• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

I always see Borutorosu, Torunerosu, and Randorosu being referred to as genies, but their design seems to be mostly based on this guy.

I always see Borutorosu, Torunerosu, and Randorosu being referred to as genies, but their design seems to be mostly based on this guy.
Borutorosu is ideed based on Raijin, but Torunerosu is based on Fujin. Somebody mentioned a earth God in Japan that maybe Randorosu is based on. But I don't see the problem with genies as God's is strange and weather is already taken.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
They're based on gods, and you can call them gods if you want, but there really are no gods in Pokemon... there's just Pokemon. They represent Thunder (which I though Raikou already had covered), Land (I thought that was Groudon), and Air (I thought that was Rayquaza).

They're based on gods, and you can call them gods if you want, but there really are no gods in Pokemon... there's just Pokemon. They represent Thunder (which I though Raikou already had covered), Land (I thought that was Groudon), and Air (I thought that was Rayquaza).
All legendaries doesn't represent anything. Raikou repesent the lightningblot that stuck Brass Tower, but is no "god" of thunder and neither does it represents it.
Groudon indeed controls the ground and represent the ground, but who said that Landros did so,the only thing it does(as far as I know)is to make good harvests. Rayquasa does not represent air, if it have to reprsent anything, it would be the ozone layer, and it only controls Groudon and Kyogre. And Torunerosu seems to represent wind or clouds and not air itself. But as I sad not every Legendary have to represent anything.

PFrog

16-game League Champ

I hate the way all of them, they need to be re-styled before they come to the American Version. They are ugly and don't even look like Pokemon.

1ee7leader

I hate the way all of them, they need to be re-styled before they come to the American Version. They are ugly and don't even look like Pokemon.

Really?

Tell me, what is a Pokemon SUPPOSED to look like?

Hmm?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I know, they're based on a Japanese legend more than some other kind of legend, but it is so much easier for people in the U.S. to just say "Genie" rather than "Raijin". I still haven't memorized their names though; seeing as how they all look the same to me and I cannot tell Randorosu from Borutorosu and so forth. Anyone know a way to memorize the names?

7 tyranitars

I know, they're based on a Japanese legend more than some other kind of legend, but it is so much easier for people in the U.S. to just say "Genie" rather than "Raijin". I still haven't memorized their names though; seeing as how they all look the same to me and I cannot tell Randorosu from Borutorosu and so forth. Anyone know a way to memorize the names?

just don't memorise them and wait till the english names come out that's how I'm gonna do it this time ^^

The best I can think of is Randorosu(Rand/Land looks quite alike and land also refers to it's grouind type) and Torunerosu( the Thor part of it's name may refer to tornado that also fits it pure flying type). No idea about Borutorosu though.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
Why do some people say new Pokémon designs are ugly?

C'mon, they're supposed to be ugly and look intimidating. Can you make trash bag Pokémon beautiful? How about Muk? Can it turn into bishouen? Gyarados?

Same to real life. Look at baby crocodile. It's cute but it grows into ugly, intimidating reptile.

Of course, some Pokémon become awesome and cool. Same to real life, German Shepherd puppy becomes awesome looking dog.

Pokémon should be beautiful, cool, intimidating and ugly.

Why do some people say new Pokémon designs are ugly?

C'mon, they're supposed to be ugly and look intimidating. Can you make trash bag Pokémon beautiful? How about Muk? Can it turn into bishouen? Gyarados?

Same to real life. Look at baby crocodile. It's cute but it grows into ugly, intimidating reptile.

Of course, some Pokémon become awesome and cool. Same to real life, German Shepherd puppy becomes awesome looking dog.

Pokémon should be beautiful, cool, intimidating and ugly.
Ever heard of the nostalgia goggles? Alot of people here wear them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The best I can think of is Randorosu(Rand/Land looks quite alike and land also refers to it's grouind type) and Torunerosu( the Thor part of it's name may refer to tornado that also fits it pure flying type). No idea about Borutorosu though.

Oh ok I guess that fits a bit haha. I hadn't noticed that before so it's new to me. So then if Randorosu is the Land Raijin Pokemon (Ground and Flying-type), Torunerosu is the Tornado Raijin Pokemon (Flying-type), then maybe Borutorosu is the Bolt/Volt Raijin Pokemon (Electric and Flying-type)? Since "Boruto" sounds like Volt/Bolt to me.

Slowemperor

Villain in training
Oh ok I guess that fits a bit haha. I hadn't noticed that before so it's new to me. So then if Randorosu is the Land Raijin Pokemon (Ground and Flying-type), Torunerosu is the Tornado Raijin Pokemon (Flying-type), then maybe Borutorosu is the Bolt/Volt Raijin Pokemon (Electric and Flying-type)? Since "Boruto" sounds like Volt/Bolt to me.

Pokebeach translated their names to Landros, Torneros and Voltros. I kept those, look more western.

Yeah, however I see it somewhat wrong to call all of them a Raijin(as Rai means Lightning and Raijin is the thunder God) and Borutorosu is clearly based on Fujin(the wind god), However Randorosu doesn't fit in the duo.

Royalty

If the Crown Fits...
I originally was against their design too. I didn't like how it just looked like a re-color of the same sprite. After looking at them more, there are the subtle differences. It's just that they are too subtle for me to really appreciate them. But when I look at the images of what they are based off of, I like and appreciate them even more. When I can finally see them and play them in game, I'm sure that I'll have totally forgotten all about the qualms I have/had about them.

Actually looking at them and just accepting them as they are, I like the Electric one the most because of the coloring, the subtle differences, and the type combo. Yet another reason why I want Pokemon White.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
I'm personally not fond of the Storm Trio (or whatever the accurate term would be). They're alright, but they seem too similar (I know there are small differences and they are different in motion, but for the most part they look like simple recolors). Pure Flying type is pretty neat, though.

For the most part I love Gen V. I like 90% of the pokemon introduced into it, and my new favorite (Gochiruzeru) has been given to us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.