• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Besides Quagsire, who would you rather use:
Swampert
Or
Seismitoad?

I've used Swampert before tons of times, so I would probably use Seismitoad, even though it looks pretty bad. I'd use Seismitoad mostly because it would be something different, but also because I like challenging myself. I'm not sure if Seismitoad would come through for me, but I figure that there are worse Pokemon out there.

Last edited:

Slivers

First Post here; if this is in the wrong spot, someone PM me where to put it.

Black and White is the first Pokemon for my Son and age 8 and has been an incredible game for him (my gaming goes back to the the 70's and PnP D&D and a Color Computer, so you can imagine the proud Dad moments ;)

However, he has run into a problem and no amount of Internet searching has given me clue to help him. He has finished the game, collected all the Legendaries including Thunderous, and is slowly filling out his Pokedex. What he cannot get is the Cover or Plume fossil for Archen or Tirtouga :'( He goes in to Relic Castle, talks to the girl near the entrance with the backpack, but she just refers him to the museum without giving him a fossil.

We checked his items and we have looked at his Pokedex and he does not have either of these Pokemon, so he hasn't received one yet. He is able to get the daily fossils from the man in the Twist Mountain and revive them, just not the one from Relic Castle.

Is there any pre-requisite or other triggers needed to initiate the giving of the fossils he may have missed?

Thanks
<-slivers->

rocky505

Your son probably already got one of the fossils and accidently tossed it away or sold it. Your best bet at getting the two Pokemon is using GTS. Just place an Audino in there people always take those.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
i can only assume he already got the fossil, and accidentally released it from his backpack, because there wouldn't really be a glitch in the game that wouldn't allow it.

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
Even better,
a Shiny Audino!

It wouldn't be the best of ideas to waste a shiny Audino (Who's got a pretty cool color scheme) on a fossil pokemon that's not all that rare.

Plus it has the best support movepool of any water/ground type (quagsire has pretty much the same, but Gastrodon has some cool options like Memento). And it looks the best to me.

R_N

Plus it has the best support movepool of any water/ground type (quagsire has pretty much the same, but Gastrodon has some cool options like Memento). And it looks the best to me.

Though it's odd that Gastrodon completely lacks Stealth Rocks

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
DW Quagsire is the king. Other than that, Swampert really gets things going for me, both base stats-wise and aesthetically.

Slivers: Can your son already have given the fossil to the museum lady and not yet picked up the pokémon? Try talking to her once more, with an empty slot in the party.

Dattebayo

Banned
Gastrodon's the best non-starter water/ground type, hands down. It just needs Earth Power and Rock Polish.

Last edited:

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Nah Palpitoad is the best out of all of them.

Dattebayo

Banned
Nah Palpitoad is the best out of all of them.

It lacks Ice Beam though, and nobody uses poison moves for offensive, only stalling.

Dattebayo

Banned
Even if it gains Ice Punch via move tutors, It's still been trolled for the lack of a physical water move such as Waterfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.