• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I don't like Palpitoad for its Competitive stance i like it how it looks.

Toge: General Nonsense is being perfectly reasonable imo.

Dattebayo: In-game is not competitive. This site is NOT Smogon, and this section, for the most part, doesn't give a crap about smogon. Smogon does not enrich in-game experience. What part of this do you not understand?

JD

When I first got the game I used Gastrodon in my first play through on Diamond version and I was pretty pleased with it whenever I didn't pick Piplup I usually used Gastrodon as my water type I tried Buizel once and didn't care for it too much. But anyway I prefer Swampert mainly because it was my favorite starter

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I don't know I guess it just really depends on what pokemon you want to use as your starter. For the fourth generation, I picked Mudkip without batting an eye and I don't regret that decision, I was just a little...shocked when I saw its final form. lol still love it though.

Dattebayo

Banned
Dattebayo: In-game is not competitive. This site is NOT Smogon, and this section, for the most part, doesn't give a crap about smogon. Smogon does not enrich in-game experience. What part of this do you not understand?

It should be like Smogon. You see tons of users arguing regarding which Pokemon is good and the other stinks, whether it's in-game or competitive. The internet is dominated by Stop Having Fun Guys, remember that.

R_N

It should be like Smogon. You see tons of users arguing regarding which Pokemon is good and the other stinks, whether it's in-game or competitive. The internet is dominated by Stop Having Fun Guys, remember that.

The internet is also dominated by morons, what's your point

If you now what Stop Having Fun Guys is about, you know it's that winning is more important than fun. This does have value when you play competitive and prove yourself against other players and honour and even prizes can be won and lost. While in-game, you simply can't lose(Except Nuzlocke) and can beat the game with whatever you want.

Dattebayo

Banned
The internet is also dominated by morons, what's your point

It means if you can't beat'em, join'em. If this is how we should play the game, then perhaps we should.

R_N

But this ISN'T how we should play the game. People SHOULD have fun. Fun = happiness = ultimate desire of life.

Specifically it isn't just how to play the game, if only because competitive stylings typically have little bearing on in-game stylings. Have you tried using a Blissey in-game? It's aggravating to both train and use. But it functions as a great special sponge/wall in competitive.
No one will probably use Vanilluxe at all, but in-game it doesn't need a large moveset because ICE BEAM ALL OVER THE PLACE *pew pew pew*

Dattebayo

Banned
Blissey is one of the prime reasons why GF does care for competitive play. What makes you think VGC exist?

R_N

Blissey is one of the prime reasons why GF does care for competitive play. What makes you think VGC exist?

You are aware that the VGC typically tends towards Doubles, and recently even allows otherwise banned Pokemon (sup Kyogre, Groudon, Mewtwo) to be used willy-nilly, right?
And that Blissey doesn't particularly shine in that environment?

Besides, the VGC exists so people can take their teams they've trained so hard and battle each other (for prizes!).
You know.
The entire damn point of the game

edit: What I'm saying is that GameFreak probably does care about some semblance of balance (see: the introduction of Dark & Steel, move nerfing, move buffing, different niches for Pokemon to fulfill) but not to the extremes you tout

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
But not the Smogon way. :(

They should ashamed of allowing ubers in tournaments.

If only there was a Smogon player who entered and ended up winning the whole thing to prove to the world of their existence.

R_N

But not the Smogon way. :(

They should ashamed of allowing ubers in tournaments.

If only there was a Smogon player who entered and ended up winning the whole thing to prove to the world of their existence.
Have you ever actually looked at the various smogon categories at all

Toge Tamer

<- First Radar Shiny
Toge: General Nonsense is being perfectly reasonable imo.

What I said wasn't aimed at General Nonsense. o.o I was agreeing with him.

Dattebayo

Banned
Have you ever actually looked at the various smogon categories at all

Yes, The Dragonspiral Tower and the Fifth Generation section is where I get my information on how Smogon users are like: Elitists.

Status
Not open for further replies.