• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread: Check OP For News And Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreyas

Yo, thanks for putting on my team, though sadly it isn't one of the best and I might have to retrain the same pokemon by powerhousing and hopefully having better stats, and if legends like Dialga and Palkia are actually allowed this time around, that full 31 flawless team that is RNGd sounds even more tempting, seeing as how bad I've been going down so far with this team.

To be honest, you really don't need a flawless team to do well at the VGCs. I went in with a Metal Sound, Choice Band Bisharp in 2011 (anda team of bred Pokemon that had 3 flawless IVs... max) and ended up getting top 4 in the regional. It's coming up really close to the day of the regional, so if you guys are realllly in need of some Pokemon, I can try to help you guys out with that.

And, of course, good luck to all of you guys participating this weekend! Remember to enjoy the event and get that cloyster ;D
After all, there is more to this event than winning the top prize.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
To be honest, you really don't need a flawless team to do well at the VGCs. I went in with a Metal Sound, Choice Band Bisharp in 2011 (anda team of bred Pokemon that had 3 flawless IVs... max) and ended up getting top 4 in the regional. It's coming up really close to the day of the regional, so if you guys are realllly in need of some Pokemon, I can try to help you guys out with that.

And, of course, good luck to all of you guys participating this weekend! Remember to enjoy the event and get that cloyster ;D
After all, there is more to this event than winning the top prize.

Do you think you could help me get ahold of a Scizor with bullet punch/ bug bite and technician? i tested my team out a bit and breeloom is getting destroyed quite a bit.
thanks in advance, lol
and if not it's fine, ill try to breed one as fast as i can.

Shreyas

Lucky you! I actually have one :D
Hope you don't mind it being shiny.
I've actually got 2:
one is battle ready with 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe knowing Acrobatics, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Protect
And, there is another UT one.

Yes, all registrations take place at the same time.

Really? Nugget Bridge begs to differ:

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/212-vgc-13-virginia-regional-january-20th-2013/

I mean, I don't know what their source is, but seperate registration for juniors/seniors and masters is how they've done it in the past so I'm much more inclined to believe Nugget Bridge. Also, this site shows the time slot 8:00 to 9:30 as junior/senior registration, leading me to believe they are seperate registrations and they're just not showing the masters time slot for some reason:

https://sites.google.com/site/virginiapokemon/tournament/event/cycle1213

Is it explicitly stated anywhere that everyone registers during the 8:00-9:30 time slot or are you just making assumptions? I'll be two and a half hours away from the event and I'm in the masters class. I'm fine getting up at 6 AM to register at 9 and then waiting around as the juniors/seniors compete if I have to, but if masters registration is at 11 then I'd strongly prefer to sleep in and not waste the time.

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Really? Nugget Bridge begs to differ:

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/212-vgc-13-virginia-regional-january-20th-2013/

I mean, I don't know what their source is, but seperate registration for juniors/seniors and masters is how they've done it in the past so I'm much more inclined to believe Nugget Bridge. Also, this site shows the time slot 8:00 to 9:30 as junior/senior registration, leading me to believe they are seperate registrations and they're just not showing the masters time slot for some reason:

https://sites.google.com/site/virginiapokemon/tournament/event/cycle1213

Is it explicitly stated anywhere that everyone registers during the 8:00-9:30 time slot or are you just making assumptions? I'll be two and a half hours away from the event and I'm in the masters class. I'm fine getting up at 6 AM to register at 9 and then waiting around as the juniors/seniors compete if I have to, but if masters registration is at 11 then I'd strongly prefer to sleep in and not waste the time.

Oh, well. Go with what they said. I'm basing my answer off of previous years, my bad. xP

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Lucky you! I actually have one :D
Hope you don't mind it being shiny.
I've actually got 2:
one is battle ready with 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe knowing Acrobatics, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch, Protect
And, there is another UT one.

that one with acrobatics would be awesome!....what do you want for it..xD
2/3 days til VGC woohoo

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Hey guys!

The registrations for the 2013 International Challenge have gone live!
That means, another discussion thread on Serebii!
You can find that thread by clicking on this link!

Are you guys participating as well?
This is a great way to get a few of those all important Championship Points!
You can also get some great practice in!
Don't forget to fill out the SPPF Registration form!
I promise to be more on top of those, so I can get everyone's up!​

Last edited:

Shreyas

that one with acrobatics would be awesome!....what do you want for it..xD
2/3 days til VGC woohoo

I'd LOVE if you can get me one of the Pokemon from my RMT except the Tyranitar. But, I'd be willing to give that Scizor to you for free if you do not have anything from my RMT:)

Hey guys!

The registrations for the 2013 International Challenge have gone live!
That means, another discussion thread on Serebii!
You can find that thread by clicking on this link!

Are you guys participating as well?
This is a great way to get a few of those all important Championship Points!
You can also get some great practice in!
Don't forget to fill out the SPPF Registration form!
I promise to be more on top of those, so I can get everyone's up!​

And, YES YES YES
I'm pretty psyched for this one, but SATs, and a few other things will get in the way this time :'(
But, I'll enter, and hopefully get the championship points! :D

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
I'd LOVE if you can get me one of the Pokemon from my RMT except the Tyranitar. But, I'd be willing to give that Scizor to you for free if you do not have anything from my RMT:)

And, YES YES YES
I'm pretty psyched for this one, but SATs, and a few other things will get in the way this time :'(
But, I'll enter, and hopefully get the championship points! :D

Unfortunatly i do not have any of those, but i might have a moxie carp or a sableye dw somewhere,ect, as a thanks.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
sorry for never posting here~! D:
since i havent i will recap my competitive life real shortly:
i own club double trouble (a double battling community)... this is a club on here for double battlers.
first competition ever i got 51st place! this was the autumn friendly.
the last one i got 15th place~! woot woot! :D
hoping to break top ten in the next one.

i am never gonna go to a VGC event in the next few years... ;( but once i can drive... imma driving out to one xD

Shreyas

Unfortunatly i do not have any of those, but i might have a moxie carp or a sableye dw somewhere,ect, as a thanks.

Ok, anything would be fine, really :)

I'll be on after 6:00 on Friday (PST)

Oh, and if anyone wants to test out their team for the VGCs, I'd be happy to battle ;o

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
I don't see anything for VGCs 2013 so I'll post here. Kanethedragon is....Top 8 of FL Regionals!!!!! Yeah I didn't win, but I lost to a RNGd team so... Anyways, this was my first VGC tournament and I am happy to have made it so far despite my awkward team. I also have a large amount of thanks to Shreyas for giving me most of my item and move setups, with a little tweaking on my part. Anyways, this has been Kanethedragon, and I'm out for Championship Points, because I can't wait to battle you, at the VGC Nationals or World if I get enough for redemption. Kanethedragon signing out.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
since im too lazy to type it, ill copy paste it from my post in the clan thread:
Back from VGC, it sucked.
It was so disorganized and errory you couldnt even walk.
they screwed up on the rankings.

Good news:

Finished in the top 16 ( didnt matter, they only counted top 8, the ***s -_-)
Got an autograph from Wolfe Glick. (Runner up masters champ, and a big person in VGC)
Beat someone who went to worlds in a very close game, battle video number: 96-00899-63017

That scizor saved my butt a ton, thanks shreyas!

Shreyas

I don't see anything for VGCs 2013 so I'll post here. Kanethedragon is....Top 8 of FL Regionals!!!!! Yeah I didn't win, but I lost to a RNGd team so... Anyways, this was my first VGC tournament and I am happy to have made it so far despite my awkward team. I also have a large amount of thanks to Shreyas for giving me most of my item and move setups, with a little tweaking on my part. Anyways, this has been Kanethedragon, and I'm out for Championship Points, because I can't wait to battle you, at the VGC Nationals or World if I get enough for redemption. Kanethedragon signing out.

That's amazing! :D Good Job! Next time, if you can get a team of EV trained Pokemon with the perfect nature, you can definitely make it into top 4!

since im too lazy to type it, ill copy paste it from my post in the clan thread:

That scizor saved my butt a ton, thanks shreyas!

No problem :) I'm really glad I could help~
But, don't feel too bad not making it into top 8. Generally Regionals around the area you went to is really challenging. Most of the players that win nationals/worlds were there (I believe), so you should feel proud to have gotten that far ;D

GL at future events guys!

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
No problem :) I'm really glad I could help~
But, don't feel too bad not making it into top 8. Generally Regionals around the area you went to is really challenging. Most of the players that win nationals/worlds were there (I believe), so you should feel proud to have gotten that far ;D

GL at future events guys!

lol, wolfe, rizzo, and arron were there.
along with a lot of other people who were good, one person got a clean 7-0 record.

jstinftw!

hey trainer

Congrats! Glad it all worked out for you!

lol, wolfe, rizzo, and arron were there.
along with a lot of other people who were good, one person got a clean 7-0 record.

Oh damn. You went to THAT Regionals? Man, top 16 is a blessing. That's really good. Like Shreyas said, you went to a really powerpacked Regional. Wolfe and Aaron, both extremely good players, went 3-2. Very nice! :)

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Oh yeah, my final battle, while a complete loss, was early in the top 8s against an RNGd team. I uploaded the battle video. It's number is 76-46243-30729.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Oh damn. You went to THAT Regionals? Man, top 16 is a blessing. That's really good. Like Shreyas said, you went to a really powerpacked Regional. Wolfe and Aaron, both extremely good players, went 3-2. Very nice! :)

THAT Regionals is the only one i can go to, as i live in VA.
there are some perks though, for example i got wolfe's autograph and a few tips from some of the masters.
another is that with all the power round, i learn and adapt to the high standards, and im near the point where im starting to play like a master division, and me being a senior, dats just remarkable.

Something i noticed is that Cobalion paired with Latias was VERY popular, and that rain was near nonexistant.
I also snapped some pics of it, it was in a fancy hotel :D
im gonna post em when i get the chance though.

EDIT: Sorry bout the quality on the images, the 3ds camera sucks-
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a586/CrystalNinetales/HNI_0059.jpg
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a586/CrystalNinetales/HNI_0060.jpg
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a586/CrystalNinetales/HNI_0061.jpg
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a586/CrystalNinetales/HNI_0062.jpg
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a586/CrystalNinetales/HNI_0063.jpg
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a586/CrystalNinetales/HNI_0064.jpg

Attachments

• HNI_0059.jpg
    HNI_0059.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

makenshi_au

Experienced Trainer
yeah i just wish us Aussie get included this year in the VGC we play the card game aspect but not the VG which is a shame as i know heaps of Aussie gamers would love the oppatunity to go head to head with the worlds best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.