• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon Platinum Discussion Thread 2 ~ (READ 1ST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
The DSi isnt released yet and its possible that platinum will be in america before the DSi since the DSi isnt out in japan while platinum is like three months away from us release. and besides when the majority of people are going to have the ds/lite why would they remove it?

The DSi has been released in Japan. Nintendo wants to release it in Europe during springtime 2009, and the US at a later time, iirc. Platinum will be released before the DSi.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
The DSi has been released in Japan. Nintendo wants to release it in Europe during springtime 2009, and the US at a later time, iirc. Platinum will be released before the DSi.

Wait I though The DSi was going to rel....-checks- carp I was thinking that the dsi was releasing in early 09 in JAPAN sorry. But yeah of course platinum will be released before the DSi (I said that already dont know why your emphisizing it.)

But the majority of people are gonna have the DS/lite still I ask again. why would they remove it? (the pal park)

anmefan200081

Does anyone know if you can download the special missions before you beat Almia? I almost have enough saved to buy a copy (after preordering Platinum) and I don't think I could beat this in less than a month. Thanks.

Also, sorry if in wrong place.

D

Deleted member 11515

People, keep in mind that if you have a question about Platinum (such as the Pal Park one), you can check the site. :\

Also..

Woo. 2000th post.

[img139]http://i41.*******.com/2hi2dlh.jpg[/img139]

anmefan200081

Like I said, sorry if in wrong place. I can't find where the help threads are for the Ranger games. All I see under this is for DPP and PBR. So thanks FireMeowth for the answer. Now I can feel safe buying Almia now and getting the missions.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
If you really want the truth platinum is coming out late march while the DSi is scheduled for mid march. I would be laughing if nintendo decides to do a limited edition platinum DSi and not a lite.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
No i got that wrong. Its set for release in europe for march if i remember correctly. Its either that or they are delaying it.

ArabGamer

No i got that wrong. Its set for release in europe for march if i remember correctly. Its either that or they are delaying it.

As BMCV22 said, there is NO DEFINITE RELEASE DATE!!!Nintendo have said that that the DSi will be released in SPRING, doesn't mean its release is set to March! ;)

Last edited:

BCVM22

It will be at least the late spring before North America gets the DSi, and Europe certainly isn't getting it before North America. They might get it more or less concurrently, but they won't get it before.

ArabGamer

BCVM22

Actually, Europe are getting the DSi before North America :

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1596162/20081002/story.jhtml

I feel like this will come off less angry if I use bullet points.

• Article is OLD
  • "Well into calendar year 2009"; Reggie's wording is ambiguous - that could eventually translate into a May release for North America and a June release for Europe and it wouldn't be a stretch at all
  • Nintendo of Europe would not have had a release date for the hardware set before it was even released in Japan nor would Reggie have been aware of it
  • Article is OLD
  • Rarely if ever is hardware released in Europe before North America, for logistic and translation purposes
  • Nintendo of Europe has said nothing of the sort, and as awesome as Reggie is, he doesn't dictate hardware releases for Europe
  • ARTICLE IS OLD DAMMIT. Why would you post an article dated October 2nd under the assumption it hasn't been read?

Huh. That didn't come across as less angry at all.

Oh well.

ArabGamer

Ok, I agree with you,but the point is, Europe are getting the DSi before North America, the DS Lite is still selling well in North America so there won't be a need to release it too quickly, they need to boost Europe's sales of the console so they are releasing it there before North America.

And whats wrong with the article being old? :D

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
...Reggie wasn't the one who said that they would try to release it in Europe within Spring, I believe.

And Europe might as well get the DSi before North America. Maybe they're trying to keep their European fans by giving them something earlier than the US for once. It would be a smart move. *nods*

ArabGamer

...Reggie wasn't the one who said that they would try to release it in Europe within Spring, I believe.

And Europe might as well get the DSi before North America. Maybe they're trying to keep their European fans by giving them something earlier than the US for once. It would be a smart move. *nods*

Yep, it would be a smart move.....

BCVM22

Europe are getting the DSi before North America, the DS Lite is still selling well in North America so there won't be a need to release it too quickly, they need to boost Europe's sales of the console so they are releasing it there before North America.

The Lite's sales in Europe aren't dipping either, so there goes that theory.

And whats wrong with the article being old? :D

Because it predated even the Japanese launch and therefore it contains statements made before any Nintendo subsidary had sales and demographic data regarding the DSi. You don't quote a three-month-old article when you're attempting to discuss the present or the future, because those statements become outdated and inaccurate very, very quickly.

Except for the part where the article clearly attributed the quote to him, so...

Maybe they're trying to keep their European fans by giving them something earlier than the US for once.

Are you serious? As if Nintendo has ever been worried about keeping fans. As if there's someone who's actually not going to buy the hardware because of when it gets released, regardless of geography. That's a terrible argument.

Seriously?

Yep, it would be a smart move.....

It wouldn't be, actually, given that European releases require significantly more logistical and developmental support than do North American releases and therefore take significantly longer to arrange properly. It isn't by accident that North America gets 90% of releases before Europe does.

Again, you lot can think whatever you want, but aside from one three-mont-old ambiguously-worded quote from someone who doesn't actually work for Nintendo of Europe, there is nothing - no precedent, no logic - to suggest that Europe will get the DSi significantly earlier than will North America.

Exenzel

Above arguments about whatever aside, I'm pretty excited for this. When it comes I'll probably just want to get to the Battle Frontier as soon as possible so I won't mind the easier difficulty.

Btw, if I'm going to want to trade all my Diamond poke's to Platinum, since I don't have another DS or a friend with one am I just gonna have to find someone to trust trade with over wi-fi?

BCVM22

Btw, if I'm going to want to trade all my Diamond poke's to Platinum, since I don't have another DS or a friend with one am I just gonna have to find someone to trust trade with over wi-fi?

Sans Wi-Fi, are you aware of any ways to trade Pokémon between multiple DS games with only a single DS?

There you go.