• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread

Do you like the new format?

• Total voters

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Not sure if I've seen anyone discuss it yet, but what do people think about the supposed Wide/Quick Guard mechanic changes? Being able to pull out a Wide Guard pretty much every turn without failing is a definite buff. Granted, spamming it every turn only works on someone who's unaware (like I was when I encountered that the first time), but that kind of move going around definitely would discourage the use of multi-hit moves a bit.

This is probably somewhat dated news, but I personally just learned about this. I also haven't seen much talk about it, and it's definitely a move to consider for the new VGC format. and this section has been kinda dead, so...

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
I love the improvement for Quick Guard. Haven't used Wide Guard as much, but Quick Guard can help against Talonflame and Prankster shenanigans, which can be much appreciated. It's a bit situational, though, in my experience. Not useful in every matchup, but very handy when it is.

Mega Typhlosion

I love the improvement for Quick Guard. Haven't used Wide Guard as much, but Quick Guard can help against Talonflame and Prankster shenanigans, which can be much appreciated. It's a bit situational, though, in my experience. Not useful in every matchup, but very handy when it is.

Quick Guard is a must in any team in my opinion. Can shut down Talonflame, stops Fake Out and Sucker Punch from Kangaskhan and Mawile.

On another topic, anyone has ever tried Imprison Landorus? I mean with all the Rock Slides and EQ there are, it can be quite an interesting and disrupting move.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Quick Guard is a must in any team in my opinion. Can shut down Talonflame, stops Fake Out and Sucker Punch from Kangaskhan and Mawile.

On another topic, anyone has ever tried Imprison Landorus? I mean with all the Rock Slides and EQ there are, it can be quite an interesting and disrupting move.
It could be useful but would be too situational for it to be worth having it over a more practical move.