• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dattebayo

Banned
Serperior can learn Brick Break?

No it doesn't, which is why we expect GF to have it learn Brick Break in the next game. It would make sense because of its tail.

KickAsh

halted development
Is that Mandibuzz's name or Mandibuzz in general? Because lots of people dislike Mandibuzz, but I really like it. It has a quirky design.
I like Mandibuzz, too. Not as much as Braviary, but I definitely believe that Mandibuzz deserves more credit and shouldn't be totally overshadowed by Braviary.

Grei

not the color
Sorry to say, Brick Break does not make sense for Serperior. Brick Break is a chopping attack. It's not going to get Brick Break even if one could imagine it using its tail.

Dattebayo

Banned
Sorry to say, Brick Break does not make sense for Serperior. Brick Break is a chopping attack. It's not going to get Brick Break even if one could imagine it using its tail.

Primape and Iron Tail, Dugtrio and Aer*** Ace, Raichu and Gravity Pull, etc.

Blazios

Primeape evolves from Mankey which has a tail and there's no sense in removing TM compatibility after evolving.

Aerial Ace has nothing to do with flying and is based on a sword technique. Moles have claws. For slashing.

Geekachu

Despite the fact that Serperior has fangs I can't imagine it learning the elemental fangs. I mean, a Grass snake using a Fire Type move just doesn't work, and neither does Ice really. The only one that's partially plausible one is Thunder Fang but even so...

Grei

not the color
Despite the fact that Serperior has fangs I can't imagine it learning the elemental fangs. I mean, a Grass snake using a Fire Type move just doesn't work, and neither does Ice really. The only one that's partially plausible one is Thunder Fang but even so...

I imagine that would help, too. Serperior needs coverage.

Primape and Iron Tail, Dugtrio and Aerial Ace, Raichu and Gravity Pull, etc.

Sigh.

Primeape evolves from Mankey which has a tail and there's no sense in removing TM compatibility after evolving.

Aerial Ace has nothing to do with flying and is based on a sword technique. Moles have claws. For slashing.

What Blazios said.

Brick Break is an attack in which one chops bricks. The animation even features a hand. Snivy hardly uses his hands, so I don't see why Serperior would, and again, breaking a brick with a tail makes no sense.

I'd rather see Serperior get Dragon Pulse and Power Whip, among other things.

Dattebayo

Banned
But Serperior needs to rid of Ice and Steel at the same time (EQ only kills one of them), and a fighting move is necessary. The best set for a Pokemon is one that covers its weaknesses.

rocky505

But Serperior needs to rid of Ice and Steel at the same time (EQ only kills one of them), and a fighting move is necessary. The best set for a Pokemon is one that covers its weaknesses.
Just teach the thing hidden power fire and it's ice and steel crap is gone.

Dattebayo

Banned
Just teach the thing hidden power fire and it's ice and steel crap is gone.

But it's a Special Move, and its Physical movepool will outshine its Special movepool due to Coil and once it learns the following moves MetalFlygon listed.

rocky505

But it's a Special Move, and its Physical movepool will outshine its Special movepool due to Coil and once it learns the following moves MetalFlygon listed.
Yeah I'm sure a physical movepool will outshine a a leaf storm abuing okemon that will have +6 in just 3 turns. You can't just say a physical one will be better. It gets Calm mind too.

Dattebayo

Banned
Yeah I'm sure a physical movepool will outshine a a leaf storm abuing okemon that will have +6 in just 3 turns. You can't just say a physical one will be better. It gets Calm mind too.

They may not use Calm Mind due to Contrary being the superior choice.

R_N

It's a snake, and they bite, which is logical.
But it has no fangs which is the point. It more...swallows. Being a boa constrictor and all.

Brick Break is still the serperior choice as it helps eliminate both Steel and Ice (one of its weaknesses).

Eh, Ice Types aren't that common and most of them you probably shouldn't stay in against. At least Earthquake is a strong move that hits most thing neutral.

Grei

not the color

Pokemon generally don't just get moves that help cover their weaknesses. If that were true, Swanna would have a much more diverse movepool.

Pokemon get move updates when there is a move that makes sense for the Pokemon to get that isn't already in the moveset. Serperior with Earthquake and Dragon Pulse is a little bit of a stretch (though not really, when considering Seviper/Arbok and Treecko, respectively), but Poison Tail, Aqua Tail, Acid Spray, and the Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up moves are all attacks that fit with Serperior's snake basis.

A snake cannot chop blocks, even if that would help it defeat its predators.

They may not use Calm Mind due to Contrary being the superior choice.

Why would you say that the physical moveset is better, and then say that Contrary makes Calm Mind useless? Contrary is the reason why a special moveset would be better. In a non-Contrary Serperior, physical is a viable choice, but once Contrary becomes available, special Serperiors are going to dominate over physical Serperiors.

Which is where Hidden Power will do what Brick Break could do. Almost.

Dattebayo

Banned
The reason why I said a physical set is the better choice is because its DW ability isn't legal yet, and since starters in the DW are programmed to be 100% male, it can't breed in its ability thus forcing you to get more Snivys with the right nature/HP. I really wish it learned Outrage in the next game to fix this problem if Dragon Pulse does become part of its movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.