1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aether13

Aether13 Well-Known Member

Yeah seeing all the epic pokemon you can get in White Forest makes me think I may get White instead of Black :D

2. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

I dunno... Psychic ability? Hollow body. Altering gravity. Glitch. Rocket boosters. A really big jump.
    Probably one of those. I'm not complainin' though. I can't wait to see the look on my friends faces when I tell them it learns fly. :O

3. Slowemperor

Slowemperor Villain in training

It's even in his pokedex entry.

About the forest/city, basicly what I got is the City has Trainers and the Forest has Wild Pokes?

4. Blazios

Blazios Well-Known Member

Black has trainers and shops, White has wild Pokémon, yes.

5. CyndaquilRules

CyndaquilRules Well-Known Member

I think I'mma get both. I got both HG and SS. I haven't finished either yet though...

6. Clay Psyduck

Clay Psyduck Dynamax Luigi

Because it's like Iron Man, or a Gundam.

It's part ground because it's a golem (made, generally, of clay or mud or something) and ghost because a golem doesn't generally have a real soul.

It can fly because it's essentially a robot/giant mech thing.

Made perfect sense to me when I realized this.

7. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing any rocket boosters. And not all hunmanoid robots/mech suits fly. Maybe it's the Golem of the future where clay hardens like steel and have internal rocket boosters. Limitless technology and pokemon are a whole new weird.

8. CyndaquilRules

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

But I'm doubting it has rocket boosters..

9. Slowemperor

I think it's the unknown energy that fuels him and gives him his ghost type. It's in the pre-evo entry, and I believe the explanation is more in the ways of a mystical energy and supernatural (he's ghost-type, not steel, not electric, ghost.).

10. Varnani

Varnani Infernus Rex

An Iron Man Pokémon would be so awesome *w*
    But it shouldn't be a surprise, many random pokémon can learn random moves. Like Nidoking, who is able to learn Thunderbolt AND Surf :p

razz

11. Glue

Glue Snorunt = cool ^o^

I love them all... except for legends which is disappointing to me :(

12. Slowemperor

Or Snorlax, Kangaskan, Lickitung, Rhydon, Miltank, Sneasel, Furret, Linoone, Aggron... all learn SURF.
    Most just seem to heavy to swim (I mean Aggron has like... metal!), and how can a kid ride a Sneasel in the sea?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  13. CyndaquilRules

Odd, I quite like the legends.

14. Mayfan

Mayfan Wh-hoo!

Deathkan's shiny <33333333333333

15. CyndaquilRules

Issume you mean, [​IMG]?

16. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Wow, the Shiny sprites for the new Isshu Pokemon make me appreciate their normal sprites so much more lol. I like the original Desukan sprite more now than I did before. I like the overall theme of the design though it's pre-evolved form leaves much to be desired. I mean, I know Desukan is a sarcophagus but what about it's pre-evo?

17. Dr. Leggs

Dr. Leggs Astral Cowboy

Deathmas is based on the soul of an ancient human (according to its Pokedex entires). It looks vaguely anthropomorphic with its head/arms, and it holds a mask like the one on Deathkan's body.

Speaking of which, Deathkan's sprite makes me love it even more. I love how the pieces of the casket come together over the eyes and mouth in its animation. Looks so realistic.

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Its pre-evo is based on egyptian masks, conceptually.

In-universe, it's their face from their past lives as humans.

19. CyndaquilRules

Why are people calling it Deathkan?

20. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It just depends on how you, uh, romanize it I think. Desukan, Deathkan, Deathkarn, it's all the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.