• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
In this thread, you are allowed to discuss the 5th Generation Pokemon in general.
Meaning, it is not limited to just Victini up to Genesect.

:: Please do not discuss and/or speculate about the 6th Gen.

Please follow the forum rules -- no spamming, no off-topic conversations, flaming/arguings, etc...

Use the other threads for specific topics:

:: What's Your Team?
:: Legendary Pokemon Discussion Thread
:: 5th Gen EV/IV (Training) Thread
:: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread
:: Pokemon Dream World Discussion Thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
The shiny Monmen evo is so cute, I want it. But I'm getting White...

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good thread.

I didn't get what the point of making to Gear two evolutions that look the same, I think that the last evo is not better than the second.

poke-lord

the gear evos are just more sprites added

BCVM22

I didn't get what the point of making to Gear two evolutions that look the same, I don't think this that the last evo is better then the second.

The whole point of Gear is that it evolves from two gears into a complete mechanism; from something small and simple into something larger, more complex and complete. People seem to be too busy shouting "THEY DIDN'T CHANGE THE SPRITE ENOUGH THEY JUST COPY AND PASTED IN PAINT!" to notice/accept it, disregarding the fact that it was somehow okay when Magneton and Dugtrio did it, and the fact that the sprites animate now and thus even if the two small gears do remain throughout the evolutions, the critter will still look and move differently.

halloweenghost

I love the shines though i was hoping the shinies for reshiram and zekrom would have revered the colors were zekrom would be white and reshiram would be black but oh well.

Atreyu

With Iwaparesu, what's that big thing on top of him, a block of concrete or something?

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
May I just say:

'BOO NINTENDO. BOOOO!!!!'

I'm so annoyed about that stupid notification. What an entirely dumbass thing to do, saying that pictures 'violate intellectual property' ONCE THE GAMES ARE ALREADY OUT. Hey look, all the other pokemon games are out too. Have been for a while. Gonna ask the internet to remove pictures of all of them too, Nintendo?

Morons. I'm with the people encouraging Serebii to ignore the notification. Surely now the games are released they don't have a legal leg to stand on with any 'Oh Noes! They're leaking da pictures of the gamez!' stupidity. What, have they been ASLEEP the last few months, or living in a cave underground? *exasperated facepalm*

On topic, I think people would have accepted the argument about Gear being 'more complex and complete' if they'd evolved it visually, made it visibly better, instead of just the 'more is better' creed. It's like glueing one jigglypuff to another jigglypuff and going, 'oh look, it's better now - there's two of them'. It feels lazy, but that's just my two cents.

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
Ok probably quite a few questions here and I hope someone can atleast help me.

1. Where is the first place that you find Kibago

2. I had a Kenhorou but it did not have those pink things on its head are they female specific or what?

3. Where do you find Washibon or Wargle.

4. Where do you get Shibishirasu

5. Is it possible to get Shubarugo through some sort of in-game trade?

Ethan

Banned
Yo I think B&B said we can't gripe about the letter/notification thinger so...

I like shinropa. It seems like an perfectly ideal support pokemon.

Copley Hill Gym

I wonder if the notifications are to ensure that the American/European releases at least have some semblance of mystique about them, when translated and released. I have never heard of Nintendo doing anything like this before - Sega, yes, Capcom, yes, Sony and Microsoft in spades - but Nintendo?

That said, look at how much higher the press for Black & White has been than it was for even Diamond and Pearl. Pokemon's got bigger since Red & Blue, markedly so, it sells hundreds of millions of items of merchandise a year, globally. I wonder what it's overall profitability is...

On the subject of the Gear final evolution, I was saying it for the last week in the old thread - that final evo is brilliant, as is the whole evolution chain, IMO. Perfect example of engineering, gear/cog/gear to change direction of rotation. Bit like adding components to a clock mechanism, in a way :)

Love it - hence, on the team outlined in my sig below ;)

Lyoke

I like most of the pokemon but i think the legendaries...well they kinda lack creativty, like the trio...:/ but still getting it! :D

Lunanight

I love ononokusu, and its amazing base attack of 147.

ononokusu + dragon dance = the next salamence (yes, it can learn dragon dance)

So, I've been watching videos of people playing Black and White and I can't help but notice Choroneko and Laperasudu seem to be a little on the weak side offensively. I don't think I've ever seen one land a hit that actually did any noticeable damage.
According to the stats page, their attack and special attack seem seem decent. What gives?

Achernar

star-mapping pro
I just notice that there no standalone and final forms that have total stats below 400.

Mirohoggu has the lowest at 420.

iLink

I'm really liking a lot of the sprite change, especially the 3rd gen pokemon. The subtle coloration change to Salamence makes it look a lot better IMO.

Am I the only one that thinks zorua looks really flat? Like they didn't shade him enough or something.

@ Hazelnut: Could be a bad nature with/or bad IV's? *shrugs*

Lyoke

About the Gear conversation people seem to have going on here, at first i kinda didn't get it and i was like " running out of ideas much?" but yea, at least they added something more major onto the last Gear evolution.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Yo I think B&B said we can't gripe about the letter/notification thinger so...

I like shinropa. It seems like an perfectly ideal support pokemon.

Sorry. I'm done now, honest. I just had to vent. ARGHH!!! Sorry, lapsed. No, really. Done now. All done. *deep breaths*

Regarding the fossils (turtle and dino-parrot) does anyone know yet if we can claim one or the other, like in r/b, or if each is version exclusive like in d/p?

I'm gonna play Black and I want my turtle ;__; *hopeshopeshopes*

Also, since Serebii's lovely dex doesn't list locations yet, is there any big page/list that anyone knows of that shows locations for the pokes of Isshu? It'll help for team planning if I find out I can't catch half of my desired pokes til after the seventh badge sooner rather than later xD

Joe.

I love ononokusu, and its amazing base attack of 147.

ononokusu + dragon dance = the next salamence (yes, it can learn dragon dance)

It's gonna be uber so w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.