• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I wonder
Did anybody else think Alolomolola was the Evo of Luvdisc?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
They probably didn't want to make them too difficult to catch.

....really?

They don't have to put it on the moves they have when they are captured....they could have given them the move at level 1 similar to Rapidash and its Megahorn, or simply allow them to learn the move later on at higher level.

Also, if they really don't want them to be too difficult to catch, then why Moltres gets Air Slash?
Not to mention that capturing difficulty differs between people as it also relies on your luck, and whether you have spare Masterballs or not.

R_N

They probably didn't want to make them too difficult to catch.

Which is why they made them all have Roost in addition to being Runners in Platinum!

And why Zapdos got Discharge & Articuno Reflect & Moltres also got Safeguard!

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Articuno Already has Mind Reader and Sheer Cold

rocky505

Why did GF make Serperior so awful? I thought Meganium was bad but this is just crazy.

Kisekisan

Everyone did.
Everyone. Not even exaggerating: Everyone at least one point believed this and the vast majority still held onto it well through pre-release

We all did, and I still think there must be some kind of relationship between these two pokémon.

I also used to think Bouffalant was to be the evolved form of Tauros.

I think that most of the pokemon were supposed to be parallels. I thought Alomomola was related to Luvdisc until I learned that B/W didn't have any old pokemon in the Unova Dex. I mean for example, Tauros could be based off of the cows/bulls that are native to Japan and since Buffalo are native to the U.S. we get Bouffalant. It makes sense to me in that way.

Grei

not the color
Why did GF make Serperior so awful? I thought Meganium was bad but this is just crazy.

Serperior isn't that bad. o_O It's fast, defensive, and can seed. It's definitely not the best Starter, it just needs a better movepool. And Contrary.

rocky505

Yeah but contrary won't help it much it needs better special moves to really be dangerous.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I wonder
Did anybody else think Alolomolola was the Evo of Luvdisc?

I did so much, it made me annoyed when it was announced no old Pokemon would be returning.

I thought that too. If there is a reason that it is not Luvdisc's evo, what is it?

Alomomola has different stat spreads than Luvdisc. Luvdisc is more on Speed, Alomomola more on HP.

rocky505

If it had any other special moves it would be broken.
As it is it has to settle for "really powerful"

If it did get more special moves it would end up like blaziken in competitive. But it would also be more useful in game.

rocky505

In-game shallow movepools don't really matter, Serperior has what it needs to succeed.

No not really. Shallow movepool ruins it. It barely has moves for a physical set which is walled by steel types. It needs at 2 more spatk moves that are not grass,normal type before i'll consider using it.

R_N

No not really. Shallow movepool ruins it. It barely has moves for a physical set which is walled by steel types. It needs at 2 more spatk moves that are not grass,normal type before i'll consider using it.

Yes, really. I used Vanilluxe & Lilligant, both of whom have shallow movepools but they didn't need that much to work well. In fact, they were my star players compared to the powerful & full of moves Reuniclus and diverse enough Samurott.
My Lilligant's only attacking move was Giga Drain!

Status
Not open for further replies.