• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seem

Hollen i ven.
How are Mandibuzz and Braviary in their roles? They both have cool designs and stats in different places, but they come so late that they might not be worth training. Another issue is that they evolve so late at level 54 while there are a lot of good Pokemon who evolve earlier.

Braviary is most certainly a wonderful physical attacker though it's speed is decent at best. Mandibuzz isn't great with offensive stats being a defensive type and so not so great if you just want to complete the game. Her typing is a good boost though and she's good if you like to toxic stall.

Being said, you get both late but if you have the patience to level them up and evolve them, Braviary more so, will do you well!

R_N

I really liked the Mandibuzz/Vullaby I raised for the pokedex, and I fully plan to trade one over at the start of whenever I get Black. It was pretty great.

Grei

not the color
This Gen, though, there aren't any outstanding Flyers like Staraptor (unless you count Sigilyph and maybe Braviary/Archeops), and the early Flyers you get are generally weaker than the later Flyers.

I agree, Braviary is very good (and by the time you get to the League, you should be at least close to evolving it), but Sigilyph is also worth using. I don't particularly think Archeops is that fantastic, because I prefer Pokemon that are reliable. Mandibuzz is a good Pokemon if you use her correctly--she's a defensive bird, so you can't treat her like you would... well, any other 5th Gen bird.

Dattebayo

Banned
I just wish Sigilyph knew Focus Blast so I could use it as my Ice Beam user with this set:

Psychic/Psyshock
Ice Beam
Focus Blast
Roost/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball

Vandslaux

9 levels before my Zweilous evolves. I'm Audino grinding in Giant Chasm. :)

Dattebayo

Banned
9 levels before my Zweilous evolves. I'm Audino grinding in Giant Chasm. :)

Then you're wasting its EVs on HP rather than for other stats it benefits the most. It's basically the only thing I hate about Audino hunting.

Vandslaux

I already EV trained it 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Speed. Now it's lv. 59.

EDIT: I just found a wild Clefable! Now, all I need in here of the pokes able to be found in Shaking patches is Mamoswine. I already caught a Metagross.

Last edited:

PokemonTrainerKaden

What is the best place to train in white? Im trying to evolve my Zweilous.

Grei

not the color
I already EV trained it 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Speed. Now it's lv. 59.

EDIT: I just found a wild Clefable! Now, all I need in here of the pokes able to be found in Shaking patches is Mamoswine. I already caught a Metagross.

I would suggest catching a Piloswine, tutoring it Ancientpower, and leveling it up yourself. That will probably be faster than scouring the Shaking Grass for one (unless you're lucky).

Then you're wasting its EVs on HP rather than for other stats it benefits the most. It's basically the only thing I hate about Audino hunting.

Not everyone cares about EVs.

What is the best place to train in white? Im trying to evolve my Zweilous.

Look up a few posts above yours. Quite a coincidence--another player is trying to do exactly the same thing.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Ok. Thank You.

DazedMinezumi

Patrat don't exist
Since this IS a general discussion, we can talk about ANYTHING involving pokemon. So when, yes when not if, 6th generation games come out, what do you think the starters should be based off of? I was hoping a goat that is Grass/Ice at its final evo, a bear that is Fire/Dark, and then just whatever for water.

Leevoat-Lamboree-Tracharies + Smokub-Burbear-Maulcano
(Found them on deviantart and they're AWESOME!!!)

Ellie closed the speculation thread so I might as well talk here, there's no rule against it.

Grei

not the color
Since this IS a general discussion, we can talk about ANYTHING involving pokemon. So when, yes when not if, 6th generation games come out, what do you think the starters should be based off of? I was hoping a goat that is Grass/Ice at its final evo, a bear that is Fire/Dark, and then just whatever for water.

Leevoat-Lamboree-Tracharies + Smokub-Burbear-Maulcano
(Found them on deviantart and they're AWESOME!!!)

Ellie closed the speculation thread so I might as well talk here, there's no rule against it.

Yes there is a rule against it. This is the Official Pokemon Discussion Thread in the 5th GEN SECTION. That means that this is for 5th Gen discussion, not for 6th Gen discussion. Thus, your post is off-topic.

If you want to discuss fanart, go to the Fan Art section.

Dattebayo

Banned
It's physical movepool is very limited, and its special movepool got wasted. *sigh*

So I doubt it'll be useful in-game.

Anyone want to speak about Sawk? If only it had Agility as it really goes well with its sturdy ability.

Geekachu

Haven't really used it. But I'll talk about Throh! Anyhoo, I used it a little while, I think until Driftveil in my White runthrough. It's Attack and Speed aren't as good as Sawk's, but I liked it because it was one of the more bulkier, reliable Pokemon on my team.

I think I might use it a bit more another time. Some day.

Dattebayo

Banned
Haven't really used it. But I'll talk about Throh! Anyhoo, I used it a little while, I think until Driftveil in my White runthrough. It's Attack and Speed aren't as good as Sawk's, but I liked it because it was one of the more bulkier, reliable Pokemon on my team.

I think I might use it a bit more another time. Some day.

They say Throh is better than Sawk for that exact reason.

Grey Wind

Anyone want to speak about Sawk? If only it had Agility as it really goes well with its sturdy ability.
I never really liked Sawk. In-game, they always gave me trouble, but they just never appealed to me. I like Throh a little better, but I don't love either that much. I wish they had kept the original oni horns that they had been designed with.

Dattebayo

Banned
I never really liked Sawk. In-game, they always gave me trouble, but they just never appealed to me. I like Throh a little better, but I don't love either that much. I wish they had kept the original oni horns that they had been designed with.

But then we'll have people shouting things regarding unoriginality on them and the Kami trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.