• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManhattanTheStarr

Yeah it is pretty cute :3
Perhaps it's for the best its microscopic. For all we know it may be an important part of the ecosystem of the world. Just imagine if it were taken out. MADNESS!

o_O soooo pretty.... it really does look like him doesn't it.... can't take my eyes off it 'o'

Butbutbut, it could be just as important in the ecosystem if it was larger. :3
(Cuz we could poke 'em >.>)

jiggleh >o<
I wish I could touch a jellyfish to see how jiggly it'd be... too bad that it'd probably sting and kill me. ._. And that does look like Reuniclus in a way. :3

R_N

Eh, Reuniclus doesn't look that much like a waterbear, imo. =/
But they're adorable~ <3

You don't see how the Pokemon that's floating in extremely strong/resilient coating who vaguely looks like a bear isn't a more literal interpretation of a water bear?

Even ignoring appearance, in concept they're the same/similar.

Hypsibiusdujardini.jpg

These ones even have similar hand formations

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole
Butbutbut, it could be just as important in the ecosystem if it was larger. :3
(Cuz we could poke 'em >.>)

jiggleh >o<
I wish I could touch a jellyfish to see how jiggly it'd be... too bad that it'd probably sting and kill me. ._. And that does look like Reuniclus in a way. :3

Hmmmm, your point on the pokeness of the water bear sounds pretty sound :) Reuniclus is very cute, I can understand why people have been refering to him as a jelly baby. My brother wants to get one from the Pokemon White I'm getting. Should I share it's cuteness?

Also why is it so many pretty things in the world can kill us if we so much as tap them. You know the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? Maybe mankind finds murderous creatures pretty. That explain why we think so many pretty things are deadly.

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole
I think they're kind of cute

...weren't you the one posting sea pigs the other night?

I believe I was part of that cuteness parade too :). I agree about the water bear being really cute. It looks like a fat Reuniclus with multiple arms.

Xman96

Fighting Leader
I believe I was part of that cuteness parade too :). I agree about the water bear being really cute. It looks like a fat Reuniclus with multiple arms.

I remeber that last night. I had nightmares thanks to you guys. :p

Cobalt_Latios

A jellyfish maybe?
jellyfish_400.jpg
My god... I never would have considered that. I honestly thought they were cells.

*does a quick google search*

Actually, they very well could still be.

Everyone has a different perception on "cuteness".

/CL

R_N

I highly doubt the line of Pokemon based on being ultra resilient (and smart) is based on the probably the least resilient species (and brainless) of animal the Earth has ever seen.

R_N

Pretty spot on, yeah.
Hm, well maybe not the lower body fins (and arms, of course, but even those kind of look like the lamprey mouth)

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole

So sorry, I beg forgiveness for causing you nightmares. The cute underwater demons would like to apologize as well -bows-

(Unrelated to current topic) When I first looked at Mandibuzz I was quite repulsed and hated it. It looked disturbing and the bone thing also put me off... wait this from me? Well I didn't like it because I felt sorry for the pokemon that it took those bones from. After a few weeks of ignoring I recently started liking it a bit more then I used to, but I still don't like it all that much. Don't get my started on that pre-evo of Mandibuzz... THE SKULL! Who would want a baby bird wearing their skull as a freaking diaper! Who designed that?!

hever

022611229PM
Pretty spot on, yeah.
Hm, well maybe not the lower body fins (and arms, of course, but even those kind of look like the lamprey mouth)

Yeah I was surprise that the circle things on the side of the head is even on the Pokemon's design.

Sorry for the images. They were interesting, so I wanted to share them.

Weaver_8

Down the rabbit hole

ManhattanTheStarr

You don't see how the Pokemon that's floating in extremely strong/resilient coating who vaguely looks like a bear isn't a more literal interpretation of a water bear?

Even ignoring appearance, in concept they're the same/similar.

Hypsibiusdujardini.jpg

These ones even have similar hand formations

Even though the water bear looked cute in the other pics I saw, that one looks so creepy. XD

Hmmmm, your point on the pokeness of the water bear sounds pretty sound :) Reuniclus is very cute, I can understand why people have been refering to him as a jelly baby. My brother wants to get one from the Pokemon White I'm getting. Should I share it's cuteness?

Also why is it so many pretty things in the world can kill us if we so much as tap them. You know the phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? Maybe mankind finds murderous creatures pretty. That explain why we think so many pretty things are deadly.

Reuniclus is adorable, but it sucks that I'll be getting Black. I didn't care much for the Reuniclus line, but now I realize how cute they are. =/ And have you SEEN Reuniclus's Sp. Attack stat? It's not even fair how high it is when you compare it to its counterpart, Gothitelle's. 3:<

And you're right. So many cute/beautiful animals are deadly and/or poisonous, and could kill a human in minutes. Kinda like snakes, or that one poisonous monkey that I heard about:
536314523_6d4ca40111_o.jpg

Ha, I remember seeing those pics. Those things were just too cute. <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.