• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

As commonly as that strategy is brought up, people are unaware that the Attackdex description of Wide Guard is incorrect, as it only protects against moves that strike multiple Pokemon.

Sabonea_Masukippa

As commonly as that strategy is brought up, people are unaware that the Attackdex description of Wide Guard is incorrect, as it only protects against moves that strike multiple Pokemon.

The Attack-dex is not incorrect as it uses a translation of the in game description of the move, and the description lacks that distinction.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
What?! Say it isn't so! Darn I was hoping to get to use that move a lot :(

Off-topic: read my sig!

On-topic: I'm warming up to most of the Pokemon so far (except Zuruggu and its evolution. *shudders*). I'm definitely loving the starters and the monkeys. The monkeys are a great way for newcomers of the series to get started and to have an advantage in the first gym.

Cobalt_Latios

Heh. I think you just planted this idea in people's heads...
It's called Inception...

I used to like Yorterri. Then a couple things happened:
I saw its evolutions.
Not a big deal.

And then it turned out that a bunch of people have them.
Joy.
At least nobody's clamouring that they're Yooteri is in the highest percentage of Yooteri...

edit:

On-topic: I'm warming up to most of the Pokemon so far (except Zuruggu and its evolution. *shudders*). I'm definitely loving the starters and the monkeys. The monkeys are a great way for newcomers of the series to get started and to have an advantage in the first gym.
Actually, I like Zuruggu and Zuruzukin. Considering it's the first Dark/Fighting type, it's a desert gecko (or some other lizard I've forgotten about... have to check), and it has decent stats, I'll most certainly be using it at some point. The typing also makes it immune to Psychic, it can actually take out ghost, and it can hit dark. It's basically a supernatural killer (Psychic, Ghost, Dark). Add Steel, Rock, and Ice to it's repertoire, and it's a surprisingly versatile poke. It's probably even good enough to use against the E4.

C_L

Last edited:

Rakurai

Zuruzukin seems to be a rather hot topic of discussion on the Smogon forum.

Can't say I'm surprised, considering how good its defensive stats and movepool are. I'd train one, but I kind of want to wait for the Dream World one, since Intimidate seems like it'll make it even better of a tank then it already is (Considering that its two weaknesses are generally going to be coming from strong physical attackers).

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Zuruzukin seems to be a rather hot topic of discussion on the Smogon forum.

Can't say I'm surprised, considering how good its defensive stats and movepool are. I'd train one, but I kind of want to wait for the Dream World one, since Intimidate seems like even better of a tank then it already is.
It may not be fast, but it's defensive skills more than make up for that little setback.

I also checked Zuruzukin in the SPPPokedex... it can learn Head Smash (Rock), Hi Jump Kick, can learn all the Elemental Punches via Egg Moves, as well as Dragon Dance, and Dragon Tail...

Well, I think I know who I'm going to be using in my game.

C_L

lol late post

It just "bugs" me that the first thing you thought was for a way of having Aianto instantly KO a Pokemon who's typing clearly is meant to take it down.

It's simply just how quickly it occurred to you.

This is to show how easy it is to the ant to defeat its natural predator before Kuitaran can even leave a dent on it.

I mean, Aianto has a slightly better movepool+ability than Kuitaran. A friggin' Bug/Steel ant has a better movepool than a Fire anteater. It's just... just... Ack.

Shandara is actually a pretty damn decent Fire type.

I'd dare saying Shanderaa is the best Fire-type they have come up in B/W. It tops even Reshiram and Hihidaruma, imo.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

I'd dare saying Shanderaa is the best Fire-type they have come up in B/W. It tops even Reshiram and Hihidaruma, imo.
It says something when a friggin' chandelier is better than a Wyvern and a fire-ape daruma.

Of course, it's a "possessed" chandelier. That fits quite nicely in a haunted house.

Being a ghost type is really something else too.

C_L

CyndaquilRules

How can you hate Zuggy!?

He's just.. so cool..
zuggy.gif

Did these ones to,

flyinsquirrelz.gif
shroom.gif

Joe.

Those are so fast.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
whoah! those are fast! (are you sure their set to 5? my sig is and they don't go THAT fast)

anyways, I think you all would enjoy this treat for now.
trapinchsheet.png

vibravasheet.png

flygonsheet.png

moguryuusheet-1.png

doryuuzusheet-1.png

deathkansheet-1.png

feraligatorsheet-1.png

garchompsheet-1.png

gearsheet-1.png

gigiasusheet.png

golducksheet-1.png

iwaparesusheet-1.png

kumashunsheet-1.png

rankurususheet-1.png

I figured out how to game rip, it's time consuming, but fun.

Regi24

can someone tell me how i get the skins for the pokedex, c gear etc in my game? i got them on the global link but i dont know how to get them, i spoke to the professor who gave me the c gear but nothing happened.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Your student body can challenge Auburn's to a Kuitaran vs. Wargle battle royale.

I'm not actually a student there, but a frequent visitor.

I'm actually a graduate of the University of California Santa Cruz. Its mascot is the banana slug. Slugma's the closest Pokémon has had to this really weird creature.

They're aren't getting lazy. These three are (imo) basically three Pokémon for the same basic thing, which would be storms/natural disasters. One is for thunderstorms, one for tornadoes, and one for earthquakes. Very similar disastrous things should be resembled similarly.

Which, like the other person said, Azelf and his trio are also similar, and I think that's because they're all representing similar things, one emotion, one memory, and one self-control.

I think it's brilliant tbh.

They're based on Japanese folklore. More specifically, Tornaeros is based off of Fuujin, and Boltros is based off of Raijin. If I remember correctly, they were a pair of siblings who couldn't get along and always argued with each other over the tiniest things. They also both rode around in clouds, just like these guys.

Landros, I'm not sure. Bulbapedia says he's based on the Inari, though that's a separate myth, I believe.

I think Yorterri is cute, but its hideous evolutions are very annoying. They can pack quite a bite too.

And don't get me started on Miruhoggu. That thing is so broken it's not even funny. Now I can understand why Aloe had one...

Well, I like Harderia. Of course, I like Scottish terriers. Though I can understand if they've quickly become the Bibarel of this generation.

Anyone missing Bidoof?

Demonblast

To the contrary as no one bothered to train Bibarel. Many people train Yooterri till it's Muurando.

The only odd thing is how can such a big dog surf with such an awkward moustache.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Have you ever seen those bulldogs and pugs on surfboards? They love it!

And...that's true, Bibarel was rarely on people's teams. Bidoof or Bibarel was still in nearly every patch of grass though, so if you wanted to walk around in grass to look for Pokémon, chances are you'd run into Bibarel first.

Demonblast

Yep, but Haderia/Yooterri aren't in every single route, nor is Muranndo. This is why I like the 5th Generation as (mostly) every route has differentiated Pokemon and there are no re-occurring Pokemon that stalk you.

scythemantis

Creepy crawly
I absolutely, positively adore the "trash bag" pokemon. Garbage/sludge/pollution monsters have been one of my favorite monster categories since childhood, but Dasutodasu is so much more monstrous and freaky than Muk and even Weezing, it's going to be on every one of my teams for sure...I don't care if anything outclasses it. Anybody have its animation up yet, or even a youtube vid where I can see it in battle?

I always wanted a Lamprey poke, too, and Shibirudon is cooler than I'd have even expected one!

Cobalt_Latios

whoah! those are fast! (are you sure their set to 5? my sig is and they don't go THAT fast)

anyways, I think you all would enjoy this treat for now.
trapinchsheet.png

vibravasheet.png

flygonsheet.png

moguryuusheet-1.png

doryuuzusheet-1.png

deathkansheet-1.png

feraligatorsheet-1.png

garchompsheet-1.png

gearsheet-1.png

gigiasusheet.png

golducksheet-1.png

iwaparesusheet-1.png

kumashunsheet-1.png

rankurususheet-1.png

I figured out how to game rip, it's time consuming, but fun.
zip those as separate images and then pm it to me. I would be honored to give credit for such hard work. All the pieces are available on spriters resource, but unless you know exactly how to assemble them...

Ophie;11681266Anyone missing Bidoof?[/QUOTE said:
Yes and no. Yes, because it's evolution is by far the best HM slave we've ever had (can pretty much learn all HMs except for Fly). No, because he's pretty damn pathetic...

To the contrary as no one bothered to train Bibarel.
I did, but only as far to let it evolve, and to be suitable use for capturing low level pokes. It's an awesome HM slave, so why not.

And...that's true, Bibarel was rarely on people's teams. Bidoof or Bibarel was still in nearly every patch of grass though, so if you wanted to walk around in grass to look for Pokémon, chances are you'd run into Bibarel first.
On that note, Bibarel is very useful for getting Attack EVs.

I absolutely, positively adore the "trash bag" pokemon. Garbage/sludge/pollution monsters have been one of my favorite monster categories since childhood, but Dasutodasu is so much more monstrous and freaky than Muk and even Weezing, it's going to be on every one of my teams for sure...I don't care if anything outclasses it. Anybody have its animation up yet, or even a youtube vid where I can see it in battle?
Wow, there really is a Pokemon for everyone this gen.

I always wanted a Lamprey poke, too, and Shibirudon is cooler than I'd have even expected one!
Yes, he is awesome. I too wanted a Lamprey poke, I just wasn't sure how they'd go about doing so.

C_L

Status
Not open for further replies.