• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

Zach's Pokémon Emerald Adventure

I started this playthrough as a Nuzlocke, but I decided to make it just a regular adventure, so I'll be posting it here from now on. Wont be changing much from previous parts, but they'll still be here.

Spr_RS_Roxanne.png
Stone_Badge.png
Spr_RS_Roxanne.png

Zach's Pokémon Emerald Adventure Part 1: The Stone Badge!
- I started my journey in a moving truck. Great!
- Anyways, I did all the beginning stuff and got a Mudkip as my starter and named him Kipster.
- Battled May on Route 103 and won with ease.
- After getting Poké Balls, I caught a Poochyena (Fangs), Zigzagoon (Scout) and a Wurmple (Pasta) on Routes 101, 103 & 102 respectively.
- Went on over to Petalburg City and showed Wally how to catch a Pokémon. I wish I could be as lucky as Wally and get a Ralts as easy as he did.
- After that, I made it to Route 104 and caught a Taillow named Falco. This thing is so powerful with Guts and an Adamant Nature.
- Did a bit of training and Pasta evolved into Cascoon (which is great because I wanted a Dustox over Beautifly).
- I went into Petalburg Forest and caught a Shroomish named Toadette.
- Battled all the trainers and eventually made my way to Rustboro City.
- Before challenging the gym, I did everything I could do on Route 116. Pasta quickly evolved into Dustox by the way. I also caught a Nincada named Naruto.
- I decided to box Scout & Fangs, as they seem relatively useless and are just slowing down training. Scout will probably return in the future just as an HM Slave.
- Now it is time for my first gym battle!
Zach VS Roxanne
;258; VS ;074; (;258; wins)
;258; VS ;074; (;258; wins)
;258; VS ;299; (;258; wins)
- Bought some items and then I healed and saved at the Pokémon Center.

My Team *=New Capture
;258; Kipster (♂), LV 14*
Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap & Water Gun
;269; Pasta (♀), LV 12*
Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting & Confusion
;276; Falco (♂), LV 11*
Peck, Growl, Focus Energy & Quick Attack
;285; Toadette (♀) LV 13*
Bullet Seed, Tackle, Stun Spore & Leech Seed

Playtime: 3:54

Next Time: The Knuckle Badge! Hoping to get another evolution and maybe something good at Granite Cave. Will be doing a bit more training as well.
Spr_RS_Brawly.png
Knuckle_Badge.png
Spr_RS_Brawly.png

Zach's Pokémon Emerald Adventure Part 2: The Knuckle Badge!
- After beating Roxanne, I battled the Team Aqua Grunt at Rusturf Tunnel. I also used Scout to cut down some trees and battled some trainers there.
- Got the PokéNav and then battled May.
Zach VS May
;269; VS ;278; (;269; is recalled)
;276; VS ;278; (;276; wins and is recalled)
;269; VS ;252; (;269; wins)
- Talked to Mr. Briney and then headed to Dewford Town.
- Battled the Fisherman at Dewford Town.
- At Granite Cave, I contemplated catching something, but declined because it was a Zubat and I still need to level up the 4 I had on my team. I got Flash from the Hiker and taught it to Naruto (the Nincada).
- Leveled my team up to LV 16, so of course Kipster evolved.
- Went ahead and challenged the gym. I really wish the trainers used more than 1 Pokémon.
- Now for the battle against Brawly.
Zach VS Brawly
;276; VS ;066; (;276; wins and is recalled)
;285; VS ;307; (;285; wins)
;285; VS ;296; (;285; is recalled)
;269; VS ;296; (;269; wins)
- Healed and saved at the Pokémon Center.

My Team *=New Capture,
;259; Kipster (♂), LV 17
Tackle, Mud-Slap, Mud Shot & Water Gun
;269; Pasta (♀), LV 17
Protect, Gust, Poison Sting & Confusion
;276; Falco (♂), LV 16
Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Focus Energy & Quick Attack
;285; Toadette (♀) LV 16
Mega Drain, Tackle, Stun Spore & Leech Seed

Playtime: 5:31

Next Time: The Dynamo Badge! Might also get a new team member, if there is something that interests me.
Spr_RS_Wattson.png
Dynamo_Badge.png
Spr_RS_Wattson.png

Zach's Pokémon Emerald Adventure Part 3: The Dynamo Badge!
- After my battle with Brawly, I headed to Slateport City and battled a few trainers on the beach area.
- I decided to head back to Petalburg City and got some trainers on my PokéNav and then went back to Slateport.
- Finished up withe the remaining trainers at the beach.
- Talked with a lot of people at Slateport and was eventually told to go to the Oceanic Museum.
- I battled the 2 Team Aqua Grunts and gave Mr. Stern the Devon Goods.
- I went onto Route 110 to see what I'd find and it was an Electrike! Caught him and named him Surge!
- Now to train up Surge. I battled all the trainers on Route 110 (except the ones on the grass because I wanted to level up before fighting May). Also did the first Trick House Challenge.
- In preparation for my battle with May, I brought everyone up to LV 20.
Zach VS May
;259; VS ;278; (;259; is recalled)
;309; VS ;278; (;309; wins and is recalled)
;259; VS ;218; (;259; wins and is recalled)
;269; VS ;253; (;269; wins)
- After that fairly easy battle, I continued in the grassy area, battling the rest of the trainers and picking up some good items. Eventually reached Mauville City.
- Got the Coin Case, Rock Smash and the Mach Bike (will get the Acro Bike when I need it).
- Healed and then I challenged Wally (not that I needed to heal for him).
Zach VS Wally
;309; VS ;280; (;309; wins)
- After that, I went to Route 117, but I forgot to catch the first thing I saw. Wanted to get some levels on my team (the goal was LV 23 for the gym), so no new capture. In fact, Surge is my only new capture in this part.
- Anyways, I battled all the trainers on Route 117, Route 118, the Hiker in Rusturf Tunnel and Cycling Road.
- Visited Verdanturf Town and I talked with some people.
- After battling all the trainers, Falco evolved into Swellow. Still needed to do a bit more training, but before long, everyone was at LV 23 and Toadette evolved into Breloom.
- Healed and bought some items and then it was time to take on the gym.
- The gym trainers were fairly easy. Managed to get a level up on Pasta & Surge, which was great because they would not be battling Wattson.
- After I beat the gym trainers, I healed and then it was time to take on Wattson!
Zach VS Wattson
;259; VS ;100; (;259; wins)
;259; VS ;309; (;259; wins and is recalled)
;286; VS ;082; (;286; wins and is recalled)
;277; VS ;310; (;277; is recalled)
;259; VS ;310; (;259; wins)
I know I could have used Kipster against Magneton, but I also wanted to give Toadette a shot. She did just evolve. I brought Falco out quickly just to give him some EXP so Kipster didn't hog it all for himself. Falco hasn't been in any notable fights since Brawly anyways (even if I just quickly switched it out against Wattson). Finally, in Kipster VS Manectric, Mud Shot brought it down to the yellow, which caused Manectric to use the Sitrus Berry, bringing to almost to full HP. I used Mud Shot again and it was a critical, for a nice, awesome finish to the very easy fight!
- After all that, I healed and saved at the Pokémon Center.

My Team *=New Capture
;259; Kipster (♂), LV 24
;269; Pasta (♀), LV 24
Protect, Gust, Poison Sting & Psybeam
;277; Falco (♂), LV 23
Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Focus Energy & Quick Attack
;286; Toadette (♀), LV 23
Mega Drain, Head Butt, Mach Punch & Leech Seed
;309; Surge (♂), LV 24*
Quick Attack, Shock Wave, Leer & Howl

Playtime: 9:30

Next Time: The Heat Badge! Will try to get some new Pokémon as well. If I remember, I'll also go back to places with Rock Smash and the bikes, such as Rusturf Tunnel and Granite Cave.
Does anyone know why the images of the Gym Leaders & their badge is being shown as a clickable link now?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I left the Fortree City Gym and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I used some of the reward money from the Gym battle to purchase Secret Base furniture, then I went over to Route 20 and made a Secret Base in a clump of grass. I decorated it with some tables and dolls that I bought in Slateport City, then I headed out. I battled some more trainers on Route 120 when I got to the rainy area, then I walked through a small labyrinth of grass. I found a pond and I Surfed on it until I entered the Scorched Slab and I got a Sunny Day TM there. I battled a Bug Maniac when I got back on land, and then I battled some Ninja who were hiding behind panels. I couldn't access the Ancient Tomb where Registeel was resting yet, so I just collected some berries and moved out to Route 121. I spotted some Team Magma grunts on Mt. Pyre's pier, and I saved the game before chasing after them.

Torpoleon

Zach's Pokémon Emerald Adventure

Spr_RS_Flannery.png
Heat_Badge.png
Spr_RS_Flannery.png

Zach's Pokémon Emerald Adventure Part 4: The Heat Badge!
- After my battle with Wattson, I went to places with the Mach Bike and got some good items. Also did the next Trick House thing.
- Went north of Mauville and I caught a Numel named Cameron on Route 112. Brought him up to LV 20 and then I continued to Fallarbor Town.
- Caught a Spinda named Ditzy on Route 113. In a double battle (which I try to avoid), Cameron wasted his first chance and fainted from a Koffing's Explosion. Falco almost wasted his second chance. This is why you should avoid double & triple battles.
- Anyways, at Fallarbor Town, I took on the Battle Tent and lost to a guy named Gerardo.
- Moving on, I fished for a Magikarp (God) on the next route for water HM moves. Not sure if it can learn them.
- Saw Team Magma at the Meteor Falls and then went to Mt. Chimney. Caught a Zubat (Batgirl), which was LV 20.
- After battling some grunts, I soon came face-to-face with Maxie.
Zach VS Maxie
;286; VS ;262; (;286; wins and is recalled)
;259; VS ;323; (;259; wins and is recalled)
;310; VS ;041; (;310; wins)
- After that, I caught a Machop (Hercule) on the Jagged Pass and battled another grunt.
- Returned the Meteorite to Prof. Cozmo and I also got the Wynaut Egg.
- Trained my team up to LV 28 for the gym and hatched the egg (forgot to name Wynaut).
- In the gym, I battled all the trainers and soon came to Flannery.
Zach VS Flannery
;259; VS ;323; (;259; wins and is recalled)
;310; VS ;218; (;310; wins and is recalled)
;322; VS ;323; (;322; wins and is recalled) Battle of the Evolutions and Cameron won with Magnitude 10!
;259; VS ;324; (;259; wins)
Just like Wattson, I could have just used Kipster for the entire fight, but I wanted to give the others some time to shine.
- Healed and saved at the Pokémon Center.

My Team *=New Capture
;259;Kipster (♂), LV 28
;269;Pasta (♀), LV 29
Protect, Gust, Poison Sting & Psybeam
;277;Falco (♂), LV 29
Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Endeavor & Quick Attack
;286;Toadette (♀), LV 28
Mega Drain, Head Butt, Mach Punch & Leech Seed
;310;Surge (♂), LV 28
Quick Attack, Shock Wave, Leer & Thief
;322;Cameron (♂), LV 28*
Strength, Magnitude, Ember & Rock Tomb

Playtime: 13:53

Next Time: The Balance Badge! Going to also do the Trick House and any minor things I might have missed. Will be training up to LV 33/34 for the gym too.

Lorde

I Surfed toward Mt. Pyre since that's where Team Magma was. I headed into the main structure after I arrived on the island, and I talked to the people inside. I decided to head to the mountain's summit before battling the other trainers. Once I was back outside, I had to walk through some tall grass; I captured a Vulpix that appeared as I moved up the mountain. I eventually encountered some fog as I arrived at the cemetery portion of Mt. Pyre, but I continued upwards. I battled some Team Magma grunts on my way to the shrine, and I eventually confronted Maxie. He stole the Blue Orb from the shrine and Team Magma retreated. I obtained the Red Orb from the old lady, and then I battled some Pokemon in the tall grass. I captured a Duskull and I tried to look for a Chimecho, but I decided to head back down and battle the trainers. I arrived inside the mountain and I saved on the third floor.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
In the previous month,I have not played the game much.I trained my Pokemon a little with PokeNav and battling wild Pokemon in Victory Road.I also caught a Relicanth after so many tries.Then I caught a Wailmer and getting it to Lv.40 to evolve was very tough.I even had to use Rare Candy on it from Lv.37 to Lv.40.I also caught a Poochyena and taught it Dig.I unlocked the three locations of the Regi Trio.Then I went to their respective locations and caught them.I caught Regirock and Registeel with Ultra Balls while I caught Regice in a Timer Ball.Regirock has Lax nature,Regice Calm nature and Registeel Naive Nature.So,I have done all the things that I had planned before taking on Elite 4 again.

Team:

;254; Sceptile Lv.52 Male Quiet (Leaf Blade/Dragon Claw/Brick Break/Screech) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:Miracle Seed
;282; Gardevoir Lv.52 Male Serious (Psychic/Thunderbolt/Confusion/Calm Mind) Ability:Synchronize Held Item:None
;277; Swellow Lv.52 Male Careful (Fly/Return/Facade/Steel Wing) Ability:Guts Held Item:Silk Scarf
;073; Tentacruel Lv.52 Female Careful (Surf/Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam/Giga Drain) Ability:Clear Body Held Item:Mystic Water
;306; Aggron Lv.52 Male Gentle (Iron Tail/Rollout/Earthquake/Double Edge) Ability:Rock Head Held Item:Quick Claw
;323; Camerupt Lv.52 Male Careful (Eruption/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Double Edge) Ability:Magma Armor Held Item:Charcoal

Lorde

I battled the last trainers at Mt. Pyre, then I headed north until I arrived at Route 121. I was near the Safari Zone, so I decided to capture some Pokemon there. I wandered around the tall grass for several minutes and I captured a wild Pikachu and a wild Oddish. I tried to capture a Girafarig, but it fled before I was able to catch it. I left the Safari Zone after my time ran out, and I headed east. I battled some more trainers there and then I finally arrived in Lilycove City. I visited the Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there. I headed to the Department Store after that, but my rival was blocking the way. I had to defeat them in order to finally access it, and I purchased some items there. I left the Department Store and I visited the art museum and some of the other buildings around town. I heard that Team Magma was hiding in a cove near the city and I saved on the way there.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Today I attempted the Elite 4 again in Emerald and won this time.

Vs Sidney
-He started with Mightyena and I sent out Sceptile.
-Sceptile's Brick Break did some damage while Mightyena used Sand Attack to reduce Sceptile's Accuracy.
-Sceptile's Brick Break did some damage while Mightyena's Double Edge also did some damage though the latter fainted due to recoil.Sidney sent out Absol and I switched to Aggron.
-Aggron's Iron Tail did heavy damage while Absol used Swords Dance to raise its Attack.Absol's Sitrus Berry restored some of its HP.
-Absol's Rock Slide did some damage but it was defeated by Aggron's Double Edge.Sidney sent out Crawdaunt and I switched to Sceptile.
-Sceptile OHKO'ed Crawdaunt with Leaf Blade.Sidney sent out Shiftry and I switched to Swellow.
-Swellow flew up high.Shiftry used Double Team to raise its evasiveness.
-Swellow's Fly missed while Shiftry used Double Team to raise its evasiveness.
-Swellow flew up high.Shiftry used Double Team to raise its evasiveness.
-Swellow's Fly missed while Shiftry used Double Team to raise its evasiveness again.
-Swellow defeated Shiftry with Return.Sidney sent out Cacturne.
-Swellow flew up high.Cacturne's Leech Seed missed.
-Swellow defeated Cacturne with Fly.

Vs Phoebe
-She started with Dusclops and I sent out Camerupt.
-Dusclops used Protect to protect itself against Camerupt's Eruption.
-Camerupt's Eruption did heavy damage while Dusclops used Curse to lay a curse on Camerupt.Dusclops fainted due to the HP loss.Phoebe sent out her second Dusclops and I switched to Tentacruel.
-Tentacruel's Surf did some damage while Dusclops's Earthquake did high damage.
-Tentacruel's Surf did some more damage but it was defeated by Dusclops's Earthquake.I sent out Camerupt again.Dusclops's Sitrus Berry restored some of its HP.
-Camerupt defeated Dusclops with Eruption.Phoebe sent out Banette and I switched to Sceptile.
-Sceptile's Leaf Blade did high damage while Banette's Shadow Ball did some damage.
-Sceptile defeated Banette with another Leaf Blade.Phoebe sent out Sableye.
-Sceptile's Leaf Blade did high damage while Sableye used Double Team to raise its Evasiveness.
-Sceptile defeated Sableye with another Leaf Blade.Phoebe sent out her second Banette.
-Sceptile's Leaf Blade did high damage while Banette's Shadow Ball did some damage.
-Sceptile defeated Banette with another Leaf Blade.

Vs Glacia
-She started with Sealeo and I sent out Aggron.
-Aggron's Rollout did some damage while Sealeo used Hail to summon a hailstorm.Aggron was pelted by hail.
-Aggron defeated Sealeo with Rollout.Glacia sent out Walrein.Aggron was pelted by hail.
-Walrein defeated Aggron with Surf.I sent out Gardevoir.Gardevoir was pelted by hail.
-Gardevoir's Thunderbolt did high damage while Walrein's Sheer Cold missed.Gardevoir was pelted by hail.Walrein's Sitrus Berry restored some of its HP.
-Gardevoir defeated Walrein with another Thunderbolt.Glacia sent out Glalie and I switched to Camerupt.The hail stopped.
-Glalie used Light Screen to raise its team's Sp.Defense while Camerupt's Eruption did heavy damage.
-Glacia used Full Restore to heal Glalie while Camerupt's Eruption did heavy damage again.
-Glalie's Ice Beam did some damage but it was defeated by Camerupt's Rock Slide.Glacia sent out her second Sealeo and I switched to Gardevoir.
-Gardevoir's Thunderbolt did some damage and paralyzed Sealeo while Sealeo used Hail to summon a hailstorm.Gardevoir was pelted by hail.
-Gardevoir's Thunderbolt did some damage while Sealeo's Blizzard missed.The effects of Light Screen wore off.Gardevoir was pelted by hail.
-Glacia used Full Restore to heal Sealeo and cure its paralysis while Gardevoir's Thunderbolt did heavy damage.Gardevoir was pelted by hail.
-Gardevoir knocked out Sealeo with another Thunderbolt.Glacia sent out her second Glalie and I switched to Camerupt.Camerupt was pelted by hail.
-Glalie's Ice Beam did some damage while Camerupt's Eruption did little damage.The hail stopped.
-Glalie knocked out Camerupt with Shadow Ball.I sent out Tentacruel.
-Tentacruel's Surf did some damage while Glalie used Hail to summon a hailstorm.Tentacruel was pelted by hail.
-Tentacruel defeated Glalie with Sludge Bomb.

After reviving Aggron,I realized that all my revives had been used up which meant I wouldn't be able to revive Camerupt.But it isn't as big of a loss as It was weak against Wallace and resisted by Drake anyways.

Vs Drake
-He started with Shelgon and I sent out Aggron.
-Shelgon used Protect to protect itself against Aggron's Iron Tail.
-Shelgon used Protect to protect itself against Aggron's Iron Tail.
-Aggron defeated Shelgon with Iron Tail.Drake sent out Kingdra and I switched to Sceptile.
-Sceptile's Dragon Claw did high damage while Kingdra used Dragon Dance to raise its Attack and Speed.
-Kingdra's Body Slam did some damage but it was defeated by another Dragon Claw.Drake sent out Flygon and I switched to Tentacruel.
-Tentacruel OHKO'ed Flygon with Ice Beam.Drake sent out Altaria.
-Tentacruel's Ice Beam did heavy damage while Altaria's Double Edge did high damage but it also took some recoil.
-Drake used Full Restore to heal Altaria while Tentacruel's Ice Beam did heavy damage and froze Altaria.
-Drake used Full Restore to heal Altaria and cure its Freeze but it was defeated by Tentacruel's Ice Beam.Drake sent out Salamence.
-Tentacruel's Ice Beam did heavy damage while Salamence's Rock Slide did some damage.Salamence's Sitrus Berry restored some of its HP.
-Tentacruel defeated Salamence with another Ice Beam.

Vs Wallace
-He started with Wailord and I sent out Aggron.
-Aggron's Double Edge did some damage but it was defeated by Wailord's Water Spout.I sent out Sceptile.
-Sceptile defeated Wailord with Leaf Blade.Wallace sent out Milotic.
-Sceptile's Leaf Blade did heavy damage while Milotic's Ice Beam did high damage.Milotic's Sitrus Berry restored some of its HP.
-Wallace used Full Restore to heal Milotic while Sceptile's Leaf Blade did some damage.
-Sceptile's Leaf Blade did some more damage but it was defeated by Milotic's Ice Beam.I sent out Swellow.
-Swellow knocked out Milotic with Return.Wallace sent out his Tentacruel and I switched to Gardevoir.
-Gardevoir's Psychic did high damage while Tentacruel used Toxic to poison Gardevoir.Gardevoir was hurt by poison.
-Gardevoir defeated Tentacruel with another Psychic.Wallace sent out Ludicolo and I switched to my own Tentacruel.
-Tentacruel's Sludge Bomb did heavy damage and poisoned Ludicolo while Ludicolo used Double Team to raise its Evasiveness.Ludicolo was hurt by poison.
-Wallace used Full Restore to heal Ludicolo and cure its poison while Tentacruel's Sludge Bomb did heavy damage again.
-Tentacruel's Sludge Bomb missed while Ludicolo's Giga Drain did some damage and restored a little of Ludicolo's HP.
-Tentacruel defeated Ludicolo with another Sludge Bomb.Wallace sent out Whiscash and I switched back to Swellow.
-Swellow's Return did some damage while Whiscash used Amnesia to raise its Sp.Defense.
-Swellow's Return did some damage while Whiscash's Surf did high damage.
-Wallace used Full Restore to heal Whiscash while Swellow's Return did some damage.
-Swellow's Return did some damage but it was defeated by Whiscash's Surf.I sent out Tentacruel.
-Tentacruel's Giga Drain did some damage while Whiscash's Earthquake did heavy damage.
-Wallace used Full Restore to heal Whiscash while Tentacruel's Giga Drain did some damage and healed it a little.
-Tentacruel's Giga Drain did some damage and healed it a little but it was defeated by Whiscash's Earthquake.I sent out Gardevoir.Gardevoir was hurt by poison.
-Gardevoir defeated Whiscash with Psychic.Wallace sent out Gyarados.Gardevoir was hurt by poison.
-Gardevoir OHKO'ed Gyarados with Thunderbolt.

I became the Hoenn League Champion.May and Prof.Birch appeared and congratulated me.I entered the Hall of Fame.The Credits rolled over.I was back at Littleroot Town.I saved the game.

Team:

;254; Sceptile Lv.53 Male Quiet (Leaf Blade/Dragon Claw/Brick Break/Screech) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:Miracle Seed
;282; Gardevoir Lv.53 Male Serious (Psychic/Thunderbolt/Confusion/Calm Mind) Ability:Synchronize Held Item:None
;277; Swellow Lv.52 Male Careful (Fly/Return/Facade/Steel Wing) Ability:Guts Held Item:Silk Scarf
;073; Tentacruel Lv.53 Female Careful (Surf/Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam/Giga Drain) Ability:Clear Body Held Item:Mystic Water
;306; Aggron Lv.52 Male Gentle (Iron Tail/Rollout/Earthquake/Double Edge) Ability:Rock Head Held Item:Quick Claw
;323; Camerupt Lv.52 Male Careful (Eruption/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Double Edge) Ability:Magma Armor Held Item:Charcoal

Lorde

I Surfed near the coast of Lilycove City and I found the Team Magma hideout inside a cove. I battled some Team Magma grunts as soon as I arrived, then I headed deeper into the hideout since I wanted to stop Team Magma's plans. I battled more Team Magma grunts as I made my way around, and I eventually found an office where there were some Electrode and a Master Ball. I got the Master Ball and I teleported to another section of the hideout. I eventually reached the end of the hideout, but I had to battle against Tabitha. He sent out his Numel and I used my Azumarill's Surf attack to defeat it. I switched to Blaziken and I beat Tabitha's Mightyena with Double Kick. Finally, I used my Swellow against his Camerupt and I defeated Tabitha. Unfortunately, Team Magma's submarine managed to get away. I left the hideout and I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center before chasing after them.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Since beating the Elite 4,I have done a few things.First of all,my family congratulated me and a TV Report about a strange Pokemon roaming Hoenn came.I picked Blue which means Latios will roam Hoenn.I went to Prof.Birch's Lab and he upgraded my Pokedex to national mode.I tried to find Latios but to no avail.I decided to go to Slateport City and board S.S. Tidal.There,I battled many trainers.I then went to Battle Frontier where I met Scott.I participated at the various battle facilities until I got enough BP for my Pokemon to learn Tutor moves:Fire Punch and Ice Punch for Gardevoir,ThunderPunch for Sceptile and Rock Slide for Aggron.I found a wild Sudowoodo which I just defeated for some experience.I went to Artisan Cave and got a few Vitamins.I exited out of the cave and saved the game.Now,my game is mainly over.Just a few things are left:Capturing Legendaries Latios,Groudon,Kyogre and Rayquaza,rematching the gym leaders to train some more and finally battle Steven Stone,the former champ.

Team:

;254; Sceptile Lv.53 Male Quiet (Leaf Blade/Dragon Claw/ThunderPunch/Brick Break) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:Miracle Seed
;282; Gardevoir Lv.53 Male Serious (Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Punch/Fire Punch) Ability:Synchronize Held Item:Leftovers
;277; Swellow Lv.54 Male Careful (Fly/Return/Facade/Steel Wing) Ability:Guts Held Item:Silk Scarf
;073; Tentacruel Lv.53 Female Careful (Surf/Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam/Giga Drain) Ability:Clear Body Held Item:Mystic Water
;306; Aggron Lv.54 Male Gentle (Iron Tail/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Double Edge) Ability:Rock Head Held Item:Quick Claw
;323; Camerupt Lv.54 Male Careful (Eruption/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Double Edge) Ability:Magma Armor Held Item:Charcoal

Lorde

After finishing all the tasks in Lilycove City, I headed to the coast and I Surfed east towards Mossdeep City. I encountered some Wingull and Tentacool in the water and they started to annoy me; I eventually decided to use Max Repel in order to avoid running into them. I found some Dive spots but I couldn't access them yet. I battled countless Swimmers along the water and I eventually reached an island where a Treasure Hunter lived. He wanted to trade Shards for evolutionary stones, but I didn't have enough for the trade. I left and I Surfed a little bit more until I arrived at the beach in Mossdeep City. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and I visited the houses around town. I went to the Poke Mart and I bought some items there including the new Dive Ball that I would save for later. I headed to the Space Center and after talking to people there I headed to the local Gym.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I just beat the elite four again, while training up my anorith. I am working on my pokedex, and I have 172/200. I'm almost there! :)

Lorde

I entered the Mossdeep City Gym and I went around on the moving tiles trying to find some Gym trainers to battle. I managed to find a few but I had to move some switches in order to access the others that were scattered around the Gym. I had to leave the Gym eventually since my Pokemon got injured. I returned to the Gym after visiting the Pokemon Center and then I finally reached Tate and Liza's spot and challenged them. They sent out their Solrock and Lunatone and I used my Blaziken and Azumarill. I had Blaziken attack Lunatone with Sky Uppercut and Azumarill attacked both Lunatone and Solrock with Surf. Those attacks did some damage, but Liza and Tate healed their Pokemon. I eventually switched Blaziken with Manectric since Lunatone had attacked it with Psychic, and I won that battle with Azumarill's Surf attack. I saved after getting the Mind Badge and Calm Mind TM.

Ausgirl

It's been a long time since I last posted here. Anyway I finally got hold of a working link cable and transferred each of the ruby version exclusives onto my sapphire file -making sure that all of them were female so that I can breed them later. After that I retarted my ruby file and transferred females of all the starters and the fossil pokemon. Just a while ago I was playing sapphire and came across a female illumise which has a 1% encounter rate. I caught it in my third try. I've since re-arranged the pokemon in my pc by the hoenn dex. The only breedable I'm missing now is feebas.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Since the last time I posted I haven't done much.I caught Latios after hunting it down in an Ultra Ball.He has Adamant Nature which is not an ideal nature for it but I guess I'll have to stick with it.I have also battled many PokeNav trainers.I tried to rematch the Gym Leaders but they are not prepared.Does anyone know how to get the Gym Leaders to battle you.

Team:

;254; Sceptile Lv.54 Male Quiet (Leaf Blade/Dragon Claw/ThunderPunch/Brick Break) Ability:Overgrow Held Item:Miracle Seed
;282; Gardevoir Lv.54 Male Serious (Psychic/Thunderbolt/Ice Punch/Fire Punch) Ability:Synchronize Held Item:Leftovers
;277; Swellow Lv.54 Male Careful (Fly/Return/Facade/Steel Wing) Ability:Guts Held Item:Silk Scarf
;073; Tentacruel Lv.54 Female Careful (Surf/Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam/Giga Drain) Ability:Clear Body Held Item:Mystic Water
;306; Aggron Lv.55 Male Gentle (Iron Tail/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Double Edge) Ability:Rock Head Held Item:Quick Claw
;323; Camerupt Lv.55 Male Careful (Eruption/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Double Edge) Ability:Magma Armor Held Item:Charcoal

Lorde

I headed out to the Mossdeep City Pokemon Center after battling Liza and Tate for the Mind Badge. I healed my Pokemon there and then I headed over to the Poke Mart to purchase some items. I decided to visit Shoal Cave before leaving to chase after Team Magma so I Surfed north from Mossdeep City. I battled some wild Pokemon in the water and then I found some Swimmers who wanted to battle as well. I eventually arrived inside Shoal Cave after battling some trainers outside, and I Surfed around the cave since it was high tide. I battled a few wild Pokemon and collected some Shoal Shells. I picked up some other items and caught a wild Spheal as well before leaving the cave. I Surfed south until I arrived at Route 127 and I battled some trainers who were hanging around the islands there. I eventually used Dive and I traveled underwater in search of Team Magma's stolen submarine.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
So, today I finally finished my training, and decided to go for it. My first ever Nuzlocke challenge would come to a head, and my team were as follows, all at level 52:

;297; Mankey the Hariyama
Earthquake
Fake Out
Bulk Up
Brick Break

The leader of the team, if you will, and the longest serving of my current party. Brick Break for STAB, Bulk Up for potential setups, Fake Out for a quick health damager, Earthquake just in case.

;326; Drowzee the Grumpig
Psychic
Confuse Ray
Calm Mind
Reflect

Psychic for STAB, Reflect for defense, Calm Mind for setups and Confuse Ray for annoyance.

;073; Shellder the Tentacruel
Surf
Ice Beam
Sludge Bomb
Toxic

Surf and Sludge Bomb for STAB, Ice Beam for Dragons, Toxic for possible residual damage.

;319; Dewgong the Sharpedo
Surf
Crunch
Hyper Beam
Strength

Surf and Crunch for STAB, Hyper Beam for hard damage. Strength purely because I couldn't be bothered to replace it.

;169; Pidgeotto the Crobat
Fly
Aerial Ace
Confuse Ray
Shadow Ball

Fly and Aerial Ace for STAB, Confuse Ray for annoyance, Shadow Ball for Ghosts.

;101; Pineco the Electrode
Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Double Team
Hyper Beam

Thunderbolt for STAB, Hyper Beam for hard hits, Light Screen for defense and Double Team for hax.

So, with my team assembled, I honestly was still super worried, mostly about Drake and Steven. But I had come this far, and although Pidgeotto and Pineco were late additions, my team had held me through up until this point, and there was to be no giving up now, our fallen team-mates that came before us had to be avenged! Also I switched the items around such as Quick Claw and Lax Incense between members.

Sidney

Always was going to be the easiest member. Sent out Mankey, got in a lot of Bulk Ups, and proceeded to demolish his entire team with Brick Break. No sweat.

Phoebe

Bit more worrisome. Pidgeotto got some good use on both Dusclops with Shadow Ball, and Dewgong took out Sableye. Didn't know if her Bannette knew Thunderbolt, so I just used Pineco's own Thunderbolt. Safely navigated.

Glacia

Pretty much the same as Sidney, Mankey used Bulk Up a load of times then swept, though was annoying with Hail, and was very wary of Glalie's Explosion and Walerin's Sheer Cold.

Drake

So after much deliberation, I decided to give Drowzee its first participation. And what a participation! Thanks to Reflect and Confuse Ray, Drowzee was able to set up a bunch of Calm Minds on the Shelgon, and then swept with Psychic! I was very worried of Salamence but actually the biggest problem came from both Flygon who wanted to try their evasion hax on me, but in the end I got through! Very worried beforehand and very relieved and proud afterwards.

Having gotten through the Elite Four I was now left to face Steven. Through either skill or luck, all six of my party were still alive. But Steven would be my toughest test yet, with Steel and Rock types, including his almight Metagross. It would all come down to this...

Steven

Since he was to lead with Skarmory, I decided to use Pineco. Since it could barely damage me I used this opportunity to get six Double Teams off on Pineco, although Skarmory did use Spikes once. Then a few Thunderbolts, mixed in with a Hyper Beam to get Steven to waste a Full Restore, meant it was 6 on 5 and I had maximum evasion.

Expecting his Claydol I was surprised when his Aggron was sent out, so I stayed in, it tried to Earthquake but thankfully missed and Pineco took it out. Two down!

Again expecting Claydol, instead out came his big gun Metagross. By some luck Pineco's Thunderbolt managed to paralyze it and it couldn't move! So I set up a Light Screen to wall damage, but then unfortunately luck turned. Metagross pulled off an Earthquake and took down Pineco...defeated, but its contribution will never be forgotten. RIP Pineco the Electrode...

Undeterred, out came Drowzee to pull off heroics once again. But its only damaging move was Psychic, 0.25x effective against Metagross! But thankfully Confuse Ray whittled down some health, and with Reflect's help too I managed once again to get six Calm Minds up. But then, a Full Restore! Luckily even with a five level disadvantage Drowzee remained faster, and Psychic did tons of damage, eventually after much struggle felling the beast!

With Metagross down I felt good about things all of a sudden. Expecting Armaldo I was once again surprised as Cradily came out. It poisoned Drowzee with Sludge Bomb but ultimately offered no threat and was soon felled also.

Once again I didn't get what I was expecting, Claydol being sent out. Psychic nearly took it out, but a critical hit Earthquake almost hampened my chances! Another Full Restore was used, but thanks to Confuse Ray Drowzee shook it off and took down its third team member of the game! Truly one of the VIPs of my league run!

With this in mind, as Armaldo was the last Pokemon out, I decided to not risk Drowzee. Noting that Shellder the Tentacruel had not yet seen a battle in the league, I gave it the honor of the last kill, as it had proved so useful during my quest to get this far. A few Surfs, mixed with Steven's last Full Restore, and Armaldo was down.

With that, the league, and a first ever Nuzlocke victory, was mine! Woohoo! I don't think I've ever been so happy to defeat a Pokemon game in a long time!

So, a quick evaluation of my surviving team:

;297; - With me since Granite Cave and me only having one badge. Soon became the dominant Fighting type, helping me through important wins against Wattson and Norman amongst others, and then beating two of the Elite Four single handed. One of my two main bros in the end, and well deserving.

;326; - Found on Jagged Pass, the main special attacker on my team, and was always there to contribute although perhaps not always the most noticed. That is, until the Elite Four, where it toppled Drake by itself and half of Steven's team. The other of my two main bros, I don't know how I would have won without it.

;073; - Fished up on Route 105, and quickly became an awesome Pokemon, ploughing through most Pokemon in its way. Would not have defeated Winona without it, and got me through some key victories, and picked me up after a bad run of fallen Pokemon. A worthy hero also.

;319; - Fished up on Route 124, for the purpose of defeating Tate and Liza. Greatly helped in that battle amongst others, and although not the best defensively it managed to defy that and stick through with me until the very end. A powerful ally and worthy of the journey.

;169; - Found in Victory Road. Only joined me at the end of my journey but showed its worth by evolving and greatly helped out with Phoebe. It would have achieved even more greatness had I found it earlier.

So proud of these guys. But let us not forget the ones who gave their lives for my cause:

;269; - One of my first captures and evolutions, and also my first death. Facing a Meditite in Dewford Gym was perhaps not the best idea when it, unexpectedly to me, had Confusion in its moveset. A harsh reality of expecting everything in a Nuzlocke.

;256; - A particularly heartbreaking one being my starter, and also single handedly taking down Roxanne and also helping out with Wattson a bunch. Alas, it was the victim of a critical hit Headbutt from a Linoone in Petalburg Gym.

;130; - Another heartbreaking one, being my main powerhouse at the time defeating Flannery, and especially helped with its Intimidate. But unfortunately it could not take a critical hit Facade from Norman's Slaking, as I doubt many things could.

;345; - The third in a quick fire series of losses, decided to use this lil guy as my replacement for Gyarados. Unfortunately Bullet Seed proved too weak, and was the victim of a Rollout from a trainer's Wailmer. So much potential lost.

;332; - A devastating loss, obtained along with Sharpedo for Tate and Liza and greatly helped. It had wiped the floor with four of Wallace's Pokemon but due mostly to my lack of foresight it fell to Milotic's Ice Beam. Tragic, but a real hero.

;101; - Only on my team for a short time, but boy did it prove itself in the League, helping with Phoebe and taking down a third of Steven's team by itself.

Final Record
Losses: 6

So ends my first ever Nuzlocke challenge, and all things considered, at a rate of less than a death per badge I think I did rather well. Think a fourth gen Nuzlocke awaits! (Boy was this a long post)

Lorde

I eventually found the location of the missing submarine and I resurfaced at the Seafloor Cavern. I entered the main cavern and I battled some Team Magma grunts after pushing a boulder out of the way. I headed deeper into the cave and I eventually found more puzzles to solve including some more boulders that needed to be pushed out of the way and some currents that sent me around and confused me. I eventually found Groudon's cavern after battling against Courtney, and I met Maxie there. He talked about his plans and then I had to battle against him. He sent out his Mightyena and I used Hariyama against it. I won that battle with Brick Break and I used my Manectric against his Crobat. I used Thunderbolt to defeat it and I finally used my Azumarill against Maxie's Camerupt. I won that battle with Surf and I defeated Maxie at long last. Groudon left the cavern and I saved at the surface.

LimeSoda

I have been searching for Chimecho on the top of Mt. Pyre for almost 2 hours and who knows how many encounters. It's a 2% encounter rate but I can not find it to save the life of me.

Lorde

Steven Stone arrived to tell me and Maxie that Groudon was causing droughts all around Hoenn and it needed to be stopped. In order to take care of that, I had to go over to Sootopolis City where the Cave of Origin was, which was where Groudon was hiding now. I Surfed around the sea and I found Sootopolis City but I had to use Dive to go underwater. I did that and I resurfaced in the lake in the middle of the city. I visited the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon there and I bought some items at the Poke Mart as well before heading over to Cave of Origin. Once I was actually inside the cave, I had to wander around until I reached the very bottom. I found Groudon in the lava and I battled against it. I was able to put it to sleep quite easily and that made it easy to capture in an Ultra Ball. I solved the crisis and I headed back out to Sootopolis City. I saved near the Gym.

LimeSoda

I caught Feebas and evolved it into Milotic. Now the Hoenn dex is complete! [on Leaf Green] 370 Pokes now in the dex, and Im hunting for a Light Ball Pikachu in the Safari Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.