• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
Either way, the Monkeys are simply rubbish dex-fillers with very mediocre stats and move pools.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I don't like the monkeys, but I wouldn't call them "rubbish dex-fillers". You have to remember, this game focused on appealing to new players a lot more than the previous games did. Thus, the game wanted to teach the new players about type triangles, so they created a very evenly matched type triangle, and then put it into practice by creating a type triangle with your starter, your monkey and the Striation monkey.

R_N

Either way, the Monkeys are simply rubbish dex-fillers with very mediocre stats and move pools.

I wouldn't call their evolved forms' stats that mediocre
98/98 offenses are slightly above average and 101 speed is pretty great

And they actually have nice move pools, too.

MegaMew2

5th Gen still sucks.
I wouldn't call their evolved forms' stats that mediocre
98/98 offenses are slightly above average and 101 speed is pretty great

And they actually have nice move pools, too.

I agree. Simisear is a major party member of mine...
I wouldn't swap it out in favor of something better. :/

abraxas

Words.
I will say, while I did find the other two monkeys not to my liking, Pansage ended up being a vital member on my original play through. I enjoyed using it enough so that I would be up for using it again, should the need arise.

KickAsh

halted development
I've only played one play-through of Black, but I didn't use my monkey. It was a Panpour, and I didn't use it because I like Jellicent better.
I really don't like the monkeys, but they're alright. I just don't really like what Simipour and Simisear are doing with their arms and hands.

Riarra

Suicune's rain, neither Dewott, Mandibuzz, nor Druddigon is on that list! What is wrong with the Japanese? I hate surveys like this, they make me feel like my favorites are unpopular. :(

Ah, well, it was only 30 Pokemon out of over 150...

PsychicPsycho

There are certain mid-stage designs I enjoy better than their final forms. Lampent is one, Dragonair is another. A third, and this people might find...controversial...is Haunter. So much better looking than Gengar.
Why do you find it controversial that haunter looks better then gengar? I do like gengar better, but haunter does look more evil with the red/blue aura surrounding its hands.
Yeah, that's kind of how I think of them as well. I mean, the one I received helped with the first gym, although I hated to use it because I don't like the look of any of them. They kind of just seem like they were put there to deal with that first gym.

Although I guess it was very helpful to me in that I has able to trade it for a zorua, with I used ended up using in my team.
Mandibuzz is really not a popular Pokemon though, most of the time I don't remember it's in the Unova dex.
Yeah, I don't care for it at all. The premise that its supposed to be braviary's counterpart seem totally ridiculous to me.

Geekachu

It was because of that completing the Unova Dex in White was such a €$#%*=?!€. I actually really like Vullaby and Mandibuzz. I don't understand people who say 'Mandibuzz sucks sooo much and Braviary pwns he's the best thing evarrr', only because Braviary's stats are a bit more offensive, as well as his ability to have Sheer Force. I also find Vullaby's ans Mandibuzz's sprites to not do them any justice, their Sugi artwork is so brilliant with expression and detail, they real encapsulate mad barbarics. They're so under appreciated.

trfan

The 'Weird' One
Anyone else think the 'Musketeer' trio are the lamest excuse for Legendary Pokemon the series has ever given us? The designs were lazy as hell and move set wise they were nothing special at all...

But that's just me being a negative nilly, I actually really loved this generation, so I don't have much to complain about :)

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Anyone else think the 'Musketeer' trio are the lamest excuse for Legendary Pokemon the series has ever given us? The designs were lazy as hell and move set wise they were nothing special at all...

But that's just me being a negative nilly, I actually really loved this generation, so I don't have much to complain about :)

No, the Musketeer trio aren't that bad. The Regi trio are more worse than any other trio next to the lake guardian trio.

Geekachu

Although I liked how the Regi trio are some of the only legendaries that requires a little challenge to get them. The Lake Trio were meh, as well as the Musketeer Trio, they just seemed so insignificant and their story was never explored a lot.

PsychicPsycho

Although I liked how the Regi trio are some of the only legendaries that requires a little challenge to get them. The Lake Trio were meh, as well as the Musketeer Trio, they just seemed so insignificant and their story was never explored a lot.
I thought the lake trio were ok (psychics :)), although I didn't like that you had to catch them before getting the national dex. The regi trio look ok, but their types aren't ones that I use so much. The 'musketeer' trio are kind of meh to me; cobalion and terrakion look ok, virizion looks girly (but not terrible) and keldeo just looks dumb to me. I don't know about the movesets though; I haven't caught them yet.

Geekachu

I just didn't really like Cobalion's design much, how there were like these random orange riffs that were crapped on his legs. He reminds me of a My Little Pony that a little kid has stuck a load of random paper and glitter on to soup it up.

I'm not making too many judgments on the event legendaries though until their official artwork is released and more info regarding is released. Genesect could be awesome, and Melotta could be interesting.

KickAsh

halted development
The 'musketeer' trio are kind of meh to me; cobalion and terrakion look ok, virizion looks girly (but not terrible) and keldeo just looks dumb to me. I don't know about the movesets though; I haven't caught them yet.

Sigh. Why doesn't anyone like those guys?
I like them all, especially Keldeo, if you're counting it as part of the "trio".
My favorite is probably Terrakion, but I like the others, too. And I know this was brought up a few pages ago, but I still fail to see why Virizion is "girly", or why that's even a bad thing.

Anyway, their movepools: Cobalion does well competitively, but his movepool is limited, and he has to rely on Hidden Power for coverage. Terrakion has a much more diverse movepool, and probably fares the best of the four--it gets Bulk Up, Earthquake and Stone Edge. Virizion has to rely on Hidden Power, and is also kind of limited. Keldeo is reliant on Hidden Power, also, but he also gets a lot of Water type moves as a result of his typing, and he gets Secret Sword/Sword of Mystery.

But regardless of their somewhat limited movepools, these guys do really well competitively.

Mangoes

Grand Empress
I think the musketeer trio are the least-good legendary triple in all the games. I like how all the other triples have some common theme, something from the earth, birds, dogs, emotions (I think) but the musketeers just seem to be random and don't have that much in common besides them all being fighting types. I don't really dislike them, I just don't like them as much as the other triples.

Status
Not open for further replies.