• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dattebayo

Banned
Dattebayo, we do not care how good it is competitively. Nobody here cares. It really isn't good to let Smogon do the thinking for you--you should think for yourself.

If I think for myself, I'll be murdered by elitists on the internet in heated debates. If you can't beat'em, join'em.

For Shiftry, one of the few low tier Pokemon who is uber material is something to behold.

Aegon

Hey guys am i the only person that ev trains while going though the story line? I did it for HG and Black.
I don't. The main game is easy enough without the need for EV-trained Pokémon. I find that EV training during the main game would hinder me and slow down my progress. Do you EV train all of your Pokémon?

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I don't. The main game is easy enough without the need for EV-trained Pokémon. I find that EV training during the main game would hinder me and slow down my progress. Do you EV train all of your Pokémon?
Yes i know it takes the longest time but then your prepared for anything the game has to offer its easier in Black and white because Route 1 is attack so it took me about 3 hours before my Oshawott was ready to go but meh its still fun nonetheless

Grei

not the color
OH GOD THANK YOU! :p

It's true, even in non-Dattebayo instances. Smogon is right when it comes to metagame stuff, but when it comes to in-game, they're really not what I look at any more. They speak in the context of the metagame, so it rarely gives me indications of in-game potential, and besides that, some Pokemon are good competitively but not so great in-game, and that's misleading.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
It really isn't good to let Smogon do the thinking for you--you should think for yourself.

Thank you. Has Smogon thought of giving Bird Pokemon Shell Bell if it uses Brave Bird?
I thought of that idea and it sounded like something I've read off Smogon. 'Give Pokemon that hold a Shell Bell recoil moves.'

Blazios

Thank you. Has Smogon thought of giving Bird Pokemon Shell Bell if it uses Brave Bird?
I thought of that idea and it sounded like something I've read off Smogon. 'Give Pokemon that hold a Shell Bell recoil moves.'

Shell Bell sucks, though. Given the amount of damage you'd need to inflict for a decent amount of recovery, you might as well use Leftovers if you want recovery from recoil moves.

R_N

No, that's never used. If you're using recoil moves, go for broke.

Shell Bell is too unreliable and gimmicky, so far as Smogon is concerned (and frankly I agree to a point)

Dattebayo

Banned

Stick with the generic standard sets, and you'll be just fine.

KickAsh

halted development
It doesn't have a base stat of 100 or higher, so it's an inferior water/ground, which is sad because it's the first of its kind. It needs an attack-boosting move.
Look at its Dream World ability.
It is Unaware.
Foe's stat boost DON'T HAPPEN.
The sheer amount of trolling you can accomplish > mediocre stats.

Well, the Shell Bell kind of sucks.
But this got me thinking about underrated items. For me, the Rocky Helmet is really underrated. I slapped it on my Stoutland and it made it a lot easier to deal with Fighting types, and it just made it easier to KO other Pokemon in general.

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider
If I think for myself, I'll be murdered by elitists on the internet in heated debates. If you can't beat'em, join'em.

If that's really how you feel, then that's really depressing. Why do you care what those elitists think? If you're afraid of being murdered by elitists in heated debates, don't get involved in those debates at all. You should form your own ideas as opposed to just doing what other people are doing because you feel forced to. No one's forcing you to do anything.

Dattebayo

Banned
Besides Quagsire, who would you rather use:
Swampert
Or
Seismitoad?

Swampert, because I liek Mudkipz. If only Seismitoad knew Ice Beam so Sludge Bomb won't be used as an alternative.

You should form your own ideas as opposed to just doing what other people are doing because you feel forced to. No one's forcing you to do anything.

I've done this all the time such as decreasing the human population through countless abortion to save the environment, and no one ever took me seriously.

Last edited:

R_N

Swampert, because I liek Mudkipz. If only Seismitoad knew Ice Beam so Sludge Bomb won't be used as an alternative.

I've done this all the time such as decreasing the human population through countless abortion to save the environment, and no one ever took me seriously.

I couldn't possibly see why

Status
Not open for further replies.