate forms revert no matter what because it is always possible that a Diamond/Pearl player will create communication when the Platinum player is already inside the room.

The pre-release screenshots and footage of Origin Forme and Sky Forme in battle were all taken from local battles.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
It's my buddy. :)

Anyway, I wonder...do you think Pluto's childhood home is the Old Chateau? That's the feeling I got and something horrible happened to make Pluto turn bad (and the house haunted).