• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I think the ice cream pokemon is just plain stupid

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
i like the ice cream pokemon its quite funny but one thing ice cream? whats next french fries

Technically, the ice cream cone Pokemon AKA Banipucchi, Baniricchi, and Baibanira (try saying that 5 times fast) are icicles and not actually ice cream. Someone posted about them just being "living" icicles covered in snow. I'm guessing the bottom cone is the icicle part and the top part is the snow.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Vanipucchi and its whole evolutionary line have slowly begun growing on me... I'm fine with them being 'ice cream' Pokemon, and that inspiration just reflects the kind of advanced society Isshu is (Dustdasu makes me think of this, too). I may or may not use Baivanilla at some point... I really like its animation. XD

Atreyu

i like the ice cream pokemon its quite funny but one thing ice cream? whats next french fries

What about a burger Pokemon?

I would like to see a Jack-Russell Terrier immortalized as a Pokemon.

BCVM22

Gender differences are not found in "every" Pokémon, not by a long shot. Of the entire 649-large Pokédex, less than 100 have visible gender differences.

Of the new Pokémon, the list is Kenhorou, Pururiru and Burungeru.

Varnani

Infernus Rex
I would like to see a Jack-Russell Terrier immortalized as a Pokemon.
I'd love to see a Schnauzer or an Siberian Husky, or even an Irish Wolfhound *w*

razz

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I didn't know where to put this but has anyone realized that if there are no pokemon from the previous gens in Isshu, it will be the first generation without a available Pikachu.

Lorde

I didn't know where to put this but has anyone realized that if there are no pokemon from the previous gens in Isshu, it will be the first generation without a available Pikachu.

Everyone seems to have noticed the lack of Pikachu and other Pokemon. I actually like that Black and White include only new Pokemon since it feels like we really are starting our adventure fresh and not encountering old favorites. It's a refreshing change of pace and thanks to this, I've managed to appreciate certain new Pokemon I once hated like Gear and Rankurusu. Besides, Pikachu is stale. At least the new Pikachu (Emonga) can fly without needing an event move :p

ryodragonite

Aura Fist
Everyone seems to have noticed the lack of Pikachu and other Pokemon. I actually like that Black and White include only new Pokemon since it feels like we really are starting our adventure fresh and not encountering old favorites. It's a refreshing change of pace and thanks to this, I've managed to appreciate certain new Pokemon I once hated like Gear and Rankurusu. Besides, Pikachu is stale. At least the new Pikachu (Emonga) can fly without needing an event move :p

I know! Gear was like ew what lazy person drew that. But when I saw it move I was like where the heck is this thing. This region would have been ruined if pikachus were running around on every route. Plus you can get one in the dream world next week.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One

I agree, I think starting over is a good idea and the more that I look at the designs for this gen, the more I like them.

KickAsh

halted development
Yep. People have sort of picked up on that, dude.
But you can catch most of the previous gen's Pokemon post Elite Four. So old favorites like Dragonite and Milotic can be caught.

Demonblast

Just a note, Emonga can't learn Fly. Lol. Actually, the only flying move that Emonga can learn via level up is Acrobat.

Lorde

Just a note, Emonga can't learn Fly. Lol. Actually, the only flying move that Emonga can learn via level up is Acrobat.

Really? It can't learn Fly, yet it has the skin flaps that enable it to glide around. I would have thought that gliding from place to place would be as effective as flying from place to place. Here I thought Game Freak had given us the first interesting regional electric rodent since Pichu and they go ahead and leave it with a crappy movepool and the inability to learn Fly. Well so much for Emonga revolutionizing the electric rodent world. *Tosses Emonga out the window*

R_N

Really? It can't learn Fly, yet it has the skin flaps that enable it to glide around. I would have thought that gliding from place to place would be as effective as flying from place to place. Here I thought Game Freak had given us the first interesting regional electric rodent since Pichu and they go ahead and leave it with a crappy movepool and the inability to learn Fly. Well so much for Emonga revolutionizing the electric rodent world. *Tosses Emonga out the window*

I don't see why you thought Emonga would get fly. Gligar & Gliscour didn't.

And Emonga is pretty good. It has amazing speed (103), and very respectable attacking stats (75 in both). That's higher speed then any previous Electric rodent (including Raichu!), ties with Minun's special, only 10 lower then Plusle's special, and like 20 higher then Pikachu. And that's just on his own. Plusle & Minun need Plus & Minus and in a Double battle for max effectiveness, and Pikachu either needs to evolve or use a Light Ball.

AND it has a respectable movepool. Volt Change, Eleball, Acrobat, Discharge, Pursuit, Light Screen, Encore are all fine and dandy. Egg moves wise it can get Roost & Air Slash. With TMs it can get Taunt & Thunderwave for even more support, not to mention U-Turn. Maybe Wild Bolt if you want to go Physical, though there's also Thunderbolt if you so choose.

Demonblast

Personally, I find Denchura or Shibirudon a lot more pleasing than Emonga. No matter how versatile it may be, it's too much of a glass cannon. Denchura has a nifty ability and an amazing move set while Shibirudon has no weakness.

I also believe that when you're comparing with Pikachu, you really should compare with a light ball Pikachu because I don't know what else it'd be holding. Lol.

jaxonferz

I don't see why you thought Emonga would get fly. Gligar & Gliscour didn't.

And Emonga is pretty good. It has amazing speed (103), and very respectable attacking stats (75 in both). That's higher speed then any previous Electric rodent (including Raichu!), ties with Minun's special, only 10 lower then Plusle's special, and like 20 higher then Pikachu. And that's just on his own. Plusle & Minun need Plus & Minus and in a Double battle for max effectiveness, and Pikachu either needs to evolve or use a Light Ball.

AND it has a respectable movepool. Volt Change, Eleball, Acrobat, Discharge, Pursuit, Light Screen, Encore are all fine and dandy. Egg moves wise it can get Roost & Air Slash. With TMs it can get Taunt & Thunderwave for even more support, not to mention U-Turn. Maybe Wild Bolt if you want to go Physical, though there's also Thunderbolt if you so choose.

but it can't fly...

Lorde

Personally, I find Denchura or Shibirudon a lot more pleasing than Emonga. No matter how versatile it may be, it's too much of a glass cannon. Denchura has a nifty ability and an amazing move set while Shibirudon has no weakness.

Yeah Denchura and Shibirudon are pretty cool in battle, but they don't have that "cuteness" factor I'm searching for. Emonga did and just when I was planning to put it to good use, I learn that it cannot learn Fly which was a set back. I had wanted a flying electric rodent for a while since I never did get a Flying Pikachu via PokeWalker. I suppose Emonga's stats aren't entirely bad but the "lack of Fly" thing put me off. At least Shibirudon dances in the games, that's something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.