• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I dunno about haunted boulders. I mean... that implies that the boulder died. Or that a spirit possessed a... a rock.

If Okami/den has taught me anything it's that demons can and will posses anything

There's like a dozen top-based enemies I swear. And several boulders

Grei

not the color
If Okami/den has taught me anything it's that demons can and will posses anything

There's like a dozen top-based enemies I swear. And several boulders

In that case, bring on the haunted boulders!

Speaking of it (not really, but kind of), I'm surprised by Golett and Golurk. I thought they'd be epically strong, but I haven't been impressed by mine. Maybe it's the weaknesses.

R_N

In that case, bring on the haunted boulders!

Speaking of it (not really, but kind of), I'm surprised by Golett and Golurk. I thought they'd be epically strong, but I haven't been impressed by mine. Maybe it's the weaknesses.

By all means they should be strong. 124 base attack is no joke, and he's got quite the assortment of moves and a nice ability like Iron Fist.
..well his defenses aren't that great I Suppose.

I dunno about haunted boulders. I mean... that implies that the boulder died. Or that a spirit possessed a... a rock.

True. I hope, though, that any Ghost/Rock Pokemon has Levitate, Herbivore, Water Absorb, or something to make it not a punching bag. Maybe it can be an evolution for Shuckle and have insane defenses.
I still like the idea of given the ghost/rock combo to a haunted fossil. Like if the fossils of Kabutops and Aerodactyl from the Kanto museum was real pokemon, they would have been perfect candidates.

Grei

not the color
By all means they should be strong. 124 base attack is no joke, and he's got quite the assortment of moves and a nice ability like Iron Fist.
..well his defenses aren't that great I Suppose.

I know, right? It gets all of these great punching moves and on paper looks really good. Maybe mine has, like, 0 IVs in all areas or something, because Golurk is less of the boxer it should be and more of the punching bag, from what I've seen.

Dattebayo

Banned
This region seriously lacks good ice types.

Kyurem's the only good ice type, but it's banned in Random Match Ups despite not being Uber.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
A Ghost/Rock type sounds cool, but it would have to get the move Tombstony. Anyone remember that?

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
Kyurem's the only good ice type, but it's banned in Random Match Ups despite not being Uber.
The others are pure ice type though. :(

aquasuicune

Do remember that the tiers most of us use are from Smogon and not an official source. Therefore, the easiest way for the Pokemon company (or GameFreak?) to balance the random match ups is to simply ban the endgame legendaries and event pokemon, which tend to be stronger by merit of stats alone. Smogon tiers are dependent on a certain level of knowledge which is not always found in casual gameplay.

Weavile, Mamoswine, Froslass, and especially Shell Break Cloyster also beg to differ with your argument.

Dattebayo

Banned
Weavile, Mamoswine, Froslass, and especially Shell Break Cloyster also beg to differ with your argument.

We were talking about the Unova ice types, not from all gens.

It's mainly their movesets that are crippling. I agree, at least one or two should of had different types (Cryogonal as Ice/Steel would have been cool and maybe Water/Ice for Cubchoo and Beartic cos of Brine, Surf and the other water moves they have) but mainly, if they get better movesets, they will be far more usable.

For example, Beartic in particular looks pretty weak in terms of movesets. Have him able to learn at least Rock Slide and Earthquake. The elemental Punches as a level up would also be great.

Talking about movesets that suck, let's turn our eyes upon Klink and his evos. The only attacking moves they have are Electric, Steel, Normal, and Rock Smash. Their non-attacking moves aren't great either. They definitely need a better moveset.

R_N

It's mainly their movesets that are crippling. I agree, at least one or two should of had different types (Cryogonal as Ice/Steel would have been cool and maybe Water/Ice for Cubchoo and Beartic cos of Brine, Surf and the other water moves they have) but mainly, if they get better movesets, they will be far more usable.

For example, Beartic in particular looks pretty weak in terms of movesets. Have him able to learn at least Rock Slide and Earthquake. The elemental Punches as a level up would also be great.

Talking about movesets that suck, let's turn our eyes upon Klink and his evos. The only attacking moves they have are Electric, Steel, Normal, and Rock Smash. Their non-attacking moves aren't great either. They definitely need a better moveset.
Worst part of Klinklank is that it likely won't benefit all the much from move tutors if only due to its body type. At least Beartic can get the punches off future tutors

JD

Klinklank has pretty decent stats the only thing is it has a very shallow movepool they should have made the Klink line Steel/Electric or something. As for Beartic that thing well honestly... Beartic's one of the Pokemon I think that really needs an evolution in Gen VI same with Swoobat. Anyway I never noticed how weak Kyurem looks compared to Reshiram and Zekrom

[IMG139]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/1a/646Kyurem_Dream.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/1/18/644Zekrom_Dream.png/592px-644Zekrom_Dream.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/4c/643Reshiram_Dream.png/746px-643Reshiram_Dream.png[/IMG139]

It's kind of funny how Kyurem the third member of the Tao Trio looks so weak compared to the others and back in Sinnoh. Giratina the third member of the Creation Trio was often depicted as being dominant over Dialga and Palkia or stronger.

Geekachu

It's kind of funny how Kyurem the third member of the Tao Trio looks so weak compared to the others and back in Sinnoh. Giratina the third member of the Creation Trio was often depicted as being dominant over Dialga and Palkia or stronger.

It's meant to represent the broken corpse of the original dragon. This should go in 3rd Game Speculation BUT many speculate it to recieve an 'origin forme' in the 3rd Game, in which case Zekrom and Reshiram will become Kyurem's b*tches

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Klinklank has pretty decent stats the only thing is it has a very shallow movepool they should have made the Klink line Steel/Electric or something. As for Beartic that thing well honestly... Beartic's one of the Pokemon I think that really needs an evolution in Gen VI same with Swoobat. Anyway I never noticed how weak Kyurem looks compared to Reshiram and Zekrom

I thought that it was well known by now that Kyurem (in it's current form) was purposely made to look significantly weaker than Reshiram/Zekrom.

And yeah, Klinklang sucks. Should've been a special attacker.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
i used klinklang in game. it killed everything but competitvely, its not the best...

Same here. Evolved Kilnk to Klinklang before taking on Mistralton Gym and i used it for the other in-game battles. But it's a pretty weak Pokemon for Wi-fi battles.

Awesome fusion btw!

Status
Not open for further replies.