• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The Dream World Pokemon don't really impress me much. At the moment, there are way too many new Pokemon to take my attention away from older Pokemon with new abilities and stuff. Anyway, would anyone know what kind of real life animal that new Bug Pokemon Chobomaki is based off of? Is it a clam or something?

I'm actually interested in getting the newer ones from the dream world

Slowemperor

Villain in training
Does the higher levels for evolutions makes a great impact in the game? Is it considerably harder or just slightly?
I didn't liked it, as I prefer evos a little bit sooner, but it might make things more interesting....

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It's the knight helmet thing right? I'm pretty sure it's an Oyster.

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/616.png[/IMG139]

Yeah, it's name is Chobomaki, at least that's what it says on the main site haha. I just tend to call this new little Bug-type, "Lips" for obvious reasons. I don't think it's an oyster though; didn't we get an oyster Pokemon already (Cloyster)? I think it's some form of clam though why there's a bug inside is really a mystery to me :[

Last edited:

CyndaquilRules

[IMG139]http://floatzel.net/pokemon/black-white/sprites/images/616.png[/IMG139]

Yeah, t's name is Chobomaki, at least that's what it says on the main site haha. I just tend to call this little Bug-type, "Lips" for obvious reasons. I don't think it's an oyster though; didn't we get an oyster Pokemon already (Cloyster)? I think it's some form of clam though why there's a bug inside is really a mystery to me :[

We've also gotten several pigs, monkeys, and other animals before to. We've even gotten a fire monkey before also..

Aether13

I'm actually interested in getting the newer ones from the dream world

I'm also looking forward to some like Speed boost blaziken but some just have stupid abilities.

Lorde

anywho, mabye becuase clams have that soft sluglike inerds.

I guess that's a valid point haha. It just seems like a total stretch not to give Chobomaki the Water-type even though it's found in aquatic environments like marshes, swamps, and puddles. It gets the Bug-type because of what's inside it's body, I get that, but it should have gotten the Water-type because of it's habitat. Same goes for tons of other Pokemon like Maggyo who is also found in an aquatic habitat in Black and White.

Dracoste

Dracode telepateeeh!
I guess that's a valid point haha. It just seems like a total stretch not to give Chobomaki the Water-type even though it's found in aquatic environments like marshes, swamps, and puddles. It gets the Bug-type because of what's inside it's body, I get that, but it should have gotten the Water-type because of it's habitat..

But the evo of chobomaki is a ninja, not a clamp, so that's why it didn't had the water type.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
becuase Pokemon seldom lose a type during Evolution (I personally think it's based on a mummy, since clams die when they loose their shells iirc)

Aerophoenix

The Great Speculator
I think with that trade evolution, it's like "switching" from one to the other, because the pre-evos seem to fit the other's evolution better (two armoured bugs, two darker bugs).

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
I think with that trade evolution, it's like "switching" from one to the other, because the pre-evos seem to fit the other's evolution better (two armoured bugs, two darker bugs).

Exactly, the idea is that during the trade they switch their respective shells, this is why their evolutions seem weird at first glance.

Royalty

If the Crown Fits...
Is anyone surprised that there are no new Eevee evolutions? I know that there was the big disclaimer that stated there would be no old Pokemon found until after the national dex and all...but I'm shocked there aren't any new Eeveelutions. It would have made perfect sense for an entirely different and disconnected area to have new forms, be it from a new stone or two, new level up rocks, or other random new methods. I just figured that you'd fight trainers that just had the evolved forms and you'd be gifted an Eevee like older generations.
I'm not bummed or anything because I did find them to be a nuisance since you'd have to breed and hatch new Eevee puppies to get all forms. But, it was a nice little personal side quest and there have been new ones with each generation. :/

R_N

Exactly, the idea is that during the trade they switch their respective shells, this is why their evolutions seem weird at first glance.

They don't switch shells. The blue beetle forcefully steals the shell from Chobomaki.
Chobomaki's evolution doesn't have a shell at all. Though now I'm curious as to how it would look with the proper armor.

Lorde

Chobomaki might be based on a nautilus

Based on this thing? I don't know if I'd believe that. There are definitely some similarities between Chobomaki and a nautilus, like the shell, but it's still not enough to make me think that Chobomaki is based entirely on one. It still raises the question of why Chobomaki isn't a Water-type if it is indeed based on a marine creature like the nautilus :x

Status
Not open for further replies.