• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokémon VGC Discussion Thread

EKZ1505

No worries! :D I was just a bit confused about your first message lol Yeah no duplicate items, everything is under the rule book so I'm pretty confused about it lol How would I go about contact them about this issue? Also I hope it doesn't get banned, that would throw my strategy and team off! Lmao

When it says, "There appears to be a problem with one or more Pokémon in your Battle Team," it is specifically singling out Gyarados? I've never had the problem other than when I accidentally had duplicate items for BS Singles (and I think it specifically shows you the two Pokemon with the same item in gen 7 now), so I just want to make sure I'm understanding.

To send a request for support though in the PGL, click on "Menu" under your player card near the top right, and then go to "Support." Scroll down to "Frequently Asked Questions," and then there's a little link in the middle of the page to "Ask a Question," which goes to the support staff. Hopefully they can help out if you still have trouble (I've had mixed results, like when they were unable to help me when I didn't receive a code for N's Darmanitan that I should have (and took forever to respond)).

JohnnyBlaze

Shiny Hunter
When it says, "There appears to be a problem with one or more Pokémon in your Battle Team," it is specifically singling out Gyarados? I've never had the problem other than when I accidentally had duplicate items for BS Singles (and I think it specifically shows you the two Pokemon with the same item in gen 7 now), so I just want to make sure I'm understanding.

To send a request for support though in the PGL, click on "Menu" under your player card near the top right, and then go to "Support." Scroll down to "Frequently Asked Questions," and then there's a little link in the middle of the page to "Ask a Question," which goes to the support staff. Hopefully they can help out if you still have trouble (I've had mixed results, like when they were unable to help me when I didn't receive a code for N's Darmanitan that I should have (and took forever to respond)).

Not exactly, it doest highlight his box or anything, it just doesn't allow me to continue to the battle with my team and I tried to test out my team in free battle doubles with special pokemon banned and I had the same problem, but then I took out the gyarados and it let me battle. So I'm genuinely perplexed as to the reason why it won't let me register. O.0 Just made an attempt to contact them, so we'll see if I get any answers to this... I'll keep researching to see if the problem has been addressed or not.

EDIT: Haven't received word from TPCi yet, but I just found out Lunar Gyrados can't participate in ANYTHING in Battle Spot at all. I wonder why that is?

Last edited:

EKZ1505

Not that this thread is very active but.... YO the rules for VGC 2018! All items allowed, guess its time to bring in our mega stones!

LOVE IT :D My Mega Gallade team has been killing it on Battle Spot Doubles (top 5 in the US and top 100 in the world!), so I can't wait to bring him on the circuit. Battle Spot Doubles has been pretty diverse so far other than a few CHALK+Tapu Koko or Fini teams, so hopefully the new UBs and anything else (new megas and Alolan forms please!) mix it up either further!

Only disappointment (though it's not a surprise) was that everything has to be Alolan-born/-caught still. Lot of rebreeding to do!

Edit: Guess the comment was deleted but someone made a good point about legends like Lando-T and having to be Alolan-caught. So that means either we're getting a lot of legendaries to catch post-game (through the ultra world portals??) or it won't really be the "full" legal Pokedex.

Last edited:

i_zay

Im super hyped about the new format. Frankly I have been quite bored with VGC 17 and its the reason why I started playing BSD instead. The only thing that I'm hoping is that Lando,Cress, and Heatran are not made available in USUM because I don't want a repeat of 2015 where it was all just CHALK. I also really hope we get Gen 6 move tutors.

zecapau

Z-DoubleTeam actually resets all lowered stats.
Is this good for VGC after a LeafStorm/DracoMeteor/Overheat/Superpower/VCreate?

EKZ1505

Z-DoubleTeam actually resets all lowered stats.
Is this good for VGC after a LeafStorm/DracoMeteor/Overheat/Superpower/VCreate?

Probably better to go with a White Herb since you don't use a turn to reset, and there's much better use of a z move anyway.