• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Pokemon that you thought were fakes

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
I hope you mean, 'what pokemon did you think are fakes?'

Because otherwise...wut.

I thought Dialga looked totally fake first time I saw it, like something off a crappy ebay pirate version. Also, Cobalion. I've warmed to it now, but my first reaction was literally 'LOL no way is that someting GF would come up with, it looks so crappy! Who are they kiddin? Try harder next time!!'.

When I found out it was genuine, I was pretty red-faced ~_~

EliteMaster

Last edited:

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
I'd say Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Arceus, Lickitung, Lickilicky, Unown, Luvdisc, Escavalier, and Accelgor.

Aegon

The 3 Monkeys in B & W and their evolved forms. =_+"
Throh and Sawk
Escavalier + Accelgor
Seriously, since when do pokémon come ready-clothed? o_O
An advantage in some ways ~_~
Since Generation the First; Hitmonchan, Machoke and Machamp say hello. ;]

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
OH wow this is tricky

Fakes to me probably Garbordor. I mean eww who came up with that thing. BUt now that i know its real I still hate it so

Derp

[Something funny]
Someone of the Gen V Pokemon such as Garbordor when I first saw them.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Eye theink zat peekashu iz a fayke becuz et naught a mudkipz. eye leik mudkipz

but seriously they are all pokemon. garbador's not going away no matter how much I dont like it

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
I really thought Oshawott was a joke at first. I mean, seriously; it's an otter with a clown nose... It also kinda creeps me out o_O.

SpaceSheep

Training Since 1998
I didn't think any official Pokemon were fake. I wish some fakes were real, like the starters made by PurpleKecleon, the fighting type kangaroo was adorable.

Vycksta

I've changed the title of the thread as it made little sense to begin with; how can any official Pokemon BE fake if it has been officially released by Nintendo/Game Freak?

Anyways, on topic... Gigalith, Reuniclus and Gothitelle. They were all first shown together on one of those Pokemon Sunday thingers and I remember being so sorely disappointed; it was the first and only time the 5th gen had let me down. Gigalith especially; definitely one more suited to starring in Digimon.

Since then though I don't feel the same and haven't done for ages. Gothitelle's now one of my favourite Unova Pokemon. Virizion pwns them all however.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
First I thought Klink was fake (kinda made me think of a Hagrurumon ripoff) But then i was like ok so its fine. I thought the evos were fake cause they looked exactly the same and well.... they are legit. They should had made the evos way different then the way klink looks

GilligBoi

A lot of the B/W pokemon like the pig/bat looking thing and the icecream cone.

Skydra

So with that cleared up, I thought the leaked images of the final starter evolutions in BW were fake because Samurott looked way different from its prevos and Emboar sucks. Emboar is my least favorite starter evolution ever, although Serperior is one of my favorites and Samurott also, but a little less so.

Lau

★ Go, Rai!! ★
Emboar. It's so friggin' ugly... and useless. When I first saw it, I hoped it was a fake.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
So with that cleared up, I thought the leaked images of the final starter evolutions in BW were fake because Samurott looked way different from its prevos and Emboar sucks. Emboar is my least favorite starter evolution ever, although Serperior is one of my favorites and Samurott also, but a little less so.

I agree with this. All the starter evos, basically. I was expecting something bipedal instead of Samurott. Also, I really don't get the Emboar hate; I quite like it myself despite the fact I initially thought it a hoax. I think a lot of people are just mad that it's Fire/Fighting and that overshadows everything else about it to them.