• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracoste

Dracode telepateeeh!

[aka]

Does anybody have any ideas for the ninja/knight bugs' names?
I'm thinking Chobomaki --> Shellmet and that Shubarugo --> Chevargot (why mess with what's good?).
I've got nothing for the ninja's, though. :X

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This is the best I can find, however Mebukijika's alternative forms and Morobareru are a little miscolored.

EDIT: It seems they now have artwotk of Mebukijika and Morobareru in their true colors.

Mebukijika looks as awesome as ever in all of it's artwork. Speaking of Mebukijika though, I saw that update on the Alternate Formes page and I saw it's Dream World artwork. I think it makes Mebukijika look cooler, sort of like it's the fashionista of the Pokemon World. The Dream World artwork really is vivid. That's not to say I don't like the Ken Sugimori artwork though. Sure, that artwork that was posted on that site isn't exactly high-quality stuff and it wasn't properly extraced since you can see white around the edges, but we still get to see some cool Pokemon so there's no problem there. At least we have artwork.

Vicious Sal

The better fire starters ;o

Imho, i would have liked these as the fire starters, (and some ppl already shouted piglit and pignite etc :p)

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/240/9/e/Piglit_by_sylver1984.png
http://sylver1984.deviantart.com/gallery/25793201#/d11steg

And a real favorite, Scorchog! (I can really see that name in the game too)
http://sylver1984.deviantart.com/gallery/25793201#/d11stot

Not to forget that Sylver (Creatopr of these) has made things that should've been in B/w. >_> But that is my opinion, Scorchog > Emboar

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
GUYS! Within hours we will know the English names of the starters!!! FINALLY! I tried my hardest not to keep there names in my head, but alas!!! Lets hope there easy to remember! (What am I saying ofcourse they will be?)

R_N

Oh man I can hardly wait for the moaning and complaining and how NoA are the worst and should have used these clearly superior names

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
I can't wait for the English names to be revealed, though I hope Pokabu is named Flarrow(Flare+Farrow(young pig)). Best name I can think of for it.

turtwig217

I honestly usually end up liking whatever names they end up being, and even if they seem weird at first, they're easy to get used to.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I hated the name Turtwig for quite a while so I'm sure I'll get used to Tsutaja's English name not being Smugleaf (I'll probably still call it that).

Slowemperor

Villain in training
Get yourselves ready! A new battle is about to begun! Chronical complainers are readying their nostalgia googles and flamethrowers, serious critics are arming up their expectations and witty comments and chronical lovers are readying their diabetic love for the new names...

Whatever names come I'll get used to them. I don't care much about names as long as I know how to say and spell them.

Dracoste

Dracode telepateeeh!
We all get used to them, eventually. Its easier to know the English names so soon, so we don't have trouble reckonizing a Pokémon's name if someone forgot an "i" or an "o".

Oh, I already saw those, they're not HQ.

Thanks anyways ^-^

Hehehe. That's as HQ you can get them ATM(I haven't seen them yet in a higher quality) But we must be happy that we can see Pokémon in their Sugimari art.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
*Gets nostalgia goggles and flamethrower ready*

Seriously though, whatever the English names for Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru may be, they can't be all that bad. I'm expecting puns galore of course, but I don't think they'll be as bad as some of the previous ones. I few people accurately predicted some of the English names for 4th Generation Pokemon so I'm going to wait and see if anyone managed to guess the English names for Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru. Watch them gloat about it for years to come :3

Silver Totodile

The English names? Don't think they will bother me that much; I always seem to either like them or just don't really mind. Don't think i'll ever get used to knowing Mijumaru as anything other than Mijumaru.

Also I doubt i'll ever call mamepato by its english name when it's released. I like it too much.

725roy

ambivolent
The English names? Don't think they will bother me that much; I always seem to either like them or just don't really mind. Don't think i'll ever get used to knowing Mijumaru as anything other than Mijumaru.

Also I doubt i'll ever call mamepato by its english name when it's released. I like it too much.

It's true once you get a name in your head the english name doesn't sound AS good. Like in my PMD3 i named my Mudkip Miju.

It'll tough to switch :p...

Dracoste

Dracode telepateeeh!
It also could be possible that some keep their Japanese names(or with a some minor differences). I actually hope they keep Tsutarja's name, it sounds nice.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Oh man I can hardly wait for the moaning and complaining and how NoA are the worst and should have used these clearly superior names

Or how they didn't use the ridiculous name Smugleaf.

Get yourselves ready! A new battle is about to begun! Chronical complainers are readying their nostalgia googles and flamethrowers, serious critics are arming up their expectations and witty comments and chronical lovers are readying their diabetic love for the new names...

Whatever names come I'll get used to them. I don't care much about names as long as I know how to say and spell them.

I really don't get why some people get mad over the English names. They're easier to pronounce than the Japanese names, and you can actually understand the puns used in their names as opposed to Japanese where you can only understand most of them if you knew Japanese.

R_N

It also could be possible that some keep their Japanese names(or with a some minor differences). I actually hope they keep Tsutarja's name, it sounds nice.

Starja doesn't meet nearly enough pun quotients for my liking

Status
Not open for further replies.