• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillarmyArmy

Isshu, Here I come!
Last edited:

CyndaquilRules

Sabonea_Masukippa

I think it's kinda cute.
Me too. I didn't like it when I first saw the Experto fan art, but seeing its animation and Sugimori has made me love it. So gosh darn cute I wanna take it home. I can see Ash or someone getting him in the anime too.

Ah, my bad. I didn't realise it was you who was posting. Otherwise I would've realised.

Your sarcasm isn't being well noticed in this thread. xD

Haha, I'm sure after 6 months that most people are bored/annoyed with my attempt at sarcasm and just choose to ignore it.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Really? I only really looked at the First few Mon like Charizard and they looked mighty similar.

Non-gen 5 Pokemon are mixed bag, some use their DP sprites, some use their Pt sprites, some use their HGSS sprites and some are all new.

Eh, the first form is sorta cute in a weird way I guess, but....

Seriously, wtf.

Put it down to personal preference. :) Especially considering that Daikenki, Kokoromori and Kurimugan have all proved to be, at some point, "controversial" or "ugly" or "unpopular designs. (Even though I love them all. I can't wait to see their official arts. Epicness awaits, I'm sure).

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Serebii put up sprites of the Pokemon in the site's 5th Gen Dex! :D Hurray!

I never realized just how cool Jaroda's and Wargle's shiny sprites are.

Aether13

I personally think Gen 5 has some of the best pokemon out of all the gens just because they aren't all " unique" doesn't mean they aren't badass. Example, Jaroda and Seviper are both snakes but IMO Jaroda is better then Seviper even though Seviper came first.

Last edited:

Slowemperor

Villain in training

Oh My Arceus! It's... Bidoof in gears! The guy who discovered this should get an award.

Also, the Gangster Lizzard look like they were ripped off a grafitti. I guess that's the idea so... even though they are ugly, I guess they are succeeded.

I'm just thinking how they can be Dark/Fighting. Dark is fighting dirty, and Fighting is with honour. How can you possibly be both? By fighting honorably dirty? Or dirtly honorably? But aren't both dirty anyway? Or as they are honorable following their rules, which are dirty, they are taken as both? Or is it just for the http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool (for your own mental safety, is my duty to inform this site will lead you to a looooooooooooooooooooooooong Wiki Walk) or for the sake of gameplay?

Last edited:

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
D'aww. Zuruggu's Sugimori art makes me like him a little more. Probably won't use him in my first run-through, but he and Zuruzukin are starting to grow on me.

Dracoste

Dracode telepateeeh!
Even if the B/W sprite and the HG/SS/Pt sprite looks the same, don't forget that the sprites are moving now.

lalasiny

Poke-the-X :)
The pictures are back on baby yeah!!!

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
imo gear was great. gigear was alright but gigigear was just stupid. they added a ring and button and its an evolution

Just so you know, Gear evolves from a simple machine to a more complex machine. Its not stupid when you understand the premise. No one said evolutions have to be drastic changes. Ponyta-Rapidash is just getting a adult horse who now has a horn and bigger flames as a result. Hardly a drastic evolution as something like Magikarp-Gyarados.

I'm glad the Sugimori art is slowly coming out. The Sugimori art always helps me like pokemon I'm on the fence about. That Mamepato evolution looks pretty awesome now.

-;248;

Just saw the black and white exclusive areas link and Im totally liking the whole technology (black) vs. nature (white) deal they have there. This reinforces my wanting for white :D

Status
Not open for further replies.