• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of Jellicent? I fought a (most likely) hacked one on random, and it was annoying.
Well design wise, I find it really cool. I must say that the males design it much better than the female(hell I was dissappointed when i got the female on Pokedex 3D) I love the mustache and cute eyes. And frankly enough it is still the most creepy of all the ghosts this gen. I haven't really used it myself, but I plan to use it if I ever buy Black or wait to the third game gets out.
Yes it is, VGC stand from Video Game Championship.
Wow, I didn't know that Protect was the move most used. The only pokemon I have heard that use it often in 5th gen is Whimsicott and ferrothorn. Rock Slide with over 5%, what happened to Stone Edge? And last, this wasn't really a suprise, but Acrobatics have surpassed Arial Ace

Well design wise, I find it really cool. I must say that the males design it much better than the female(hell I was dissappointed when i got the female on Pokedex 3D) I love the mustache and cute eyes. And frankly enough it is still the most creepy of all the ghosts this gen. I haven't really used it myself, but I plan to use it if I ever buy Black or wait to the third game gets out.

Wow, I didn't know that Protect was the move most used. The only pokemon I have heard that use it often in 5th gen is Whimsicott and ferrothorn. Rock Slide with over 5%, what happened to Stone Edge? And last, this wasn't really a suprise, but Acrobatics have surpassed Arial Ace

Rock slide hit both of the foe (this is double battle) than stone edge that hit one

Dattebayo

Banned
What does everyone think of Cofagrigus?

Cool ghost type, but its movepool is left to be desired when it comes to covering dark types (and steel types). One of the few Pokemon who are impossible to be traded at the GTS.

Hate to say this Dattebayo, but you're incorrect.

Bulbapedia said:
Previously, due to the censor that prevented Pokémon with offensive nicknames being traded on the GTS, an English language Cofagrigus could not be traded without a nickname. However, the filter has since been removed altogether.

Apparently according to the reliable source of Bulbapedia, this is inaccurate.
I must say, I really like the designs and concepts of pretty much all the generation five Pokemon. That said, I would only use Litwick and evos and maybe Golett and evo in an ingame party.

Hmm... now I got Black, I have no Idea what to use in Gray.
Samurott's a definite. Other than that, no idea.

Grei

not the color
What do you guys think of Jellicent? I fought a (most likely) hacked one on random, and it was annoying.

I enjoyed using Jellicent when I did. I personally like the females a little more, but both genders look neat. Jellicent is good as a Special Defense wall. I imagine if you gave it Toxic and Hex to go with its good Special Defense, it'd be good. I used mine as a Special Attacker in-game to moderate success.

As far as facing them, use a physical Grass-type or Dark-type attack on them. Their special defense will make moves like Giga Drain a little less effective, but they can't take physical attacks nearly as well.

Why would you ask this when you had only received one answer for your previous question?

Anyway, Cofagrigus, design-wise looks very lame to me. I've never felt any inclination to use it. Maybe if it gets a cool evo in the future, I'll using it. I've only ever fought them, and they were nothing special. From what I can tell, their biggest perk is Mummy.

Geekachu

I personally think it's got an awesome design. Great defense, but I've heard it's movepool isn't exactly the best in the world

You know what I want next gen? Burning Ground (or other name but same effect), basically Toxic Spikes but Fire type. I would also then like Third Degree (again, other names would be fine), a Fire type Toxic. I then would like the Poison conditions to lower the opponent's special attack. Along with that, certain fire moves now inflict badly burned status instead of normal burned status.

I would SO love that.

Then, imagine just how good Jellicent would be. One quick Toxic and a Special attacker becomes completely useless against it. Then it uses Hex to destroy that opponent along with the Poison.

Well, the sprite was awful. It is far to messy. The same goes for Eelektross, if both of them had a little calmer and more harmonious animations, I believe more people would like them. However I love Eelectross, actually one of my all time favorites. But if you put Cofagrigus in the right light it might look really nasty. If you have downloaded the Pokedex app for the 3DS I recommend just looking at it for a while. Its body looks calm and just hover a little up and down, while its arms are really bizarre. That animation actually changed my opinion on him.

Stat wise, I think he is quite good if you want a defensive wall. His abillity is also really notable, but I don't know how usefull it is. But I don't like its typing, I wanted him to be Ghost/Rock, the same way I wanted Druddgeon to be Dragon/Rock. That would have been cool because we didn't get too many Rock types this time.
You know what I want next gen? Burning Ground (or other name but same effect), basically Toxic Spikes but Fire type. I would also then like Third Degree (again, other names would be fine), a Fire type Toxic. I then would like the Poison conditions to lower the opponent's special attack. Along with that, certain fire moves now inflict badly burned status instead of normal burned status.

I would SO love that.

Then, imagine just how good Jellicent would be. One quick Toxic and a Special attacker becomes completely useless against it. Then it uses Hex to destroy that opponent along with the Poison.
I think we should stop speculating in 6th gen. If we ever want the 3rd game speculation thread re-opened.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
I find the male Jellicent more appealing as it looks like Mr. Pringle. BTW, is this set decent for one:

Scald
Hex
Ice Beam
Recover

Grey Wind

I like Jellicent alright. It has a cool typing, and is good as a wall. I personally like the male verions more, the female is to pink and frilly. I never used it, and probably won't, but I still like the look of it. Cursed Body is a quite cool ability as well.

Cofagrigus is ok. It's sprite is too busy, and the Pokemon itself isn't too great either. I like the egyptian theme, and I love Yamask, but I'm indifferent to Cofagrigus. Mummy is usefull enough, but not great, and it's move pool is lackluster.

I find the male Jellicent more appealing as it looks like Mr. Pringle. BTW, is this set decent for one:
Just ask Smogon of course.

KuroiMawile

But if you put Cofagrigus in the right light it might look really nasty. If you have downloaded the Pokedex app for the 3DS I recommend just looking at it for a while. Its body looks calm and just hover a little up and down, while its arms are really bizarre. That animation actually changed my opinion on him.

That was not fun to look at.
I agree though, that Cofagrigus could've been a unique type. (Druddigon not as grass/dragon is shocking)
That set, I can see the logic in it, Ice beam or scald for a status, then hex it to death with recovery from... recover. Water absorb would prevent that strategy though.
Is Cursed Body a useful ability? I played through Black with CB Jellicent for the E4, Castle-battles, and Black city and never saw it work once.

Last edited:

Aegon

Is Cursed Body a useful ability? I played through Black with CB Jellicent for the E4, Castle-battles, and Black city and never saw it work once.
I prefer to go with Jellicent's Water Absorb, rather than Cursed Body. The latter relies too much on luck, while you're guaranteed another resistance with the former. I like to use:

Jellicent @Leftovers
-Scald
-Hex
-Water Spout
-Recover
Nature: Calm
EVs: HP 252, Def. 76, Sp. Def. 180

Yet again I get the first post of the page. Hurrah. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.