• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I don't think you could really get 'rampant' from that, it has no relevance to Lampent. I see lamp, lament, repent and lambent. But yeah, the names of the Litwick line are some of my favourites.

Disgruntled Goat

has his moments
I don't think you could really get 'rampant' from that, it has no relevance to Lampent.
Um, 'rampant' shares 5 out of 7 letters with 'lampent'. That's more than repent does.
Also, if you stress the first syllable rather than the second, they sound pretty similar.

Like all the names, maybe it's not the main reference but it's definitely in there as a side-effect.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I said nothing about the letters. You yourself suggested repent.

I mean that 'rampant' doesn't describe Lampent very well, and has little relevance to it as a Pokemon. How is Lampent rampant?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Um, 'rampant' shares 5 out of 7 letters with 'lampent'. That's more than repent does.
Also, if you stress the first syllable rather than the second, they sound pretty similar.

Like all the names, maybe it's not the main reference but it's definitely in there as a side-effect.

Um, by using your 'x shares blah blah blah our of y letters with 'name'', then we can assume Smoochum is a scrambling up of 'mushroom', as mushroom shares 7 out of 8 letters with Smoochum, despite Smoochum not being close to a mushroom.
We can also say that Mothim is partly based on the word 'thimble', despite bearing no resemblance.
Whilst rampant and Lampent aren't as extreme as these cases, the principle is still the same; sharing x amount of letters can have very little to do with the roots of the name: explain to me, how is Lampent rampant?

Sabonea_Masukippa

beasts.png

Just some DW-quality art of the Mooseketeers from the latest Daisuki Club e-mail. Shame it's covered up.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Interesting. I'm starting to warm up to Cobalion and Virizion, those piercing eyes are too cool. And it looks like Virizion's got those leaf appendages of both sides of its neck?

Sakrey

Caring Career
Yeah, that's one cool artwork you have there, Sab
icon14.gif

And I didn't notice that before but...Cobalion has moustaches ?!!...Or not ? I'm so confused...

Flame Dragon

It's just me or Mijumaru (Water Starter) 3rd evolution doesn't fit at all with the first two forms?
From a Sea Otter it becomes... some kind of dog with a moustache? wtf

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Yeah, that's one cool artwork you have there, Sab
icon14.gif

And I didn't notice that before but...Cobalion has moustaches ?!!...Or not ? I'm so confused...
I don't think they're moustaches as much as they're simply lines on its skin.

It's just me or Mijumaru (Water Starter) 3rd evolution doesn't fit at all with the first two forms?
From a Sea Otter it becomes... some kind of dog with a moustache? wtf
Samurott is a sea lion. Sea otter to sea lion is not a huge stretch at all, but Ken Sugimori did say the designer of the Oshawott line had difficulty figuring out Samurott's design. It's not a dog. It can be viewed as a bit of a stretch but drastic evolutionary changes do happen in Pokemon.

I LOVE the Musketeer Pokemon! Seriously, all are awesome Pokemon. D/W artwork is awesome.

@Flame Dragon- Seriously? Are you REALLY bringing back this argument? Samurott is based off a Sea Lion, a reasonably close relative to the Otter. It does fit right, it shoes natural progression, with the slowly darkening colour of skin and getting more shells.

EDIT: Ninja'd by two people...

hi can you rate my team plz

ive got a krabby
its really good but it sometimes has bad days
its got lots of good moves like whirlpool and cut (this means it can get throgh trees) and its strongest attack is strength
it is level 20 and nearly level 21 so it will be much stronger soon
my second krabby is cvalled paje because my borther gave it to me

i will tell you the rest of my team if you are intrested

i have also heard that krabby can evolve does it need a water stone

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
It's not a reboot in the sense that the series is starting over.

It's as BCVM22 described it:

It's a bit of a fresh start, certainly, but not a reboot.

edit: Accelgor'd by the man himself.

i know they are in the same world, but i mean its like a set cause gen 1-4 seemed to be like a set. and like you said gen v is a 'fresh start'

if this is confusing then i get you cause im confusing myself =S but if you dont get it then i will understand

Kreis

Still Dirrty
hi can you rate my team plz

ive got a krabby
its really good but it sometimes has bad days
its got lots of good moves like whirlpool and cut (this means it can get throgh trees) and its strongest attack is strength
it is level 20 and nearly level 21 so it will be much stronger soon
my second krabby is cvalled paje because my borther gave it to me

i will tell you the rest of my team if you are intrested

i have also heard that krabby can evolve does it need a water stone

You're in the wrong section, go to a help thread instead of some sort. But here are some helpful links:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Krabby_(Pokémon)

And here is a link detailing generic movesets for a Kingler:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kingler

For further questions regarding other Pokemon's evolutions, movesets, etc, visit the SPP Pokedex:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

Sakrey

Caring Career

If I remember well, there was an interview of Ken Sugimori which revealed that people working on the 2nd evolution stage of the starters, were asked to make a design rather -if not completely- different from their pre-evo.

Dracoste

Dracode telepateeeh!
if this is confusing then i get you cause im confusing myself =S but if you dont get it then i will understand

I think that I know what you mean, you want to know when the events of B/W fits in the Pokémon story timeline, right?

Do you know the girl Caithlin in the battle castle in Pt/HG/SS? Well, she's a member of the Elite 4 in the Unova region now and she looks much older, so I assume the events of B/W happens around 5~7 years later after the events of D/P/Pt/HG/SS

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
I think that I know what you mean, you want to know when the events of B/W fits in the Pokémon story timeline, right?

Do you know the girl Caithlin in the battle castle in Pt/HG/SS? Well, she's a member of the Elite 4 in the Unova region now and she looks much older, so I assume the events of B/W happens around 5~7 years later after the events of D/P/Pt/HG/SS

oh man how do i put this, thats not what i meant =S you see i kinda already knew that. and genv's events arent at the same timeline as the others.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
oh man how do i put this, thats not what i meant =S you see i kinda already knew that. and genv's events arent at the same timeline as the others.

Yes, Gen V is after Gen II-IV.

I know what you're trying to say, Poke_Mania, but it isn't a reboot. A fresh start and a reboot aren't the same. Whether Gen VI onwards will encompass its own individual 'set' like Gen I-IV did is yet to be seen.

i don't think we ever had a pokemon that evolves twice via happiness have we? If swoobat were to evolve, i think it would be via some new stone...

Seeing as Gen IV introduced Porygon-Z, thus the first evolutionary line to evolve by trading with items twice, the idea of evolving with happiness twice wouldn't be impossible in itself.

However, happiness doesn't reset with evolution. Thus once it evolved, it would simply evolve again after leveling up. I don't think that'll happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.