• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
Can someone please tell me what in the Sam Hill Zuruguu and Zuruzukin are based on?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Can someone please tell me what in the Sam Hill Zuruguu and Zuruzukin are based on?

Apparently, Zuruguu and Zuruzukin are based on some sort of yellow reptile that has trouble keeping it's trousers on (which is why Zuruguu is holding them up). I don't get it myself but I think it's supposed to be funny somehow. I don't get how something so hideous could be funny though :3

SergeiDragunov

Crits Everywhere
Apparently, Zuruguu and Zuruzukin are based on some sort of yellow reptile that has trouble keeping it's trousers on (which is why Zuruguu is holding them up). I don't get it myself but I think it's supposed to be funny somehow. I don't get how something so hideous could be funny though :3

So basically it's a Lizard + Pants on the Ground?

ForeverFlame

Mothra.jpg

Mothra, famous Godzilla monster.

637.png

Urgamoth, new Pokemon found in Gen V.

Why hasn't anyone else pointed out the blatantly obvious connection between them? They have the same color scheme and everything.

And its pre-evolution looks like Arceus as a baby.

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
Does anyone know when you unlock the dream world? And if you can use older generation starters and eeveelutions from it? Kinda wanna use an older starter cause these new ones kinda suck...

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
Lets talk about the ice cream pokemon! :D

It has breakable armor as an ability so if you switch it in on a physical attack it will be ready to sweep! ONE problem though...its lousy movepool. The only good moves I see are ice beam and flash cannon. I NEED a breedable move list to see if he can do anything else.

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
Does anyone know when you unlock the dream world? And if you can use older generation starters and eeveelutions from it? Kinda wanna use an older starter cause these new ones kinda suck...

Suck it up use the new ones you whiny little man. They're bad ***.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
any confirmation if the shiny pichu and notched ear pichu do any gameplay changes in game? Unless they were a special promotion in generation IV, then there has to be something in generation V. And no word of the Capsule Lock?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lock_Capsule

The only Generation 4 event Pokemon that unlock anything special in Pokemon Black and White are Celebi, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. If the Pichu or Lock Capsule did anything, we'd know by now since they'd have said something about it months ago. The Pichu were only ever special promotion for Generation 4.

And about Urgamoth; I can definitely see the resemblance between that moth monster and it lol. Urgamoth is just the weirdest Pokemon so far. It's like Rotom in that, despite not being Legendary, it has much in common with the classification :S

Last edited:

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ

You can unlock it in the first gym city. And yes, you can use any Pokemon you get from the Dream World right away. However, unless you played the online mini game to get the Eeveelution's password, you can't get one of them. (although obviously the mini game will be available again before the US release)

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
You can unlock it in the first gym city. And yes, you can use any Pokemon you get from the Dream World right away. However, unless you played the online mini game to get the Eeveelution's password, you can't get one of them. (although obviously the mini game will be available again before the US release)

Thanks for the Information. can you get starters? if not i may try a Vaporeon

R_N

[I MG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z4Zd6dSVt80/S6_mCT-daOI/AAAAAAAAACg/J-nLvrCXHnU/s1600/Mothra.jpg[/IMG]
Mothra, famous Godzilla monster.

[IM G]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/637.png[/IMG]
Urgamoth, new Pokemon found in Gen V.

Why hasn't anyone else pointed out the blatantly obvious connection between them? They have the same color scheme and everything.

And its pre-evolution looks like Arceus as a baby.

People already have. Also the Dark/Dragon guy=Ghidorah.

It's a shame the guy is post-game and also evolves at level 70, I'd use him otherwise.

i live in the us and im desperate to play these new games,is it worth to buy a japanese version of it or will a miss out due to the language difference? also how are they going to do the celibi and beast events in the us? does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.