• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aether13

Just saw the black and white exclusive areas link and Im totally liking the whole technology (black) vs. nature (white) deal they have there. This reinforces my wanting for white :D

Yeah seeing all the epic pokemon you can get in White Forest makes me think I may get White instead of Black :D

Aurath8

Can someone please explain to me why Goruugu learns Fly?

I dunno... Psychic ability? Hollow body. Altering gravity. Glitch. Rocket boosters. A really big jump.
Probably one of those. I'm not complainin' though. I can't wait to see the look on my friends faces when I tell them it learns fly. :O

Slowemperor

Villain in training
It's even in his pokedex entry.

About the forest/city, basicly what I got is the City has Trainers and the Forest has Wild Pokes?

Clay Psyduck

Dynamax Luigi
Can someone please explain to me why Goruugu learns Fly?

Because it's like Iron Man, or a Gundam.

It's part ground because it's a golem (made, generally, of clay or mud or something) and ghost because a golem doesn't generally have a real soul.

It can fly because it's essentially a robot/giant mech thing.

Made perfect sense to me when I realized this.

Aurath8

Because it's like Iron Man, or a Gundam.

It's part ground because it's a golem (made, generally, of clay or mud or something) and ghost because a golem doesn't generally have a real soul.

It can fly because it's essentially a robot/giant mech thing.

Made perfect sense to me when I realized this.

I'm not seeing any rocket boosters. And not all hunmanoid robots/mech suits fly. Maybe it's the Golem of the future where clay hardens like steel and have internal rocket boosters. Limitless technology and pokemon are a whole new weird.

CyndaquilRules

I'm not seeing any rocket boosters. And not all hunmanoid robots/mech suits fly. Maybe it's the Golem of the future where clay hardens like steel and have internal rocket boosters. Limitless technology and pokemon are a whole new weird.

Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not there.

But I'm doubting it has rocket boosters..

Slowemperor

Villain in training
I think it's the unknown energy that fuels him and gives him his ghost type. It's in the pre-evo entry, and I believe the explanation is more in the ways of a mystical energy and supernatural (he's ghost-type, not steel, not electric, ghost.).

Varnani

Infernus Rex
An Iron Man Pokémon would be so awesome *w*
But it shouldn't be a surprise, many random pokémon can learn random moves. Like Nidoking, who is able to learn Thunderbolt AND Surf :p

razz

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
I love them all... except for legends which is disappointing to me :(

Slowemperor

Villain in training
An Iron Man Pokémon would be so awesome *w*
But it shouldn't be a surprise, many random pokémon can learn random moves. Like Nidoking, who is able to learn Thunderbolt AND Surf :p

razz

Or Snorlax, Kangaskan, Lickitung, Rhydon, Miltank, Sneasel, Furret, Linoone, Aggron... all learn SURF.
Most just seem to heavy to swim (I mean Aggron has like... metal!), and how can a kid ride a Sneasel in the sea?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Issume you mean,
563.png
?

Wow, the Shiny sprites for the new Isshu Pokemon make me appreciate their normal sprites so much more lol. I like the original Desukan sprite more now than I did before. I like the overall theme of the design though it's pre-evolved form leaves much to be desired. I mean, I know Desukan is a sarcophagus but what about it's pre-evo?

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Wow, the Shiny sprites for the new Isshu Pokemon make me appreciate their normal sprites so much more lol. I like the original Desukan sprite more now than I did before. I like the overall theme of the design though it's pre-evolved form leaves much to be desired. I mean, I know Desukan is a sarcophagus but what about it's pre-evo?

Deathmas is based on the soul of an ancient human (according to its Pokedex entires). It looks vaguely anthropomorphic with its head/arms, and it holds a mask like the one on Deathkan's body.

Speaking of which, Deathkan's sprite makes me love it even more. I love how the pieces of the casket come together over the eyes and mouth in its animation. Looks so realistic.

R_N

Its pre-evo is based on egyptian masks, conceptually.

In-universe, it's their face from their past lives as humans.
Pokedex said:
The mask Deathmas carries is its face from when it was human. Occasionally, it stares at it, sobbing.

It was born from the soul of a human buried in an ancient tomb. It still has its memories from long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.