• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon Platinum Discussion Thread ~ (READ 1ST POST OR BE SACRIFICED)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The 2ch poster is just posting speculation and the "rom" is not out. So take it with less than a molecule of sodium chloride

evandeck

The 2ch poster is just posting speculation and the "rom" is not out. So take it with less than a molecule of sodium chloride

i dont believe that there r 6 areas because there r only 5

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at WPM quoting something from 2chan.

WPM-Reborn

Ultimate Pokemon Fan
I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at WPM quoting something from 2chan.

And Serebii does not get some of his news from 2ch either, or blue skY, which also frequents 2ch? You've got to be kidding me. He doesn't cite his sources EVER, which is why the idea of the news coming from 2ch is funny to you. You all think Serebii has some sort of magic book he pulls his news out of, but in actuality, he gets it from the same places every other webmaster does.

While the information has a high possibility of being false, it is labeled as such. There is nothing in the news story that says it is confirmed; quite the opposite, in fact. It's only posted because of the rom being out. Once the rom hits, anything has the possibility of being real.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I kinda believe WPM, and believe me that makes me feel sick but I recall DP's rom coming out pretty early as well (like the 23rd, when it came out the 28th). Here we have a rom being released 4 days ahead, which is honestly quite likely.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I kinda believe WPM, and believe me that makes me feel sick but I recall DP's rom coming out pretty early as well (like the 23rd, when it came out the 28th). Here we have a rom being released 4 days ahead, which is honestly quite likely.
Except it isnt out anywhere and last I heard, the game isnt actually shipping til Friday

I would like to note that discussion of roms is not allowed and so it shall be curbed here. Further discussion will result in warnings and infractions

WPM-Reborn

Ultimate Pokemon Fan
Except it isnt out anywhere and last I heard, the game isnt actually shipping til Friday

I would like to note that discussion of roms is not allowed and so it shall be curbed here. Further discussion will result in warnings and infractions

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it's not true. You always seem to think that you are the know-all, tell-all source for everything, and that your word dictates the absolute truth in every situation. It does not.

Your information about the game being shipped Friday is flawed. I posted a photo of the Platinum game - the real game. Some people have it early. It's very foolish to think that there couldn't POSSIBLY be any leaks a few days before the release. There are ALWAYS leaks: Harry Potter books, Pokemon TCG sets, etc.

Last edited:

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
WPM, you gotta cool it man. We all get it, your penis is huge.

I don't care if this site posts it's information 1st, 2nd or even 3rd. It posts earlier than any other site I visit and 99% of the time the news is accurate and legitimate.

Whether you feel the same way or not, this is an incredible fan-site among fan-sites and Serebii does a great job maintaining it. If you don't like it, don't come here. You seem to get all the information for a "better" source anyway.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
The "Members Card" was given out through a Nintendo event in Japan a while ago, but no where else

What a complete lie that is, the members card has not been distributed anywhere, not even japan.

Also why would you all of a sudden be able to capture two event pokemon in-game(darkrai and shaymin), by such easy means.

WPM-Reborn

Ultimate Pokemon Fan
Sorry, I just don't like someone calling me out and saying things like the rom is not out when I posted direct contradictory evidence. Especially when the same person has a history of talking about me on other forums in a negative manner. But I digress...

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The "Members Card" was given out through a Nintendo event in Japan a while ago, but no where else

What a complete lie that is, the members card has not been distributed anywhere, not even japan.

Also why would you all of a sudden be able to capture two event pokemon in-game(darkrai and shaymin), by such easy means.

I have to agree. Members Card =/= Wonder Card. The Members Card was never given out.

Lol.

I never see reason ot trust a picture until theres legitimate reason to believe its real. With the wonders of a printer, photoshop, game editting, and whathaveyou, I find it silly to believe a blurry picture just because it looks like its the actual thing.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Well thats great. But i dont believe the news. Anyweh lets get to serious matters. Getting event only pokemon is something i would doubt. The whole oak thing mabye not! But a 6th secret area is something i would love to be true. As the saying says:
The truth will out!

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I'm on the skeptical side this time. As with the person a while back that claimed to have a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl before everyone else, this guy only shows us a box and a screen that could be easily faked. While the SSBB guy eventually turned out to be telling the truth, he at least gave us some video evidence and shots of the game in action. (Granted, it was only menu screens, but it still showed an actual working copy.)

This is too little proof for me to buy it. If he/she were to show us some of the redesigned 3D areas in motion, or even the full title sequence, I would believe it.

Mmm also something else I just remembered regarding pictures of a box...

Places like Gamestop have the "boxes" of games sitting in their stores for promotional use / advertise upcoming games. Just another example of how a picture of a box just doesnt cut it at all for me.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Serebii said drop it so drop it. Also im goin t make a speech! YAY! Long uneventful post with words of passion towards pokemon(platinum oc)

Pokemon platinum is a game we were wating for. Not under that name but under the name opal. It came as a shock to almost all but then again we all love it. News is psarce but worthy enough. It is game that follows tradition,keeps old ways but breaks of the old ways(this dex change for instance). The battle frontier is in a sence V2 but smaller. Smaller but more fuller then a 7 building area. Its the way they made this game so epic looking that is the thing that pulls us in. The torn world to me and mabye to others was more of a confirmation then news. Why? Cause giratina being the star like we would already know hints to its world being in. The only shock to me of the torn world was the innovating style of it. To sum it platinum is fat of fan service ad it shows. Now gamefreak has polished some tweaks and made good things even better and even made the story be a new one instead of dp's story with giratina in it. So i conclude my final thoughts on platinum and i hope i can njoy it as many will be around the world

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well, I do have to say Platinum has made the biggest jump in 3rd Games in terms of graphical updates since alot of the new sprites and 3D effects are pretty neat...

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well, I do have to say Platinum has made the biggest jump in 3rd Games in terms of graphical updates since alot of the new sprites and 3D effects are pretty neat...

Status
Not open for further replies.