• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OFFICIAL - Pokemon HeartGold, and SoulSilver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rageman

That's real neato
20090507-00000019-oric-ent-view-000.jpg

It's official. Pokémon Gold and Silver will be remade — something that was hinted at last weekend on Japan's Pokémon Sunday TV program.

The tenth anniversary remakes will be called Pokémon Heart Gold and Poké Soul Silver — much akin to the Fire Red and Leaf Green Gameboy Advance remakes of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green.

The original Gold and Silver sold 23 million copies worldwide. Expect the DS remakes this autumn in Japan with newly added elements.

ポケモン金・銀が10年ぶりに復活! DS向けにリメイク決定 [Yahoo! News via PokéBeach]

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
This will be awesome! The best Gene is finally coming back. I've been waiting for this for soooo long! I'm just curious to know how the Pokedex will work and if you'll be able to trade with DPPt.

R_N

Considering the logos are from the official japanese pokemon site, I'm going to go out on a ledge and say it's true.

Just a hunch

Tf5174

The games will be released in Japan this fall, possibly on or near November 21, 2009, the tenth anniversary of the original release of their namesakes. Their release elsewhere is as of yet unannounced.

R_N

So chances are that they'll be released in Japan around the time of their release there (November).
Now what I wonder is if NA will do the same; if so that means a near 11 month wait.
And oh god, poor Europe.
They'd have to wait like two years.

Rageman

That's real neato
The games will be released in Japan this fall, possibly on or near November 21, 2009, the tenth anniversary of the original release of their namesakes. Their release elsewhere is as of yet unannounced.

It WILL be November 21st. FR/LG came out on the day Red and Blue came out 10 years earlier.

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
AHHHH!!!! YES! I am so happy :)
I don't want to wait for the US release, though. :(
If I import these from Japan, will they work on my DS?

redrunner89

Serebii War Leader
this is awesome news, but of course we'll probably get the games in either march or april 2010

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I don't think it will be released in November I'm think September, cause having the Johto Starters and Pichu in the 12th movie would sorta be advertising for HG/SS, and November seems too far away.

R_N

It WILL be November 21st. FR/LG came out on the day Red and Blue came out 10 years earlier.

Not in Japan.
RG came out in February
FRLG came out in January

@bringmedan: I'm just assuming Coro Coro & Pokemon Sunday will get the exclusives on that.
The later most likely getting a trailer.

p0wnn00b

Beating Platinum
Screenshots!! I want screenshots! I understand we'll have to wait until the next CoroCoro probably, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.