• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
That's possible if you have a Dialga from HGSS using the Arceus event.
Exactly

If shuckle had an evo then you could put evolite on it would it be banned?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
So why cant the GTS be smart enough to not allow them to be asked for either? The system as it is is just rather silly =/

yes, it is silly - actually, it's not just silly, it's stupid.
Not sure why Game Freak still haven't address a problem that is already occuring ever since Gen 4, though.

I just got a hacked Charizard for a legit Zapdos....

well I was talking about the lv 1 Zekrom & Reshiram.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
If shuckle had an evo then you could put evolite on it would it be banned?
Probably not, what would it even be able to do anyway? It's still slow and has an HP stat of 20.

Grei

not the color
Probably not, what would it even be able to do anyway? It's still slow and has an HP stat of 20.

As it is, Shuckle is an incredibly annoying tank. It's a terrific staller when its massively-high Defense stats are EV trained, to where its HP and speed really don't matter too much.

If Shuckle had an evolution and gained the use of Eviolite, that's a 50% increase to defensive stats that are already naturally higher than any other Pokemon's. Think of an Impish Shuckle with 255 EVs in Defense and Sp. Def to boost its 230 base Defense and Sp. Def stats, holding an Eviolite, which would boost both of its Defenses by 50%.

Now, the EVs wouldn't need to be spread like that, but you get my point. Shuckle would be the most annoying Pokemon in a Sandstorm if it had an evolution.

R_N

As it is, Shuckle is an incredibly annoying tank. It's a terrific staller when its massively-high Defense stats are EV trained, to where its HP and speed really don't matter too much.

If Shuckle had an evolution and gained the use of Eviolite, that's a 50% increase to defensive stats that are already naturally higher than any other Pokemon's. Think of an Impish Shuckle with 255 EVs in Defense and Sp. Def to boost its 230 base Defense and Sp. Def stats, holding an Eviolite, which would boost both of its Defenses by 50%.

Now, the EVs wouldn't need to be spread like that, but you get my point. Shuckle would be the most annoying Pokemon in a Sandstorm if it had an evolution.
For reference, a max special/defense shuckle reaches 614 with the other non-boosted defense reaching probably somewhere in the upper 500s.

If it got access to Eviolite, suddenly it has the potential to reach 927 in either defense. That's not considering Sandstorm Special defense boosts or Withdraw

So. Uh. Yeah, I don't think Shuckle is ever getting an evolution.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Eviolite's exsistance pretty much neutered any chance of certain Pokemon getting Evolutions

(Mainly things like Skarmory, Lapras, Foretress, etc.)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I beat the main game on my White version last month. I haven't faced Alder yet but I feel like I want to restart it for a few reasons:

* Now that I've played it once & I want to try catching & using other pokemon now that the games have been out for a while & I now know my way around the Unova pokedex.

* I wanted to play this game not worrying about genders, abilities, EVs, pre planning teams etc. & just play it as if I were playing Red & Blue, but when I was 3/4 of the way done with the game, I lost sight of it & started worrying about that stuff again.

* Now that the Dream World's up, I want to try to catch a non-Unova pokemon early on in the game

* I went WAY too capture happy in my White game & have more pokemon than I can train with

However, there are 2 things I'm worried about so I'm not sure if I should restart my game:

1. I don't know if my Dream World account will get messed up

2. I have a shiny Gigalith

I have a Black game so I can get someone to transfer my Gigalith there until I beat my White game, but does anyone think it would be ok to restart it?

R_N

Eviolite's exsistance pretty much neutered any chance of certain Pokemon getting Evolutions

(Mainly things like Skarmory, Lapras, Foretress, etc.)

Not really, thinking on it. Shuckle is kind of an extreme case, for one. Secondly, there's always the chance an evolution would get something to make it worth while. More speed, more attacking power (very important), type change, different moves whatever. Of course, Foretress & Skarmory don't really need an evolution that badly but hey Dusknoir and all.

The third thing is just plain neutering Eviolite. It may increase by 50% now, but that's not saying it could have only 25% later on.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
iirc originally it was thought to give a 50% boost to all baby and base stage pokemon, 25% toall stage 1, and 0% to all stage 2, before people actually looked into it.

rocky505

Ugly? You want ugly look at nosepass *Preparesforbashing* Dragonite seems too friendly looking, Tyranitar is awesome looking and so is Salamence. I never liked Garchomp but Hydreigon is epic. Three heads are better than one, or two.

PoliSWAG

Banned
Ugly? You want ugly look at nosepass *Preparesforbashing* Dragonite seems too friendly looking, Tyranitar is awesome looking and so is Salamence. I never liked Garchomp but Hydreigon is epic. Three heads are better than one, or two.

Tyranitar is passable but it has that ugly green color to it. I personally think the Shiny version should've been its original color simply because it suits Tyranitar much more. Salamence can have an awesome moveset so yeah. And I think my lv 80 Hydreigon is rotting in my pc.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Garchomp is ugly. Then again all the P-Legendaries are.

I don't see anything ugly in Salamence or Hydreigon. The psuedo-legendaries are all neatly designed in my opinion. I heard from an interview that Hydreigon was going to be a cyborg-dragon or something at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.