• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

Wasn't the united tower the last thing they found in the coding?

Geekachu

I know, I also fail to believe such theories that Munna was foreshadowed in the 1st Gen or whatever. However I thought they could've been saving them and the concept until they possessed the technology for Dream World and connections, but I still doubt it.

I heard in interviews that Gen V production began halfway through Gen IV, and Munna and Musharna were most probably not made before then.

Wasn't the united tower the last thing they found in the coding?

Something like that

Eldtama

Ultimate Gym Leader
Hi im new to the forums. I don't understand how you put in all your pictures and stuff. But i will figure it out soon. :3

DazedMinezumi

Patrat don't exist
Okay you're going to need to post the video here, because I find that incredibly hard to believe considering we've gone through the coding with a fine-tooth comb and not a single trace of the supposed Fire/Dark Pokemon is there.

K, I'll find the video. Got it on my iPhone so I'll try to find a link there. But it does sound very stunfisky. I kinda doubt it but I hope it's true. And also there's no way of telling who designed what when. It's just a matter of when it was put on paper and in the games.

R_N

K, I'll find the video. Got it on my iPhone so I'll try to find a link there. But it does sound very stunfisky. I kinda doubt it but I hope it's true. And also there's no way of telling who designed what when. It's just a matter of when it was put on paper and in the games.

Plenty of interviews have given at least a little indication of when they were designed at what points in development.

Dattebayo

Banned
If such a Pokemon existed, then Houndoom will finally not be alone, and we'll have something Grimsely will use instead of Liepard (or Scrafty, which does not suit him in terms of the origins of their designs).

Grei

not the color
It would be SO COOL if there was an "undiscovered" Pokemon. This is probably just trolling or a mis-translation, since the coding has been scoured and nothing was found, but the idea is exciting nonetheless.

It kind of makes me want for the 6th Gen to feature something like DP's end-of-the-dex Pokemon, where there are 20-something Pokemon that are simply in the game's coding, without location data, to be added in the 3rd version.

Actually... this idea of there being "hidden Pokemon" would be a smart route for GameFreak to take in the future. I'm surprised GameFreak hasn't done this already, actually. It'd give the 3rd version that much more of a reason to be bought, because it would feature 20-something "brand new" Pokemon.

... anyway. Off-topicness aside...

Keldeo is one of the three deer/musketeer/dog thingies? Woa.

Yup.

do you guys think oshawott and dewott can walk on four legs like Samurott?

Why not? Otters are capable of walking on four legs.

It would be SO COOL if there was an "undiscovered" Pokemon. This is probably just trolling or a mis-translation, since the coding has been scoured and nothing was found, but the idea is exciting nonetheless.

It kind of makes me want for the 6th Gen to feature something like DP's end-of-the-dex Pokemon, where there are 20-something Pokemon that are simply in the game's coding, without location data, to be added in the 3rd version.

Actually... this idea of there being "hidden Pokemon" would be a smart route for GameFreak to take in the future. I'm surprised GameFreak hasn't done this already, actually. It'd give the 3rd version that much more of a reason to be bought, because it would feature 20-something "brand new" Pokemon.

... anyway. Off-topicness aside...

Yup.

Why not? Otters are capable of walking on four legs.
I don't like this idea actually.

The first problem is that they would not be new as they would have been found in earlier codings. That would lead to an incredible boring pre-game with unmasking of pokemon we already know about. My main reason is something else, it's the hackers. They will try to do get them earlier and will probably trade them to so it would all be a mess. I have seen people with Genesect and the like so I know it's going to happen.

However I'm optimistic to add them only in the 3rd game/Remake. Just like new formes. Surely you couldn't send them over to old games and you couldn't battle with them against old games. However it would be so much more of a suprise and I love when they uncover brand new pokemon. And it would bring GF/Nintendo more money as people would have to buy the new games to play with the new pokes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
When Keldeo/Meloetta/Genosect are released as events, will they be Shiny checked?

If they're distributed via Wonder Cards, then they probably won't be Shiny. If they receive a location in a future game, then they might be Shiny, although I'm not 100% sure. That whole Shiny check thing on Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini has me all confused about what can be Shiny and what can't be Shiny.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
I don't like this idea actually.

The first problem is that they would not be new as they would have been found in earlier codings. That would lead to an incredible boring pre-game with unmasking of pokemon we already know about. My main reason is something else, it's the hackers. They will try to do get them earlier and will probably trade them to so it would all be a mess. I have seen people with Genesect and the like so I know it's going to happen.

With this line of thinking, event Pokemon shouldn't be done either, since we know about them and because hackers can get them early. :/

Thing is, though, for players who play fair, being able to get these new Pokemon would make getting the 3rd game that much more worth it. In the metagame, these Pokemon would be banned, just like the 5th Gen Pokemon with Dream World abilities (minus Darmanitan and Musharna).

Endless said:
However I'm optimistic to add them only in the 3rd game/Remake. Just like new formes. Surely you couldn't send them over to old games and you couldn't battle with them against old games. However it would be so much more of a suprise and I love when they uncover brand new pokemon. And it would bring GF/Nintendo more money as people would have to buy the new games to play with the new pokes.

Why wouldn't you? They would exist in the coding of the first two games so that the 3rd game would be compatible with the first two. That would be the point--add in the coding for these hidden Pokemon without giving them location data. The third game would have location data, so you could catch them in the third game and trade them over to the first two games.

And anyway, if it's in the coding but not in normal gameplay, then GameFreak has done all they can to avoid the average player from knowing about it. You can't complain that the hidden Pokemon wouldn't be a surprise when you would be the one who spoiled it for yourself by reading coverage of the game.

TheMaster327

If they're distributed via Wonder Cards, then they probably won't be Shiny. If they receive a location in a future game, then they might be Shiny, although I'm not 100% sure. That whole Shiny check thing on Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini has me all confused about what can be Shiny and what can't be Shiny.

I agree... It's all very confusing... I hope they come out via Wi-Fi like Victini. It's much more convenient for us not having to travel a long way to get them!

Geekachu

Yes, but to the casual gamer they aren't. Not everyone buys their copy of Black/White and takes them home to scour the coding, nor are all Pokemon fans big visitors of fansites. I mean, if I didn't visit Serebii often I wouldn't have a clue that Keldeo, Melotta and Genesect existed.

I think it's an interesting idea.

With this line of thinking, event Pokemon shouldn't be done either, since we know about them and because hackers can get them early. :/
But they might release some of the event before a new game is out, so atleast the firstcoming events have to be in the game coding.

Thing is, though, for players who play fair, being able to get these new Pokemon would make getting the 3rd game that much more worth it. In the metagame, these Pokemon would be banned, just like the 5th Gen Pokemon with Dream World abilities (minus Darmanitan and Musharna).

Of course it would make the third game more exciting. I never said anything about that.
Why wouldn't you? They would exist in the coding of the first two games so that the 3rd game would be compatible with the first two. That would be the point--add in the coding for these hidden Pokemon without giving them location data. The third game would have location data, so you could catch them in the third game and trade them over to the first two games.

And anyway, if it's in the coding but not in normal gameplay, then GameFreak has done all they can to avoid the average player from knowing about it. You can't complain that the hidden Pokemon wouldn't be a surprise when you would be the one who spoiled it for yourself by reading coverage of the game.
I just don't get why we need them in the old games coding. It would be an even bigger urge to get the third game if you only could get the new pokemon there and not be able to trade them "back". To be honest, I don't get why we need to have the possibilty to send them back to an older game. Just let them be in the new games. The games go forewards not backwards. Giratina Origin forme was only obtainable from Pt and onwards. I can't remember that anybody complained that they couldn't send it back to DP(of course some complained, but not the mojority). So why can't we do the same with some new pokemon?

I know it's my fault for spoiling myself. But all on-line third-party pokedexes have them listed so it is kind of hard to go on a pokemon based site without getting spoiled, even if you tried.

Yes, but to the casual gamer they aren't. Not everyone buys their copy of Black/White and takes them home to scour the coding, nor are all Pokemon fans big visitors of fansites. I mean, if I didn't visit Serebii often I wouldn't have a clue that Keldeo, Melotta and Genesect existed.

I think it's an interesting idea.
I know it is many fans that don't know about them, but as soon as you join the internet it is very easy to not get spoiled, espescially if you don't know what to look out for.

Last edited:

R_N

Connection is the biggest "Thing" about the Pokemon games. Completely cutting off an entire Pokemon would just be taboo and would unfairly screw over other people.

Forms are different thing. First off, it's not an entirely new Pokemon. DP players could still get Giratina & Rotom normally, they could still get Shaymin from events. They could still trade and interact with their Platinum/HGSS friends. ANd, indeed, they could battle with them. DP had little flags in the coding for Giratina, Shaymin, & Rotom so that when they got new forms later on DP people could fight them safely.

An all new Pokemon doesn't have that luxury. It would go the way of Spiky Eared Pichu: unable to be traded, unable to battle other People, unable to be transferred to a future game (also unable to evolve but that's a Pichu-centric problem).
Completely and entirely useless until next generation.

Connection is the biggest "Thing" about the Pokemon games. Completely cutting off an entire Pokemon would just be taboo and would unfairly screw over other people.

Forms are different thing. First off, it's not an entirely new Pokemon. DP players could still get Giratina & Rotom normally, they could still get Shaymin from events. They could still trade and interact with their Platinum/HGSS friends. ANd, indeed, they could battle with them. DP had little flags in the coding for Giratina, Shaymin, & Rotom so that when they got new forms later on DP people could fight them safely.

An all new Pokemon doesn't have that luxury. It would go the way of Spiky Eared Pichu: unable to be traded, unable to battle other People, unable to be transferred to a future game (also unable to evolve but that's a Pichu-centric problem).
Completely and entirely useless until next generation.
I am aware that connection is important, maybe even the most important thing. However I don't get why it would be so important for the people with old games to get new pokemon they never were promised. They wouldn't miss anything they payed for.

And you couldn't use Giratina-O and friends over Wi-Fi, just wireless. This isn't really important, but Oaks Letter was actually only given out to Platinium over Wi-Fi. Dp users didn't get anything.

And why couldn't they just make a new battle style, like fancy cup and so on. In this new style only third game users could play and all new pokemon was allowed. This new pokemon would be able to be traded and battle other people with the third game, just not people with old games.

Grei

not the color
I am aware that connection is important, maybe even the most important thing. However I don't get why it would be so important for the people with old games to get new pokemon they never were promised. They wouldn't miss anything they payed for.

It's like version exclusives. You would buy the 3rd version to be able to get Pokemon on the first two versions. Maybe in the first two versions, you wouldn't need those Pokemon to complete the regional dex, but you would for the national dex; or, the dex would automatically expand when one of those hidden Pokemon were traded there.

To put hidden Pokemon into a 3rd version and not allow them to be in the original pair would destroy the connectivity, because suddenly, if a 3rd version user wants to battle a user of the original pair, they have to be limited to what the original pair can handle.

This kind of mentality is like putting only Unova Pokemon into Black and White's coding, since they weren't promised Kanto or Johto or Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon in their game.

BCVM22

I agree... It's all very confusing... I hope they come out via Wi-Fi like Victini. It's much more convenient for us not having to travel a long way to get them!

Assuming they're all movie-related events (as the upcoming Victini event is), they won't, at least not at first. Certainly people know this by now.

Giratina Origin forme was only obtainable from Pt and onwards.

Different forme. Not a different critter. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.