• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolcaronaZero

Claydol User
Fan Rotom shouldn't really count, since the typing didn't happen until gen 5 and it made sense for all the other forms.

When you think about it, Flying+Levitate is a good thing, since Mold Breaker takes out Levitate (correct me if I'm wrong), but the flying type still keeps it away from getting EQ'd.

XXD17

Draco rex
When you think about it, Flying+Levitate is a good thing, since Mold Breaker takes out Levitate (correct me if I'm wrong), but the flying type still keeps it away from getting EQ'd.

yeah it does but who would seriously keep a rotom in on a haxorus considering no one really uses rampardos or pinsir (unless for will-o-wisp purposes I guess)...

VolcaronaZero

Claydol User
yeah it does but who would seriously keep a rotom in on a haxorus considering no one really uses rampardos or pinsir (unless for will-o-wisp purposes I guess)...

Define Rotom. Fridge Rotom loves Haxorus...and not in a good way.

But Rampardos and Pinsir are some UU pokemon, people use 'em.

XXD17

Draco rex

I meant fan rotom...but fridge rotom only has blizzard to play with...unless it's max speed running wide lense, even it can't do much before being taken out with rock slide or EQ....and wouldn't it be better for rampardos to exploit fan rotoms rock weakness rather than its ground weakness?

Dattebayo

Banned

Rampardos and Pinsir are NU, which means they're too weak to even try to counter Fantom.

tatter

Veteran 10+ yrs
i have a question about 3 vs. 3 battles, im tired of whimsicott running around with priority tailwind ruining my day online. i've come up with a dusclops that knows Snatch to remedy this prudent problem online but im wondering if snatch will only affect the pokemon in range or everyone?

like if my dusclops was on the complete opposite side of whimsicott would snatch still take the tailwind or would dusclops have to be in position where whimsicott was in range for attacks in order for it to take the tailwind?

KickAsh

halted development
NU means "Neverused," so newcomers will assume that they're too weak to battle.
It's actually based on usage, not weakness. Usage could be a function of how strong a Pokemon is, but still--the tiers are based on how frequently a Pokemon is used.

And newcomers will assume Pinsir and Rampardos to be weak?

Rampardos and Pinsir are NU, which means they're too weak to even try to counter Fantom.
That's ironic.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
This whole tier thing is getting out of hand, really. I don't see how Rampardos and Pinsir could become useless when they have the proper tools to handle themselves in battle, as well as each and every pokemon in the game.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I'm sorry, but if a newcomer is introduced to Pokemon, stumbles upon Bulbapedia/Serebii and sees Rampardos's 165 attack stat, I don't think they'll consider it weak.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Or maybe someone with Trick Room and with Rampardos's moveset in a double battle: Protect, Head Smash, Earthquake, Fire Punch.

Might not be a bad idea, but Earthquake + Levitate spamming might be trouble if it doesn't KO. Rampardos is a beast, though, and it can at least take a hit better than Deoxys.

R_N

This whole tier thing is getting out of hand, really. I don't see how Rampardos and Pinsir could become useless when they have the proper tools to handle themselves in battle, as well as each and every pokemon in the game.

It's all about having enough to be useful. And with so many Pokemon in the series with so many strategies, some will always be more useful than a slow/frail MONSTER and a strong, but outclassed, bug (Heracross is sadly better than Pinsir in a lot of ways :( ).

Status
Not open for further replies.