• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric

Where is the info that confirms that all the English names that have been floating around are true? Pokemon.com doesn't have all of them updated yet and it's not on their Pokedex either.

Glad they have Pansage cause I like it the best.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Where is the info that confirms that all the English names that have been floating around are true? Pokemon.com doesn't have all of them updated yet and it's not on their Pokedex either.

Glad they have Pansage cause I like it the best.

The list came out on Pokejungle a day or two before IGN.com revealed some of the names. After those names and all others matched the list Joe eventually confirmed them as legit. Nintendo won't post the names till the games are out. We aren't supposed to even know what the new pokemon look like never mind their names. Although I'm sure they know that we know all about them by now.

-;248;

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I think its great that serebii.net posts any new info about the 5th generation series and games.....

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I like it when Pokémon are small. It makes them look even tougher, if you ask me, because it's a tiny little thing that can stand up to and defeat stuff much larger than itself. It's like Muggsy Bogues--you've got to admire how he was the best defensive player in the NBA for some time, yet he's 5' 1" (1.55 meters). There have been even smaller Pokémon who are fully evolved or were once fully-evolved though.

Equal in height to Excadrill (2' 04", 0.7m):
Dugtrio
Misdreavus
Raticate
Stunfisk
Swellow
Whimsicott

2' 0", 0.6m:
Amoongus
Celebi
Chimecho
Corsola
Illumise
Klinklang
Luvdisc
Mawile
Meloetta
Porygon2
Shuckle
Togetic

1' 08", 0.5m:
Chatot
Cherrim
Cinccino
Murkrow
Qwilfish
Sableye
Torkoal
Unown
Wormadam

1' 04", 0.4m:
Bellossom
Emolga
Mew
Minun
Pachirisu
Phione
Plusle
Shaymin (Sky)
Victini

1' 00", 0.3m:
Azelf
Castform
Ditto
Durant
Jirachi
Manaphy
Mesprit
Roselia
Rotom
Uxie

0' 8", 0.2m:
Shaymin (Ground)

I'll bet most of you thought Durant was bigger than that.

Last edited:

Sheep Overlord

Honestly, a lot of those numbers are surprising to me. Official pokedex data or not, I'm still going to think of Roselia as considerably larger than one foot tall. Bellosom and Raticate, too (I considered them to be three feet tall, at least).

flygonabsol99

I am very unimpressed with some of the english names . I mean Timburr and watchdog and fraxure are a few. At least there spelled wrong , but kind of uncreative.

aggronFTW

I am very unimpressed with some of the english names . I mean Timburr and watchdog and fraxure are a few. At least there spelled wrong , but kind of uncreative.

Timburrs kind of cool, and it's watchog, as in watch and hog, not watch and dog, fracture is my favourite name, and it kinda fits the lines name theme:

Axew (axe and skewer, as in a type of cutting)
Fraxure (Fracture, as in cutting a bone, so a slightly stronger cut, and axe)
Haxorus (Hack, a stronger kind of cut, axe and Saurus)

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I like it when Pokémon are small. It makes them look even tougher, if you ask me, because it's a tiny little thing that can stand up to and defeat stuff much larger than itself. It's like Muggsy Bogues--you've got to admire how he was the best defensive player in the NBA for some time, yet he's 5' 1" (1.55 meters). There have been even smaller Pokémon who are fully evolved or were once fully-evolved though.

Equal in height to Excadrill (2' 04", 0.7m):
Dugtrio
Misdreavus
Raticate
Stunfisk
Swellow
Whimsicott

2' 0", 0.6m:
Amoongus
Celebi
Chimecho
Corsola
Illumise
Klinklang
Luvdisc
Mawile
Meloetta
Porygon2
Shuckle
Togetic

1' 08", 0.5m:
Chatot
Cherrim
Cinccino
Murkrow
Qwilfish
Sableye
Torkoal
Unown
Wormadam

1' 04", 0.4m:
Bellossom
Emolga
Mew
Minun
Pachirisu
Phione
Plusle
Shaymin (Sky)
Victini

1' 00", 0.3m:
Azelf
Castform
Ditto
Durant
Jirachi
Manaphy
Mesprit
Roselia
Rotom
Uxie

0' 8", 0.2m:
Shaymin (Ground)

I'll bet most of you thought Durant was bigger than that.

Joltik - 0.1m. Tough, cute and awesome.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Yeah, it's Watchog not Watchdog. And I don't much care for the name, but that stems from the fact that I dislike the Pokemon. I've never liked Watchog since it's given me a hard time in the games. I remember fighting Aloe's Watchog and it took me a long time to finally defeat it. I also remember fighting wild Watchog and they were a pain in the butt since they would confuse my Pokemon, put them to sleep, and then cut their HP in half with that fang move. They aren't the worst Pokemon in the world, but I'm not a fan.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Yeah, Patrat and Watchog are not favourites of mine.

But wow, some of these heights are really surprising... I love Joltik though, it's adorable how small it is.

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole
I actually plan on getting a Watchog in my future game. I don't know why but something about Watchog makes me love it. Unlike all the previous generations common rodent Pokemon Watchog actually is the first one I liked from the get-go. I think it has something to do with its eyes, they just look so cool to me. How sad some hate him, but hey to each their own and all that.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Agreed - small pokemon are awesome, and all the more so because they usually pack more of a wallop than the huge pokemon.

I remember how back in first Gen, my new Eevee pwned the Rocket Game Corner.

*strokes Eevee like a Bond villain* Mawahaha. No-one ever suspects the cute little furry guy with bunny ears. Little do they know that he shall be their doom >:D

Winzeyy

Rather than getting this DSi
Pokemon-Black-and-White-DSi.jpg

Could htere be a way to get that look on a regular Black DSi? Because i dont want to spend that much on a DSi that jsut has a cooler look on it.

Roxas013

Pirate King
The only beginning rodent realy lik is furret. i lik the design. ratticate has pretty strong moves 4 a early on pokemon. i hate the 4th gen normal/water rodent(culdnt remember how 2 spell its name). its design is just dumb. watchhog design is kinda ok. i dnt knowi ts moveset. nd i kinda dnt want 2 know yet. mayb itll grow on me lik oshawatts evolutionary line nd pignite. ive lovd snivys evolutionary line from da start. i still hate emboars design though. thats the only reason im not pickn the fire startr wen i get da game. nd can samurott stand on its hnd legs?

R_N

I actually plan on getting a Watchog in my future game. I don't know why but something about Watchog makes me love it. Unlike all the previous generations common rodent Pokemon Watchog actually is the first one I liked from the get-go. I think it has something to do with its eyes, they just look so cool to me. How sad some hate him, but hey to each their own and all that.

hi5 Watchog buddy. I like that they beefed up his early-game moveset. Crunch by level 16! Hypnosis at 18! Confuse Ray upon evolution!
He's got such a cool design, and I think the fact that a gym leader is using a regional rodent as their signature Pokemon is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.