• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
went 5-3, two matches I got haxed in so I didn't top cut

Aww. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you at least had fun; make it worth it to some degree. :(

Went 5-3 First time ever in vgc. First loss I had a a Calmed Mind Cofagrigus and Amoongus both full HP, time was called and he had 3 pokes with no hp but since he had more pokes he won. And second loss I was hanging with some friends on the TCG side and didnt hear pairings were called so i got an auto loss :/ but other then that had fun and ill proby be at fall regionals so say hi if you're going :D (I know its like 3 months away but what evs :p)

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Can I look at someone's team, so I can train an identical one?
A successful one would be nice.
I'm new to VGC, and I want to go to a tourney soon, so I would like to get started.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Can I look at someone's team, so I can train an identical one?
A successful one would be nice.
I'm new to VGC, and I want to go to a tourney soon, so I would like to get started.

Sorry, guy. Most people don't appreciate getting their team ripped off, so I doubt anyone will offer their team to you to copy. :( If you need help team building, though, I'd be more than happy to help you out, though. I think building your own, personal team is what makes Pokemon great, so just copying someone else's takes the fun out of it.

Anyways, there's this new online tournament going on for the Japanese players with BW2. It's a new ruleset, only allowing Pokemon from the new Unova Pokedex (i.e. the Pokedex in Black 2 and White 2). The reason I bring this up is that there's talk of this becoming the new official ruleset for VGC 13. What are your guys' thoughts on this, if it were to become true?

Personally, while it is limiting in that there are less Pokemon viable (and a lot of key Pokemon are taken out for Pokemon that would normally be deemed "bad"), I think this could make the game a bit more interesting. I know a lot of people are complaining about it, but I feel that having a metagame with less of the standard threats of VGC 12 could allow other Pokemon and strategies shine, if only just for one season.

Sand would also be the overcentralizing weather, as Sun (while an awesome offensive weather) is nowhere near as useful as Sand. I don't run weather though, so I imagine I'd just get sick of seeing Sand teams.

But anyways, what are your guys' thoughts?

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I don't know if I'm allowed to double post, but the thread's been kinda dead. Come on guys! Where's all the VGC talk? :/

Anyways, tomorrow starts Worlds! Who are you guys rooting for?

In Masters, I'm definitely rooting for Ray and Wolfe, although Junpei or Satoru winning wouldn't surprise me either. I'm still rooting for Ray or Wolfe though. :p

In Seniors, I don't know very much about their metagame or their players, but I'm definitely rooting for Aaron/Cybertron. He's a crazy good player for a Senior; I really wish him the best!

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Man it's been a long time since i posted in this thread....
I'll also be rooting for Ray and Wolfe, and all the others from the US as well.
I'm also looking forward to watching the masters championships live on the website.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I'm rooting for Gary mother****ing oak =P

Miltiades

Unbeatable
Does anybody know if I can compete in the next VGC from another country?I mean I live in Greece where we don't have VGC,and I intend to travel in Europe to compete there.Is it possible or I can't because I am from another country?Please let me know..

PokeMaster366

Does anybody know if I can compete in the next VGC from another country?I mean I live in Greece where we don't have VGC,and I intend to travel in Europe to compete there.Is it possible or I can't because I am from another country?Please let me know..

So long as you have a European version of the game and show up at the event, you'll be eligible for VGC play anywhere in Europe.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
RAY RIZZO THREEPEAT!!!

I was honestly rooting for Wolfe the entire tournament though. It was cool he made 2nd at least. I dunno, his Rogue playstyle vs. Ray's standard playstyle? Rogue all the way. But fair's fair.

I rooted for Cybertron and Babytron too! :( None of my picks won. Maybe I shouldn't have voted for them XD

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Any idea on when we are going to know the rules for VGC 2013?Because I wanna start working on my team....

Nothing yet. All we know is that next Worlds will be in Vancouver. It's really weird that we don't already know what the format will be; Regionals is in two months. Not knowing the format and not having the proper time to prepare can cause a lot of problems for possible participants.

Miltiades

Unbeatable
Just had a word with an official Pokemon VGC guy.He said the rules are likely to come in late August early September :/

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Just had a word with an official Pokemon VGC guy.He said the rules are likely to come in late August early September :/

Sweet! I'm a bit sad we have to wait so long, but at least we're getting something. Does 2013 topics still apply here though, since the thread does specify 2012? No offense, but TerraWolf doesn't seem terribly updated with the topics, and I'm thinking of trying to create a new thread for 2013, just cos I know that I will be updated and I will update the OP whenever new information comes through.

Miltiades

Unbeatable
Hahah makes sense. BW2 would have just come out. Do its safe to assume VGC 2013 is going to keep its ruleset from VGC2012, yeah?

Nothing is exactly sure yet,but yea probably it's gonna keep the same rules.Maybe after the release of B2/W2 they change something like let players compete with the new versions and let them use the new formes of Landorus,Thundurus and Tornadus.

Status
Not open for further replies.