• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
bug in my opinon is a pokemon that doesn't fit in the other groups.
Shuckle and Accelgor are unrelated in every way imaginable

BCVM22

well actually, clams and snails are more closely related to each other (both being mollusks albeit one is a gastropod and the other is a bivalve) than either is to any bug...assuming bug means insect...Also, i don't think a pokemon has to be an insect to be a bug type...such as galvantula, shuckle, scolipede, crustle...heck they don't even need to be arthropods with shuckle, shelmet and accelgor being examples...

And all of that being the case, given that all of the clams and other bivalves in this franchise's bestiary are of the Water-type, can it be reasonably concluded that Shelmet's typing and design, and the fact that the critter that evolves using its shell has a named derived from escargot, are all there to lead us to the conclusion of Shelmet being snail-based?

Or... one that is bug- or arachnid-like... as the name "Bug-type" would suggest...

XXD17

Draco rex
Shuckle and Accelgor are unrelated in every way imaginable

I always thought shuckle was a worm in an apple kind of thing even though it's rock type...and accelgor is a slug...so they remotely make sense as being bug types both being stuff someone would consider as a creepy crawly...

And all of that being the case, given that all of the clams and other bivalves in this franchise's bestiary are of the Water-type, can it be reasonably concluded that Shelmet's typing and design, and the fact that the critter that evolves using its shell has a named derived from escargot, are all there to lead us to the conclusion of Shelmet being snail-based?

Or... one that is bug- or arachnid-like... as the name "Bug-type" would suggest...

I never doubted shelmet being a snail...heck it's even classified as the snail pokemon (even though some classifications are off)...I was just merely pointing out that just because a clam isn't a bug doesn't mean that a snail is which seemed to be what you were implying...sorry for any misunderstandings...

Last edited:

Geekachu

I always thought shuckle was a worm in an apple kind of thing even though it's rock type...and accelgor is a slug...so they remotely make sense as being bug types both being stuff someone would consider as a creepy crawly...

Accelgor always reminds me of an escape artist magician that's trapped in a straight jacket. It's so weird, his speed is ridiculous O.O

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
Shuckle's speed is ridiculously bad.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
I always get confused. does karrablast or shelmet evolve into essavlier and which one evolves into accelgor.

BCVM22

Karrablast > Escavalier

Shelmet > Accelgor

Karrablast gains Shelmet's helmet and it becomes a full suit of armor, hence the fully-armored Escavalier, Shelmet is able to become faster and more agile without its heavy helmet, hence the ninja-like Accelgor.

azurimon

► A ▼ x2

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I find the symbiotic evolution between Karrablast and Shelmet quite fun and I hope they do it next gen.

Perhaps it can apply backwards, what Pokemon would you guys like to cross evolve from previous gens?

Geekachu

Perhaps it can apply backwards, what Pokemon would you guys like to cross evolve from previous gens?

Good question. I can't think of any right now, but they could do another Mantyke-esque evolution, and if you level up Magnemite/Magneton with a Klink in your party, in a place with electromagnetic influences, you can get a ridiculous Steel/Electric Generator Pokemon.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Karrablast > Escavalier

Shelmet > Accelgor

Karrablast gains Shelmet's helmet and it becomes a full suit of armor, hence the fully-armored Escavalier, Shelmet is able to become faster and more agile without its heavy helmet, hence the ninja-like Accelgor.

I think this was a truly great idea. From first appearances, one would assume that Karrablast evolves into Accelgor and Shelmet into Escavalier, and as such there might be some confusion when it becomes apparent this isn't the case. But then upon reading up on the backstory on their evolutions, it makes perfect sense; from their appearances right down to their stats.

Absolute genius.

But instead of appreciating stuff like this, people will moan about ice creams.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Shuckle's speed is ridiculously bad.

Shuckle itself is ridiculously bad.

(My opinion, of course, so people don't start flaming at me telling me that Shuckle can be used a lot and that I'm an idiot for telling other people that it is bad)

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
Here's another topic, what's your favorite water pokemon and why. Mine of course is Swampert since it's Water-Ground and can learn both Mirror Coat and Counter:).

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Here's another topic, what's your favorite water pokemon and why. Mine of course is Swampert since it's Water-Ground and can learn both Mirror Coat and Counter:).

Gallade, because it's every type. Arceus is Gallade's bottom ***** and slave.

That joke is so old. Gallade is awesome, but nowhere near as awesome as Scrafty.

Empoleon & Carracosta. Their designs are just awesome.

Grei

not the color

I feel like the topic should be "what is your favorite 5th Gen Water Pokemon," since this is the 5th Gen section, and not the General Pokemon Discussion section. Just discussing any Pokemon is sort of off-topic, unless we're talking about how old Pokemon have benefited from the 5th Gen.

Anyway, remaining on-topic, my favorite Water-type in the 5th Gen is the Oshawott line, specifically Samurott. I love those guys. Palpitoad isn't too far behind, and Jellicent is awesome as well.

GalladeX

I love the Palpitoad line. Tympole is cute, Palpitoad is derpy, and Seismitoad is a BAMF.

And of course, the Oshawott line. Well, more like Oshawott and Samurott. Dewott never really stood out to me.

KickAsh

halted development

Politoed, mostly because of its design, and a tiny bit because of the handy new ability Drizzle. (In my defense, I've always liked Politoed, even before it became so popular.)

But to avoid being called a bandwagon-jumper, I'll say my favorites are Vaporeon and Sharpedo, because I like those guys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.