• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangoes

Grand Empress
That's what the last eight months have been. You'll have to forgive people if they're a wee bit tired of being diplomatic about things at this point.

Hmm, well, I only recently started posting and looking at these threads, so maybe the guy I first responded to was justified in lashing out if people say those things as often as you say. Its just a bit odd to see someone get so angry over a post that to me seemed harmless, so that's why I responded. Sorry if I offended anyone.

To not get too offtopic, I think Reshiram looks cooler than Zekrom. Now this post is about pokemon. :) :thumbsup:

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
To not get too offtopic, I think Reshiram looks cooler than Zekrom. Now this post is about pokemon. :) :thumbsup:

I think the total opposite. Zekrom looks so cool, being just pure black and having electricity flowing around it and everything. Meanwhile, I don't really like white on a legendary because it makes them seem too bright, and therefore almost too happy.

Mangoes

Grand Empress
I just find Zekrom's body too generic and boring, I guess. The flashes and his tail are cool and I like them a lot, but his arms, legs, and wings just don't do it for me. Reshiram looks a lot more unique and majestic in my opinion, hehe. :D

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
I just find Zekrom's body too generic and boring, I guess. The flashes and his tail are cool and I like them a lot, but his arms, legs, and wings just don't do it for me. Reshiram looks a lot more unique and majestic in my opinion, hehe. :D

Theres a difference between "cool" and "unique and majestic". I like Reshiram's design more, but I think Zekrom is cooler.

Riarra

Pokemon Trainer Blue said:
Anyone else prefer Dewott and Servine over their evolutions? I really wish they looked more like their second evos.

I do- I don't have anything against Serperior and Samurott (their designs are cool, and I really like them) but I like the middle stages better, if only by a teeny margin. For instance, I like Fraxure, Zweilous, Tranquill, and several other middle-stagers better than their fully evolved forms. I don't know why their designs appeal to me more; maybe it's because they're rather overshadowed by their older siblings (so to speak) or something.

Also, I personally prefer Reshiram. Probably because it seems lighter and freer and more feminine, or maybe because it's a WYVERN. ;)

And if anyone wants to yell at me about that, my Quilava, Grovyle, Dewott, Vibrava, Lampent, and Dragonair are ready.

Last edited:

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
And if anyone wants to yell at me about that, my Quilava, Grovyle, Dewott, Vibrava, Lampent, and Dragonair are ready.

I agree that Quilava, Grovyle and Dewott have better designs than their evolutions. However, I do not think that Vibrava, Lampent and Dragonair look better than their evolutions.

CaptainBrain

Continuum
I can see the argument for Dragonair looking better than Dragonite. I've always thought that it was a stretch for Dragonair to suddenly gain wings, legs, arms, and change color upon evolution. Maybe it's based on something that I'm not completely familiar with.

I've always liked Sceptile better than Grovyle and Quilava better than Typholosion. I'm not very fond of the Cyndaquil line as a whole, though. Treecko line is one of my favorite starters.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I can see the argument for Dragonair looking better than Dragonite. I've always thought that it was a stretch for Dragonair to suddenly gain wings, legs, arms, and change color upon evolution. Maybe it's based on something that I'm not completely familiar with.

I'm not talking about the change during evolution, because if we start talking about what is unrealistic in Pokemon, we'll start creating a list that will never end. I'm talking about the actual designs of each Pokemon. A big, orange, majestic Pokemon with wings is a much better design than just a giant blue snake IMO.

I'm not talking about the change during evolution, because if we start talking about what is unrealistic in Pokemon, we'll start creating a list that will never end. I'm talking about the actual designs of each Pokemon. A big, orange, majestic Pokemon with wings is a much better design than just a giant blue snake IMO.

Majestic? Lol wut?

R_N

149Dragonite.png

A number of words come to mind when I see a Dragonite.
Majestic is not one of them

PsychicPsycho

On the topic of middle stages that look better then their final stages, I can honestly say that (without looking through the whole pokedex) I can't think of any mid-stagers I like more. All the ones mentioned so far look fine, though, just not as good as their elders (especially lampent).

Edit: Oh, wait. I just looked at my sig and remembered I like roselia way more then roserade. Roselia looks like a graceful fighter (at least in D/P), while roserade looks like it's going to hand you some flowers.

And I like zekrom more because it looks dark and evil and tough (especially with the red eyes). Reshiram (I keep wanting to say regishiram) doesn't look horrible, though, just not as cool. One thing about reshiram I think is weird is it's wings; it doesn't look like it's wings would support it's body enough to fly.
HEY! Dragonite is in shape... It's just in a round shape...
Dragonite says: "This is.... an OUTRAGE". Haw

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Almost everyone I encountered on the Random Match has wither a politoad or a ninetails *sighs*

and teams lol

Is there a way to cancel a battle before choosing your pokemon?

Aegon

I do- I don't have anything against Serperior and Samurott (their designs are cool, and I really like them) but I like the middle stages better, if only by a teeny margin. For instance, I like Fraxure, Zweilous, Tranquill, and several other middle-stagers better than their fully evolved forms. I don't know why their designs appeal to me more; maybe it's because they're rather overshadowed by their older siblings (so to speak) or something.

Also, I personally prefer Reshiram. Probably because it seems lighter and freer and more feminine, or maybe because it's a WYVERN. ;)

I prefer Serperior and Samurott over Servine and Dewott. I don't like either evolutions that much. I think Zekrom looks much better than Reshiram and his male area.

I love Grovyle, so much more than Sceptile. But Vibrava and Dragonair? Their evolutions are much cooler, no?

Grey Wind

I agree that Quilava, Grovyle and Dewott have better designs than their evolutions. However, I do not think that Vibrava, Lampent and Dragonair look better than their evolutions.
Oh you did not just go there :p

I've always liked Sceptile better than Grovyle
You are awesome.

Anyway, I like most evolutions better than the pre evos. Dewoot is awesome, but I prefer Samurott.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Okay, so maybe a Dragonite just standing there isn't very majestic :p I was mostly referring to how you would look to the sky and just see this big, orange Pokemon flying through the air. All Dragonair would do is... slither around your feet.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Almost everyone I encountered on the Random Match has wither a politoad or a ninetails *sighs*

and teams lol

Is there a way to cancel a battle before choosing your pokemon?

Bring Pokemon that can counter, like a good Grass type with Hidden Power Fire, to hurt the Sun User's Chlorophylers, Somthing with Thunder, Solarbeam, and Earthquake to take advantage of their weather.

jwla

There are certain mid-stage designs I enjoy better than their final forms. Lampent is one, Dragonair is another. A third, and this people might find...controversial...is Haunter. So much better looking than Gengar.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I find Haunter and Gengar to look so different that it's kind of difficult to compare the two. If I had to, I would probably also choose Haunter's design as it's more creative and looks more unique than Gengar.

R_N

Okay, so maybe a Dragonite just standing there isn't very majestic :p I was mostly referring to how you would look to the sky and just see this big, orange Pokemon flying through the air. All Dragonair would do is... slither around your feet.

Dragonair can also fly around, you know

And I've seen Dragonite fly around, it basically looks like this
Spr_3r_149.png

Status
Not open for further replies.