• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

??????

That guy.
I just had to.

62756_156174087734445_100000255643684_412634_124457_n.jpg

Last edited:
i live in the us and im desperate to play these new games,is it worth to buy a japanese version of it or will a miss out due to the language difference? also how are they going to do the celibi and beast events in the us? does anyone know?

Probably a download like the Latias/Latios event on HG/SS.

Has anyone ripped the animated Janoobi sprite?

R_N

The movie Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus were all in-store events.

Celebi will almost certainly be in-store. Same with the beasts.
I'm interested in how they'll handle the beasts. Will it be random chance? Will you somehow get to choose? Three different wonder cards? Different beast for different retailers?

But, for a glimmer of hope, Jirachi & PCPichu were later given out over wi-fi after their in-store event.

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
Holy cow! I misread that as 'Endure.' With encore, screens, taunt, growth, cotten spore, energy ball, etc, Erufunn might be a huge threat this generation.

True, but dont forget there are plenty of the new pokemon with surprisingly high stats. Doreida also has the same total stat count too, but both are quite powerful and I am not surprised seeing as Roserade was very powerful too, with a better typing combo.

Eldin

Master of Steel
Concerning sprites and such, the only thing I'm disappointed with is the fact that they decided NOT to use all the Kanto and Johto sprite remakes that they worked so hard on...those ones were so epic. It sucks that they went back to the old D/P/Pt Kanto/Johto sprites.

Bombkirby

EXPLOSIONS!!!
A lot of pokemon with good stats have attrocious movepools...

Gigigear...Icecream :(

halloweenghost

Concerning sprites and such, the only thing I'm disappointed with is the fact that they decided NOT to use all the Kanto and Johto sprite remakes that they worked so hard on...those ones were so epic. It sucks that they went back to the old D/P/Pt Kanto/Johto sprites.

not all of them some have brand new sprites bulbasaurs is completly new

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
648-unred.png

648-red.png

Their stats are soo powerful! OMGsh ! They are so strong... I think I like Unred Meroetta better though.

xChrisx

Can we see the Shiny sprites of starters when choosing them at the start like in HG/SS?

Blake.S

Really sorry is this has already been asked, but, do any of the new pokemon evolve into/from any of the previous pokemon? There were three that looked convincing, but other than what the looked like, I haven't heard any other confirmation on this.

(I'm referring to the buffulo similar to Tauros, the pink fish similar to Luvdisc and the cactus which looks like an alternate evolution of cacnea.)

Also, do any of the old pokemon appear in the wild (before National Dex)? As they said there's no more zubats in the caves.

Rakurai

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that none of the Pokemon in this gen are evos of past Pokemon, nor are there any old Pokemon present in the Isshu dex.

HoundoomEgo

Can anyone guess how the third dragon is related to the yin and yang dragons? And btw he looks kind of lopsided.

O Fortuna

Velut luna.
I am getting very excited about Nattorei. Its fire and fighting weaknesses are a concern, but it is certainly going to have the potential to be a good support/wall.

Pikalika55

Don't hate the mushy
I'm having a hard time getting used to the newer pokemon myself. >___> especially since i cant put names and sprites together...

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
This is totally unimportant, but I felt like sharing here:
http://i54.*******.com/2rppvm9.gif

I got bored. Tried recoloring the Gamageroge sprite (bottom right) to look like the coloring styles used on GB (top left), GBC (top right) and GBA (bottom left).

They're not very good or accurate, but I felt like showing it anyway.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
I'm having a hard time getting used to the newer pokemon myself. >___> especially since i cant put names and sprites together...

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I have to continually search up Japanese names so I know what people are talking about.

Should be easier once we learn some English names.

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
Don't worry, you're not the only one. I have to continually search up Japanese names so I know what people are talking about.

Should be easier once we learn some English names.

Yeah. Same here.

As it stands, I can't correspond numbers with pokemon (and actually I can't do that with most of 3rd/4th gen either), or most names.

There are a lot that I am now getting used to, but I tend to not remember them when I want to write them, so I really don't. I remember a lot when I see the names, and I'm like "Oh, that's this guy" or "that's this evolution".

I'm getting there. lol.

It's going to suck because, I am going to eventually get down these names, and then the English names will start coming in and I'll have to relearn the names again.

I still call Budew "Subomi".

Mush

This is totally unimportant, but I felt like sharing here:
http://i54.*******.com/2rppvm9.gif

I got bored. Tried recoloring the Gamageroge sprite (bottom right) to look like the coloring styles used on GB (top left), GBC (top right) and GBA (bottom left).

They're not very good or accurate, but I felt like showing it anyway.

That is very nice. I actually like this pokemon much better in all the other versions you made lol. The GBA one would have been much better than the GF one. I never understood why GF decided to go for very rich coloring and high contrasts. it makes the pokemon look like they are made of plastic or something and not like the organic creatures that they are. The GBA one is much more in line with the anime coloring, which is much more realistic and organic looking.

Last edited:
does anyone know which gen V pokemon have gender differences?

I know purururururuiriurururu....the ghost/water jellyfish line has them (blue and smooth=male) (pink frilly=female), but who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.