1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL - Pokemon HeartGold, and SoulSilver

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Rageman, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Here's what this game will probably have...

+ Graphics on par with Platinum, although a bit different to fit with Johto
    + Probably different movesets, especially for Johto Pokemon
    + Some gimmicky features, like some of the stuff FR/LG had (Teachy TV, ect.)
    + New post-game content, 3rd and 4th Gen Pokemon making appearances
    + Updates music

So, really, the post-game content will be the most exciting. Everything else is really a given.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

So here's a thought: Will they include the Suicune subplot from Crystal?
    It was the only major thing added to Crystal, really, and unlike Yellow, it didn't change anything significantly.

3. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

I just hope they make Kanto better this time around. Kanto in G/S was kind of lame.

4. BurnBabyBurn

BurnBabyBurn Active Member

5. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the G/S/C Kanto was 25% the size of the R/B/Y Kanto...

I'm really hoping that there's no Kanto in these. The reason why Johto was so tiny in G/S/C was because they put in Kanto, and the Kanto they put in was really dumbed down (Viridian Forest turned into Viridian Pile Of Bushes). Seriously, what think of every place you could visit in G/S/C. It's a pretty big game. WHAT IF in G/S/C, there was no Kanto, and instead, WHAT IF JOHTO WAS SUPER HUGE????? That's how it should have been.

6. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

Um...this sounds like a bunch of bull to me but some one on YouTube is claiming that there is going to be a new type in these games, he's guessing light type.

He also claims to have heard about a new Togepi evolution introduced in these games.

7. Casimir

Casimir Good boy.

Man, all I have to say is whoever was predicting information leak earlier prior to pokemon sunday's announcement wasn't kidding at all.

But also, this is awesome. I love the sound of soulsilver.
    I'M HYPED.
    I can't wait to see/hear more!

8. they also added the battle tower...

perhaps te game might pick up a bit more on giovanni's kid

9. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

They won't introduce any brand new Pokemon in this game. :/

New Formes maybe...

10. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking.

11. redchesus

redchesus Jade Star Trainer

If they include the Sevii Islands though, what's the point of Navel Rock?

12. naval rock would be useless since you can catch Ho-Oh and Lugia anyways they could add birth island though (Deoxys)

13. Yuppirox

Yuppirox hello

YES YES YES. I'm going to get HeartGold. I'm over ecstatic! It's finally, finally, finally true.:D Ah, how much of a lift of the pressure of what games were to be announced on Pokemon Sunday.^^ I'm just going to explode.

14. Kai-zero

Kai-zero Trains All Types

Hmmm, I think my banners need an upgrade following this wonderful announcment. I knew we'd get to go back to Johto someday! I can't wait to start! I'm already compiling team rosters for my copies. I'm getting one of each of course.

P.S. Thanks to this new information we can now 'Officially' say that all those that doubted the remakes were wrong. MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Just kidding. Though this is the first thing, (that I recall anyway), that BCVM22 has been wrong about.

P.P.S. ALL THE DOUBTERS WERE WRONG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sorry I'm really happy about these remakes Johto is my favorite region after all.

P.P.P.S. Welcome Back Johto!!! ;152; ;155; ;158; ;249; ;250; ;251;

15. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

Leave BCVM alone, and don't single him out either. A lot of people were arguing against the remakes.

He gets on my nerves a lot, but I still respect him for his intellect, and you should too.

16. Alpha299

Alpha299 Valor.

It's true. Finally. 5 years since I got silver and now they pull this out of the hat.

SoulSilver, take me on a journey to 2004.

17. Alpha299

Alpha299 Valor.

Too bad you don't even know if the pokemon will be in the spot routes. And if Ho-oh/Lugia will be involved with the storyline.

18. Usagi

Usagi Well-Known Member

The names are a bit odd, but I loving this announcement.
    I can finally replay the Johto quest. <3
    Never did so on my original Silver because of my complete Dex.

I can't wait to see the new content. I'm semi hoping they don't include Kanto and really expand on Johto. =D
    That's just me though, I always thought the Kanto part of G/S was a bit meh to me.

19. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

HeartGold and SoulSilver. The names are out there. But my god it is so freaking fitting. Spaz party! And a nice big middle finger to disbelievers!

20. Dragard

Dragard I wasn't even there.

Hell yeah! Can't wait for SoulSilver! (I never played Gold or Silver, but I did play Crystal (it was my first game). I wish they remade Crystal, but oh well, I'm getting SoulSilver since Lugia was one of my favorite pokemon back in G/S/C! Ah, the memories! I feel like crying almost!

I'm guessing they'll "have" to add Kanto, because where else would the E4 be? In G/S/C it was in Kanto, the Indigo Platue I mean. Unless that is, they add it over Mt.Silver (was that the name?). I'm also hoping that you can battle Red :)

I'm going to make my Trainer Card for SoulSilver once I find out about the pokemon obtainable in it =p

Last edited: May 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.