• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

I don't see why GF hated on some of the grass types and gave them shallow movepools. The obly useful grass types I've used are Leavanny,Simisage and Whimsicott.

R_N

I don't see why GF hated on some of the grass types and gave them shallow movepools. The obly useful grass types I've used are Leavanny,Simisage and Whimsicott.

Lilligant is a death machine.
Ferrothorn is one of the best walls and even gets nice things like Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Curse and such
Sawsbuck has a bizarrely usefully set of moves all things considered.

R_N

Oh, an Maracactus has a pretty okay movepool. I mean the TM pool is absolutely abysmal no matter how you look at it, but other than tha--It gets Bouce?
huh

rocky505

I forgot Sawsbuck and Ferrothorn. I bred a ferroseed with Seed bomb and leech seed and it was pretty good. Lilligant is just like serperior shallow movepool, gets walled by flyers and fire types. Maractus ugh it is worse than Serperior to me. And there's amoongus I haven't used it yet might try it when I start black over again.

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
I forgot Sawsbuck and Ferrothorn. I bred a ferroseed with Seed bomb and leech seed and it was pretty good. Lilligant is just like serperior shallow movepool, gets walled by flyers and fire types. Maractus ugh it is worse than Serperior to me. And there's amoongus I haven't used it yet might try it when I start black over again.

Just because a pokemon doesnt have a great movepool doesnt mean it sucks. Or vice versa. Just because a Delcatty has a large movepool doesnt mean that its automatically awesome.
Anyways, Lilligant gets one of the best set up moves, Quiver dance. Plus Own Tempo and Petal Dance, it can even sweep.

rocky505

You can't sweep an entire team with petal dance. What if a crobat comes in. WALLED. What if a charizard comes in. WALLED what if a venomoth comes in. WALLED. Most pokemon with awful movepools do suck. Grass types in 5th gen got nerfed. Lilligant should have gotten shadow ball IMO maybe even psychic. Serperior should have some attacking poison moves, it should have dragon pulse too. Maractus I can't say anything about since it is just like tangela. starts out odd but later becomes good. I can see Maractus gaining an awesome evo in the future.

BCVM22

You can't sweep an entire team with petal dance. What if a crobat comes in. WALLED. What if a charizard comes in. WALLED what if a venomoth comes in. WALLED.

So you're saying that a fair number of Pokémon will be on the run if put up against something they're weak against?

rocky505

So you're saying that a fair number of Pokémon will be on the run if put up against something they're weak against?
no I'm saying the thing won't sweep. That is the only thing Lilligant is known for is petal dance+ own tempo. I am sure someone will not be dumb enough to leave a pokemon not resistent to Petal Dance in against one. They will switch to something that resists it fire,Flying, steel(Unless Lilligant has HP fire) poison, bug(Same as steel).

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
no I'm saying the thing won't sweep. That is the only thing Lilligant is known for is petal dance+ own tempo. I am sure someone will not be dumb enough to leave a pokemon not resistent to Petal Dance in against one. They will switch to something that resists it fire,Flying, steel(Unless Lilligant has HP fire) poison, bug(Same as steel).

We are talking about in game. Competitive, Lilligant sucks.

rocky505

Lilligant sucks in game too. But not as bad as Maractus. Lilligant is weak against 4 gyms (6 if you count Chili and Elesa's Emolga's) That pretty much sucks.

R_N

Lilligant sucks in game too. But not as bad as Maractus. Lilligant is weak against 4 gyms (6 if you count Chili and Elesa's Emolga's) That pretty much sucks.

oh yes she sucks so much I used her more than Conkeldurr, Samurott, Reuniclus, Gigalith...
The vast majority of the time Giga Drain was all she needed (even without the QD boost or putting something to sleep).

Yeah I had to switch her out from time to time but duh.
This isn't a damn solo run.

rocky505

She just needs more moves before I'd consider using it. What's it's best set? Lay out a sleep powder, QD up and rape with petal dance and HP fire/Ice?

R_N

She just needs more moves before I'd consider using it. What's it's best set? Lay out a sleep powder, QD up and rape with petal dance and HP fire/Ice?

My set was Sleep Powder/Quiver Dance/Giga Drain/Leech Seed.

She's fast enough that, if need be, she can put someone to sleep, set up up some seeds, and still have time to dance her way to god hood. Give her the Big Root and she's a self healing killer.

rocky505

I might give her a chance next time I start black over. I may start breeding now to try and get a modest HP fire/Ice one. But I am suprised at Whimsicott gaining more attacking moves than Lilligant.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola

I played my first Black with Serperior, and her movepool wasn't too bad. The dragon move was a nice addition to make her useful in the final gym...shame that mine happened to be Bold natured ^^;

The reason Grass pokes often have shallow movepools is that they don't need a plethora of moves to kick butt; they generally get every status-problem infliction move under the sun, as well as ways to heal themselves and their team-mates. Grass types aren't meant to be versatile - they're meant to be a headache for your opponent, and they are.

Snowy - I'm planning to use a Lilligant in my White runthrough - what nature would you recommend? I was thinking Modest is probably good, or maybe giving her a speed boost with Timid is the way to go...?

Last edited:

Kikkoman

I must admit, my Serperior was possibly the best Pokemon on my party when going through the game. Grass Pokemon, with standard Sub Seed set, but it did really really well. It's Substitute, Leech Seed, Giga Drain and HP Rock (I got SOOOO LUCKY with that! Best type for it, seriously). It just didn't die!! Add Big Root and it's set. Grass types generally end up being annoyers, and in the game, if you've got the patience, that generally pays off. The computer's AI isn't always the best, and yeh, annoyers can take advantage of them doing stupid things.

Also, with regards to evolutions and stuff like, with Luvdisc > Alomomola... I don't think I ever considered that.... but I DID wonder why Bouffalant wasn't related to Tauros. Also, Personally I think Stunfisk reminds me of Dunsparce... =P

Status
Not open for further replies.