1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL - Pokemon HeartGold, and SoulSilver

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Rageman, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannydstk

dannydstk Well-Known Member

i dont really see them including the sevii islands it would be nice but they really only had to do with some bit of the origonal kanto storyline

2. proof pl0x

edit: nvm i guess a mod confirmed it so yay :)

3. spanky17

spanky17 Mamoswine Flu

All this is PURE excitement!!
    =D

4. WynautQueen

WynautQueen Pokemon Caretaker

I don't see a reason not to include Kanto and the Sevii Islands. It seems to make sense to include them, but I won't be devastated if they don't.

5. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Of course they'll include Kanto, there's no reason not to.
    Sevii Islands are up for debate.

Anyway, the only change to Kanto I'd like to see is in Lavender Town.
    Did they really need to replace the giant pokemon graveyard with a radio tower
    Really?

6. dannydstk

was the radio tower in lavender i thought it was in goldenrod?

7. My thoughts for additions

G/S ball
    an event item unlockable through mystery gift allows you to battle celebi

Expanded Poke Gear
    more apps similer to the Poketch

GTS
    they have to add this im thinking though that it will be added to kanto in vermillian city (where that machoke was stomping)

Ticket to Birth island
    deoxys anyone?

The white rock
    a guy in DPPT mentions it potentially a jirachi event

my thoughts right now

8. Alloute

Alloute Banned

Kanto?

No, there isn't enough space for Kanto too..

9. water trainer

water trainer Knuckle Trainer

Was the Kanto region on G/S? I can't remember,
    if it wasn't then I don't see them adding it in.

Autumn in Japan is Sept-Oct-Nov so it will be released in one of those months, I don't think it will be November 21st cause they would have said Late Autumn, R/G were released in Feb and their remakes were released in Jan, a month earlier so maybe it will be in October?

Argh I can't wait!!! I need a released date!

10. championj

championj Member

This is probably the greatest announcement I've heard in a long time. Can't wait to see screenshots and game footage.

11. char-cario

char-cario Well-Known Member

I'm getting this game once it's announced for US, and I'm starting with a Totodile for sure.

12. WynautQueen

WynautQueen Pokemon Caretaker

Yes, it was. :)

13. Murra Myrrh

Murra Myrrh First 5th Gen Shiny!

Man this makes me happy, but a little disapointed. I really don't like learning about things a year before they come out. I'm still waiting for games I heard about last fall, now this. Sigh, at least they're FINALLY making it. I hope they add a little more than the Sevi Islands; that would just be lame IMO. Man I can't wait!

14. Piplup~Luver

Piplup~Luver Squirtle

If its true,I hope they fill out Kanto.
    THe original games had Kanto all watered down.
    I just want some screens and I want to know what the nwe feats are.

Maybe we'll even get a peak at a 5th gen poke?

15. dannydstk

goldenrod would be a nice place for the gts but i could see it in vermillion to maybe there will be two

16. sunny13

sunny13 Proud Importer of HG

I can't wait for the new CoroCoro to see screen shots!

17. youll proably have to wait untill the pika short of the 12th movie to get one of those

18. Juputoru

Juputoru M-m-m-m-onobear?!

Oh my jeepers!

Well, anyone who's been paying attention to what the anime's doing over in Japan probably would have guessed that this was coming, but it's amazing to see the fandom be right about something. Didn't quite expect the collosally corny names, though(HEARTgold and SOULsilver? Are they even trying to make them make sense?). If nothing else, I hope to god that they make the Kanto half of the game worthwhile(instead of being a pale shadow of RBY/FRLG Kanto) and that they actually fix the damn level curve so we don't have a Lv.40-ish E4(really guys, it's okay to make the E4 Lv.50/60 and have the Kanto GLs go all the way up to the 70s or 80s! No need to hold back on the levels!). That's right, they just announced the games and I'm already making demands about them. It's the Pokemon fan way!

19. dannydstk

yea it would be very unlikely to see any playable fifth gen poke

20. Piplup~Luver

Piplup~Luver Squirtle

The logo for HeartGold is lovely.
    Im an art freak....so yeah.

I love HeartGold's logo its so awesome.I cant say the same for Soul Silver's logo.
    I cant wait to see the box art

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.