• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Prehistory Club V2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
Username: RussellW.
Favorite Prehistoric Animal: My English teacher! Nah, just kidding. In seriousness, it would have to be Utahraptor.

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
(Sorry I haven't been on as much. Summer was abnormally busy for me.)

New member approved, and joke appreciated. (Utahraptor was an awesome dino, and my second favorite.)

Speaking of the 'raptors, people insisting that they look way cooler without feathers is starting to get on my nerves a bit. As we (should) know in this club, many types of theropods had feathers. I was wondering what side you guys are on in this. My opinion: Feathered dinos are way scary. Just look at this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Tyrannosaurus_rex_mmartyniuk.png

As for Amphicoelias, I have definitely heard of it, as well as read about it. From what I recall, estimates of its size range from 130 to 190 feet (about 40-57 meters), making it the largest dinosaur and the largest animal ever to walk on land.

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archive/2010/12/21/carnivorous-dinosaurs-not-so-much.aspx (This too. PETA, "some theropods" does not mean "all theropods.")

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
(Sorry I haven't been on as much. Summer was abnormally busy for me.)

New member approved, and joke appreciated. (Utahraptor was an awesome dino, and my second favorite.)

Speaking of the 'raptors, people insisting that they look way cooler without feathers is starting to get on my nerves a bit. As we (should) know in this club, many types of theropods had feathers. I was wondering what side you guys are on in this. My opinion: Feathered dinos are way scary. Just look at this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...mmartyniuk.png

As for Amphicoelias, I have definitely heard of it, as well as read about it. From what I recall, estimates of its size range from 130 to 190 feet (about 40-57 meters), making it the largest dinosaur and the largest animal ever to walk on land.

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/a...t-so-much.aspx (This too. PETA, "some theropods" does not mean "all theropods.")

Not buying the vegetarian therapod thing lol. Why would they evolve sharp teeth if they were herbivorous?

Also, did you hear that T-Rex was proven to be a predator?

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
Not buying the vegetarian therapod thing lol. Why would they evolve sharp teeth if they were herbivorous?

Also, did you hear that T-Rex was proven to be a predator?

Well, SOME theropods (for example, the oviraptorosaurs, therizinosaurs, etc.) actually did evolve to be herbivorous, or at least omnivorous.

Also, if I recall correctly, there was never any doubt about Tyrannosaurus being a predator. The only one who actually thought otherwise was John Horner. Besides, it's extremely likely that T. rex was a scavenger as well as a hunter, because opportunistic hunting happens quite a bit today, and there's no reason why the tyrannosaurs would pass up a free meal.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
sorry, I've been inactive, got school and stuff, and though I was active on the forums, I barely surfed for more than a few minutes or so, and I kind of forgot about the club too, soo......

Anyway, would do you think about the two new fossil pokemon lines? Personally, I was kind of disppointed with the T-rex final evo. I thought the sauropod looked familiar with the sail-like structures on its neck, so, perhaps it's based of Amargasaurus?

ga'hoolefan

Feathered Dino Lover
sorry, I've been inactive, got school and stuff, and though I was active on the forums, I barely surfed for more than a few minutes or so, and I kind of forgot about the club too, soo......

Anyway, would do you think about the two new fossil pokemon lines? Personally, I was kind of disppointed with the T-rex final evo. I thought the sauropod looked familiar with the sail-like structures on its neck, so, perhaps it's based of Amargasaurus?
It is indeed an Amargasaurus. Its name, Aurorus, kind of gave it away. Its ability should be interesting, though its typing won't make it popular online. Regarding the new tyrannosaur, I have to say I'm impressed. It's probably my new favorite Pokemon, at least design-wise, and through my (ongoing) revisions of my X and Y team, it always was on the list. What can I say? I'm a sucker for theropods! :p

Edit: Woohoo, two pages!

Last edited:

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Hi I'd like to join

Name: Ib4
Favorite Prehistoric Organism: Probably Velociraptor, though Baryonyx and Troodon come pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.