• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Metagross is best looking one for me, after that it would be Hydreigon. Salamence just looks like a generic dragon, Garchomp is awkward, Dragonite is pretty cool but that could just be because of the anime appearance for me and Tyranitar is just meh

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Metagross is one of the best pokes out there i think.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
My favourite Psuedolegend is Hydreigon for some reason. Mainly because I somehow envision mine to be like an overexcited puppy. Yes. That's right. PUPPY HYDRA. ^_^

Garchomp is my least favourite. I don't hate the thing, I just don't find it as good as the rest.

R_N

I don't see anything ugly in Salamence or Hydreigon. The psuedo-legendaries are all neatly designed in my opinion. I heard from an interview that Hydreigon was going to be a cyborg-dragon or something at one point.

That's just bulbapedia getting carried away. They were originally based around tanks (you can see remnants of that in the pink "Treads" in Zweilous & Hydregion), but they never said they were some weird tank/dragon cybernetic hybrid.

Geekachu

Insanity aside I was interested to read this:

Bulbapedia said:
Originally, according to interviews with Sugimori in Nintendo Dream, Hydreigon and its pre-evolutions were intended to be cybernetic dragons incorporating aspects of tanks within their bodies before being redesigned around the theme of Yamata no Orochi. The tank track-like markings on Hydreigon's body are a remnant of this design.

I would've loved to have seen the original cybernetic, tank dragon concept :D

Edit... damn ninja'd

PoliSWAG

Banned
Hydreigon doesn't have three heads, it has two sock puppets, which are it's best friends.

Insanity aside I was interested to read this:

I would've loved to have seen the original cybernetic, tank dragon concept :D

Edit... damn ninja'd

This isn't Yugioh.

DazedMinezumi

Patrat don't exist
So...... Different topic. (For the next part, there is a video in Japaneese which I can't translate, but there were English captions which I'm just assuming is what he said. Not 100% sure this is real.)
Yesterday in an interview with a GameFreak employee, he revealed that they had to leave a Pokemon out of Black and White. He said it was Fire/Dark Typed and found in Victory Road, but due to the presence of Kuitmaru(Heatmor, me thinks) they were going to move it to a different area but did not have time. It is still in the coding so he said if they can get it out in the next game (YAY! If this is a real translation, that means his tounge must've slipped and said there will be a next game.) then it will still be tradeable to Black and White. He said this is the second time they've had difficulty with this Pokemon after being intended to be included in Ruby/Sapphire. He did not say what problems it faced then.

In later questions, he revealed that Munna/Musharna have been created for years(already ready for previous games) along with mentioning Stunfisk alongside Barboach(Evolution?) and Tabunne(Audino) through a Ranger Event in Diamond/Pearl

WOW!!!! I hope it's real. I'm pretty sure it is............ I'll try to find someone to translate.....

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
So...... Different topic. (For the next part, there is a video in Japaneese which I can't translate, but there were English captions which I'm just assuming is what he said. Not 100% sure this is real.)
Yesterday in an interview with a GameFreak employee, he revealed that they had to leave a Pokemon out of Black and White. He said it was Fire/Dark Typed and found in Victory Road, but due to the presence of Kuitmaru(Heatmor, me thinks) they were going to move it to a different area but did not have time. It is still in the coding so he said if they can get it out in the next game (YAY! If this is a real translation, that means his tounge must've slipped and said there will be a next game.) then it will still be tradeable to Black and White. He said this is the second time they've had difficulty with this Pokemon after being intended to be included in Ruby/Sapphire. He did not say what problems it faced then.

In later questions, he revealed that Munna/Musharna have been created for years(already ready for previous games) along with mentioning Stunfisk alongside Barboach(Evolution?) and Tabunne(Audino) through a Ranger Event in Diamond/Pearl

WOW!!!! I hope it's real. I'm pretty sure it is............ I'll try to find someone to translate.....
Whoa thats really cool i hope its true

R_N

Okay you're going to need to post the video here, because I find that incredibly hard to believe considering we've gone through the coding with a fine-tooth comb and not a single trace of the supposed Fire/Dark Pokemon is there.

Last edited:

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?

Sounds fishy. Very Fishy.

Geekachu

Is this meant to serve a purpose or something?

It is still in the coding

But they managed to find Keldeo, Genesect and Melotta in the coding, as well as Kyurem's two hidden moves. I doubt that there's anything they haven't found :/

The existence of the Pokemon, albeit not in the game, is possible though. They could release it next gen similar to Gastrodon and Gen III

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
My favourite Psuedolegend is Hydreigon for some reason. Mainly because I somehow envision mine to be like an overexcited puppy. Yes. That's right. PUPPY HYDRA. ^_^

Garchomp is my least favourite. I don't hate the thing, I just don't find it as good as the rest.

Hydreigon Fan!!!!
A Hydreigon with an Adamant nature could be the best of Hydreigons!

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
Keldeo is one of the three deer/musketeer/dog thingies? Woa.

R_N

Is this meant to serve a purpose or something?

But they managed to find Keldeo, Genesect and Melotta in the coding, as well as Kyurem's two hidden moves. I doubt that there's anything they haven't found :/

The existence of the Pokemon, albeit not in the game, is possible though. They could release it next gen similar to Gastrodon and Gen III

Right, I'm sure there's several Pokemon that got to at least the final design stage before being axed. They probably have hundreds of possible unused designs just waiting to be used.

Also something I just remembered: Munna couldn't have been made for years because it was specifically designed after Musharna had which itself was fairly recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.