• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLoveDratinis

Dragons galore!
and thats why liligant is in white. yay.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
and thats why liligant is in white. yay.

Although it doesn't explain why Drayden's the gym leader in Black and Iris is the gym leader in white, as well as the Black City and the White Forest. Wouldn't they all be vice-versa?

Aegon

I don't know how easy it is to obtain a Lucky Egg in Black and White, but in Diamond and Pearl, I would sometimes get a Chansey chain using the PokéRadar, with a knocked-out Pokémon with CompoundEyes in front, and a Banette with Frisk and Trick in the second spot. About 10% of Chanseys have Lucky Eggs done this way. I got 4 Lucky Eggs in one day through this.

That's what I did to get Lucky Eggs. It was the easiest thing to do. (Although I used a Stantler with Frisk and caught the Chanseys instead.)

Despite the fact that they evolve, could the Braviary & Mandibuzz lines be similar to the Tauros and Miltank lines since they're 100% of a certain gender, they're considered counterparts, & they can't lay eggs of each other?

Yes, they are similar to Tauros and Miltank. They're Generation V's Tauros/Miltank.

Aegon

No, they're rather just male and female Pokemon counterpart thingy's.

Bouffalant is this gen's Tauros.

Then where's this Gen's Miltank? ;)

We will have a Miltank copy in Gen VI, because Miltank was introduced in Gen II, not Gen I - one Generation later than Tauros.

garbodor_animated_sprite_by_devinwarriors-d38kw2l.gif

Looks like Garbodor is going to be in UU thanks to its lacklustre stats. Although its Defenses and Attack arent bad but I think it will be limited to being a spikes and toxic spikes user since it can take a few hits before being switched

Garbodor is going to be bottom NU. UU will have monsters like Lucario, Metagross, Swampert and - who knows - Salamence, don't even bother hoping Garbodor will be usable in a metagame like that. And Roserade is still better than it.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
its going to take me a while to find which pokemon are good for different battling situations. it will be helpful when the fansites update their competitive dexes.

also the new tm dynamic is going to have a huge effect for in-game teams. you can swap moves to vary your situation. Like for my samurott, I will probably have surf, revenge, and megahorn as base moves and rotate the last spot for the situation. at the last gym I can use dragontail, when facing a legendary I can learn false swipe so I don't faint it, or swords dance for competition

Aurath8

its going to take me a while to find which pokemon are good for different battling situations. it will be helpful when the fansites update their competitive dexes.

also the new tm dynamic is going to have a huge effect for in-game teams. you can swap moves to vary your situation. Like for my samurott, I will probably have surf, revenge, and megahorn as base moves and rotate the last spot for the situation. at the last gym I can use dragontail, when facing a legendary I can learn false swipe so I don't faint it, or swords dance for competition

You win the TM for Dragon Tail at the last gym. you can trade to a different game, learn the TM there and trade back though.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Then where's this Gen's Miltank? ;)

We will have a Miltank copy in Gen VI, because Miltank was introduced in Gen II, not Gen I - one Generation later than Tauros.

Because absolutely every Pokemon needs a counterpart in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.