• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickAsh

halted development
I agree completely with that boa constrictor argument. It screams Aqua Tail or at least something. Stockpile'd be cool too. Although, if they made it a real snake they'd have to give it Surf and Dive too, and that's never gonna happen. One can always dream.
And if it's snake like, could it maybe get Dig? Snakes dart under rocks for cover all the time, and Dig is under the ground, but that's close enough.

redroses

Sooo, just saw the new episode pictures and was shocked to see that Swoobat actually has legs, which looks kinda weird to me. Wouldn't have thought that.

isshoni

Let us begin
And if it's snake like, could it maybe get Dig? Snakes dart under rocks for cover all the time, and Dig is under the ground, but that's close enough.

Actually, I was thinking about that and decided that it really didn't suit Serperior, who's clearly based on a rainforest or a marshland based constrictor snake. They tend to hang out in trees and in water a lot more than on the ground. So I see Dig and Earthquake more suited to the likes of Arbok and Seviper who are based on snakes living in more rough terrain.

That being said, I do remember watching a documentary about African tribesmen in a savannah hunting down large constrictor snakes from all kinds of underground tunnels made by a number of other species.

Still, I believe the reason for Serperior not getting Dig and EQ is the fact that it is based on those aforementioned tree-dwelling snakes. Even more so on the smaller species, so that it doesn't get Surf, Dive or even Aqua Tail, which would be obvious choices for a Pokémon clearly based on an anaconda or almost any other larger constrictor.

It's a real shame. Just imagine Contrary Serperior with Surf and Leaf Storm.

R_N

They're a lot longer than the pictures lets on (probably clings next to the body in flight?)

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Oh, I see now. There's actual limbs.

Interesting, wouldn't have thought of that either.

redroses

Yes, I ment the long legs, as you actually only see the feet in the sugimori art. I thin k I prefer them without the long legs though.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
6. Druddigon - A dragon? No, it's a dinosaur!

5. Haxorus - Cool axe fang dragon.. Nuff said.

Actually, Haxorus is the dinosaur-looking one here, not Druddigon.
Dunno, looks like I'm the only one that realised it's got no wings.

Actually, Haxorus is the dinosaur-looking one here, not Druddigon.
Dunno, looks like I'm the only one that realised it's got no wings.

No, I noticed the lack of wings as well but I figure a type that fits a dinosaur that isn't a fossil is a dragon type. I find druddigon to be more of a gargoyle though, as it can't fly.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Druddigon? I hate those things with a passion. Drayden's Druddigon in particular gave me a hard time at the Opelucid City Gym since its Rough Skin ability kept hurting my Pokemon. It's my own fault for using a Pokemon with attacks that made physical contact but I didn't have many other options. Oh, and Swoobat aren't much better. I totally regret using one on my team. That thing is just really unreliable at this point. It looked like a cute Pokemon at first but now it's just annoying.

PokemonOwn

Oh, and Swoobat aren't much better. I totally regret using one on my team. That thing is just really unreliable at this point. It looked like a cute Pokemon at first but now it's just annoying.

Why? What's so bad about Woobat/Swoobat? It has decent SP Attack, and awesome Speed.

I'm considering using a Sandile for my White version. Is this a good Pokemon to combat the 4th Gym?

Grey Wind

^ Well, I have Krookodile on my team, and it is good against her Zebstrika, but the Emolga's are quite difficult

Dracoste

Dracode telepateeeh!
Druddigon? I hate those things with a passion. Drayden's Druddigon in particular gave me a hard time at the Opelucid City Gym since its Rough Skin ability kept hurting my Pokemon. It's my own fault for using a Pokemon with attacks that made physical contact but I didn't have many other options.

Ugh I hated that too, it was so annoying. But I found a way to take revenge in a fun way, I let my Audino hold a Rocky Helmet and his Druddigon got taken out by the damage of the Rocky Helmet.

Did the same thing with Ghetsis' Bouffalant, it was less ironic, but because he only used Head Charge he got damage from the Recoil of Head Charge and the Rocky Helmet.

R_N

Why? What's so bad about Woobat/Swoobat? It has decent SP Attack, and awesome Speed.

I'm considering using a Sandile for my White version. Is this a good Pokemon to combat the 4th Gym?

There's better options, and I felt bad for boxing her, but she wasn't horrible. I don't see why one would hate it so much, though...

rocky505

There's better options, and I felt bad for boxing her, but she wasn't horrible. I don't see why one would hate it so much, though...
Sigilyph outclasses it. I tried using a woobat once but it was boring to me. I put it in the PC right when I arrived in the 2nd gym PC.

AncientMew

Training since 1998
This has probably been posted before, it's a pretty obvious joke, but did anybody notice the walking metaphor pokemon? Timburr is actually tossing a log when you fight it.

[EDIT] don't bash me if this is an old and tired joke, don't come here too often and I don't read the Black and White discussions.

R_N

Also I had no problem with any of Iris' Pokemon because I had a Vanillish and just Ice Beamed everything to death.

I have never had a problem with any dragon in the game thanks to her <3

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Swoobat insists upon itself. It also faints a lot for some reason. Most of my Pokemon are sturdy enough so that they don't faint but Swoobat is an exception. It just faints too easily and I'm thinking of replacing it with something else. I need a Pokemon that can learn Fly so I'll do some research. I'm also thinking of replacing Serperior later on once I defeat the Elite Four. It wasn't such a good choice now that I look back. I think I should've just gone with my gut and chosen Oshawott instead of Snivy.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
Timburr is actually tossing a log when you fight it.

I've never heard that phrase before (except in the literal sense), let alone in the context of Timburr. In fact, I'm pretty sure you just made that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.