• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KickAsh

halted development
I'd have to say Archeops or Gigalith. They're both pretty sick.
Yeah, Gigalith is my favorite aesthetically, but I do really like Archeops, too.

Who do you think is better: Accelgor or Escavelier?
Accelgor, for so many reasons. I like it's design more than Escavalier's. I prefer Accelgor's ability, Hydration, just because I think it's neat. I also like how Accelgor is ninja-based, but also a bug. That combination is really cool. Finally, I can't mention Accelgor without raving about it's awesome Speed. I think a really fast Pokemon is just cool, in general. And a base 145 Speed stat is only outsped by 4 Pokemon, and 3 of those Pokemon are Deoxys. So the ultra-fast ninja bug Pokemon is easily better than Escavalier, imo. In fact, Accelgor is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon.

I wonder what a Stunfisk would dream of... Probably just mud. And sometimes water, but mainly mud. Criticize Stunfisk all you want, but I really love it when in his sprite animation he seems to start laughing. It's quite cute for a little dab/general weirdness.
Well, since Stunfisk's ability is Sand Veil, it probably dreams of sandstorms.
And upon learning that Stunfisk gets Sand Veil, I have a sudden desire to use one on a sandstorm team.

Oh, whoops. I guess I missed that. New topic, what pokemon's shiny form do you think is the best this gen. I like Garbodor's because it's very... colorful.
My favorite is Golurk. That is neat shiny. I love it. I love the grey it takes on, and the lime green coloring it has. Mmmmhmmm.
Yeah I really love shiny Golett/Golurk.
I also like shiny Scolipede. Scolipedes look good in red.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Oh, whoops. I guess I missed that. New topic, what pokemon's shiny form do you think is the best this gen. I like Garbodor's because it's very... colorful.
I quite like the pink Virizion, Litwick and Chandelure and Golett is quite good as well.

Still the worse this Generation would be Krookodile

But the best of all time simply just has to be Garchomp's...yeah...
New Topic: Zebstrika or Electross? Zebstrika for me.
Two posts and then a new topic? Seriously?

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
New topic, what pokemon's shiny form do you think is the best this gen. I like Garbodor's because it's very... colorful.
I like druddigon it's so green!! I also like male jellicent because it's the greenest ghost shiny ( I like green shinys)
but aside from green shinys I like bisharps shiny form

out of zebstrika vs electross
It would have to be electross
because its a flying eel!
you can tell the creators just wanted another pokemon with no weakness. If game freak really wanted an eel pokemon it would be Water/electric pokemon that didn't have the ability levitate

Last edited:

KickAsh

halted development
I agree, let's slow down with the topic changing.
So, keeping with the discussion of best shiny, I also would like to say shiny Bisharp has a really nice shade of blue, and it looks good with some yellow coloring.

But if we must discuss something new so soon...
New Topic: Zebstrika or Electross? Zebstrika for me.
Eelektross, because of Levitate, which blesses it with no weaknesses, a perk shared with only two other Pokemon. And also because it doesn't suck, like Zebstrika.

rocky505

Was anyone else very disappointed in Serperior's movepool? I mean it sucks in game to me because it mainly learns grass moves and nothing else hardly. If dragon pulse was still a TM i would probably like it more though.

Geekachu

Was anyone else very disappointed in Serperior's movepool? I mean it sucks in game to me because it mainly learns grass moves and nothing else hardly. If dragon pulse was still a TM i would probably like it more though.

Not to mention that its main asset is its Speed, and then defensive stats. That's what mainly put me off choosing Snivy in the end. I chose Oshawott, and Samurott is a very nice rounded Pokemon

rocky505

Yeah it is a defensive pokemon but it has moves to up it's attacking stats (Coil,SD,Calm Mind). I mean even Meganium is better than it.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Exactly why I chose Tepig in White and Mijumaru in Black...

rocky505

At least it'll be much better when its Dream World ability is released.
Not really. there are pokemon out there that can handle it even with that ability. Like pokemon with haze or Simple or Pokemon 4x resist( Heatran,Ferrothorn<Charizard,Ho-oh etc) It will need more moves before it can tear things up with it's DW ability.

R_N

Yeah it is a defensive pokemon but it has moves to up it's attacking stats (Coil,SD,Calm Mind). I mean even Meganium is better than it.

What, no

It's defensive with offensive capabilities. It has plenty of bulk, & Calm Mind & Coil up those defensive abilities while upping the offensive abilities

KickAsh

halted development
Serperior gets Glare.
That's cool, right?

Grei

not the color
Serperior isn't too bad with a nice nature. I think a Jolly or Adamant nature is nice, although that's because I like Leaf Blade over Leaf Storm. With a Contrary Leaf Storm set, Modest (Sp.A+, Atk.-, right?) would be best.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Serpior should've gotten

Poison Tail
Aqua Tail
Dragon Pulse
Power Whip
Acid Bomb

and other snake-like moves I can't think of

And it should be able to get Dark Pulse from Seviper.

Status
Not open for further replies.