• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickAsh

halted development
Heracross is sadly better than Pinsir in a lot of ways :( ).
It's all about that dual typing!
If it makes you feel better, though, Heracross is in UU, so it's only one tier up from Pinsir's domain in NU.

R_N

It's all about that dual typing!
If it makes you feel better, though, Heracross is in UU, so it's only one tier up from Pinsir's domain in NU.

RU, actually. NU will be determined later

Being separated by tiers is kind of a big deal, though. Furret is also one tier away from Heracross, for example.

KickAsh

halted development
RU, actually. NU will be determined later

Being separated by tiers is kind of a big deal, though. Furret is also one tier away from Heracross, for example.

Oh right I forgot about that fancy-pants new tier.

Well, Pinsir > Furret. Within the NU tier, Pinsir (probably) receives more usage than Furret, so Pinsir is closer to Heracross than Furret is.
Yeah but still. NU and RU are still pretty far apart, I see your point.

Dattebayo

Banned
NU is the worst place for a Pokemon to end up in as it would mean that newcomers to competitive play will avoid it as possible because they only care about strong Pokemon, who happen to be those in OU.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
NU is the worst place for a Pokemon to end up in as it would mean that newcomers to competitive play will avoid it as possible because they only care about strong Pokemon, who happen to be those in OU.

There aren't that many Pokemon in NU.
Some that come to mind are Ledian, Audino, and Unown, for obvious reasons

Dattebayo

Banned
There aren't that many Pokemon in NU.
Some that come to mind are Ledian, Audino, and Unown, for obvious reasons

In Gen 4, there were more Pokemon in NU than the amount of Pokemon in OU and UU combined. I expect Gen 5's NU to be so big that it makes it feel like this is the worst gen ever.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola

Maybe those newcomers should think for themselves about what Pokemon they want to use rather than having to be told what's strong and what's not, hm?

I agree with Witchan. A pokemon's strength and viability - yeah, even in competitive play - is much more than just this 'tier' grouping that some fans sadly seem to have taken as gospel. I've used pokemon both in-game and in wifi battles that I believe most Smogon players would class in the lower tiers (Houndoom, Lantern, Floatzel, Jumpluff, Lapras, Nidoqueen), and they've kicked butt. Sometimes a rubbish-seeming poke can surprise you if you just train it well and give it a chance.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Know what I just discovered? POKEMON STOLE MY NAME!! :mad:
I was looking at an old sprite thread I'd made in 2009, one of my fakemon was called "Trankwil". It was tge "Peaceful porcupine" pokemon. I'm betting you anything that nintendo came here and stole it and said, "Let's misspell it and make it a different species so Skyler 99 won't sue us!"
That's what happened, thanks for listening.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Not matter tier its in i can kick butt with my stunfisk.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
NU is an odd name, to be honest.

People sometimes play NU, which completely contradicts the name (Never Used)

R_N

NU is an odd name, to be honest.

People sometimes play NU, which completely contradicts the name (Never Used)

Well comparatively never used. Name gets the point across easily enough.

Though, iirc, NU was never that popular of a tier in general (a trait it ironically shared with Ubers)

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
TU
To used?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
TU
To used?

If you meant "too used", that would be Over Used (OU) ;)

anyway, random thought that suits this thread:

I wonder why they didn't give Articuno & Zapdos the move Air Slash just like Moltres....

Dattebayo

Banned
I wonder why they didn't give Articuno & Zapdos the move Air Slash just like Moltres....

They probably didn't want to make them too difficult to catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.