• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So I arrived at Route 119 and dashed through the Mimic Circle's thick tall grass and slayed trainers and caught a wild Tropius as well. I ran through the rain and picked up some items and soon I arrived at the Weather Institute. Once inside, I beat several Team Aqua grunts as well as Aqua Admin Shelly. After thrashing her Carvanha and Mightyena, I got a Castform from the researchers. Afterwards, I dashed out to Route 119 and headed east and I encountered Brendan. I slayed his Pelipper, Lombre, and Combusken and got the Fly HM from him, then I arrived in Fortree City. I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center, then I shopped at the Poke Mart. I explored the treehouses and I purchased some Secret Base furniture.

Kalosian

So long
Made another try at the Battle Factory this week. I made it to Battle #17, where I lost. Had a team of Quagsire, Porygon2 and Raichu, lost to Wailord, Claydol and Gyarados. Quagsire managed to beat Wailord, it also defeated Claydol but fainted at the same time due to recoil from Double-Edge. I sent in Raichu, used Rain Dance and got defeated by Earthquake. In retrospect, I should have used Thunder for a 70% chance of winning the battle here. Instead, I sent out Porygon2. Gyarados used Thunderbolt which paralyzed Porygon2, but the Lum Berry cured it. I went for Thunder Wave, then Psychic, while eating a Rain-boosted Surf which did a ton of damage. Was about to use Recover but the Gyarados was somehow faster and used Earthquake for the kill. So I lost. This led me to believe that it must have been from a Quick Claw. I looked in the database of known Factory sets and found that there is a Quick Claw Gyarados which matches the moveset of the one I faced. Might have been able to win if that hadn't happened, but whatever. Will try again, hopefully next week but I'm not sure if I'll have time for it.

Aquarelle

Staff member
In the department store, I tried the lottery but didn't win anything. After that, I returned to the Pokemon Center and went to the second floor. There, I linked up with my Ruby version and traded my Machoke in order to finally evolve it into Machamp.

Once that was done, I traded Machamp back and then continued looking around Lilycove. I obtained a PokeBlock Case at the Contest Hall and spoke to Scott again at the hotel next door. After that, I spent some time at the art museum. Then, I headed to the beach area and Surfed into a nearby cave where Team Aqua was hanging out. I couldn't do much in the hideout at the moment, so I will head to Mt. Pyre next.

Lorde

So I wandered through Fortree City some more, then I ran to Route 120. I caught a wild Absol in the long grass and I fought Gabby and Ty as well, then I saw Steven on the bridge. I used his Devon Scope and I saw the invisible Kecleon and caught it. I trained for a while once Steven had left and then I visited the Fortree City Gym after removing the invisible Kecleon out front. Once inside, I pushed several rotating doors and thrashed Gym trainers and their Flying-types. I soon reached Gym Leader Winona's spot and we fought. I defeated her Swablu and Pelipper with my Manectric's Thunderbolt, then I used Torkoal's Overheat to slay Winona's Tropius and Skarmory. I beat her Altaria last with Graveler's Rock Tomb.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I returned to Route 121 and backtracked until arriving at some water. I Surfed on it and soon reached Mt. Pyre and went inside. I explored the inside of the mountain first. There were several floors full of many Pokemon graves, so I visited all of them and battled some trainers too. After that was done, I returned to the first floor and then went out to the outside part of the mountain.

Outside, I walked around a lot and gradually made my way higher and higher up the mountain. Close to the top, it got pretty foggy and I saw some Team Aqua members. I defeated them using my Xatu, then saw Archie at the very top. He told me that he had the Red Orb he came for, then left Mt. Pyre with the other Aquas. I then obtained a Magma Emblem from the old lady who guards the Red & Blue Orbs.

Last edited:

Lorde

I left the Fortree City Gym after winning the Feather Badge and Aerial Ace TM and I dashed back to Route 120. I fought trainers as I moved south and I stopped by the Scorched Slab and picked up the Sunny Day TM. I fought more trainers in the rainy center of the route and walked through a maze of long grass as well. I eventually made it to Route 121 and picked some Berries as I sprinted east. I saw Team Aqua members heading to Mt. Pyre, then I caught a Shuppet for my collection as well. I visited the Hoenn Safari Zone next and explored the area and caught a wild Wobbuffet, Natu, Rhyhorn, and Pinsir and I dashed through Route 121 some more and arrived in Lilycove City finally. I quickly healed my team at the local PC.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Flew back to Lavaridge Town and headed over to the Mt. Chimney cable car. I took it to the top of the mountain and then went down to Jagged Pass. I soon found the entrance to Team Magma's hideout and went inside. I wandered around for a while and explored every part of the hideout, defeating a ton of Magma Grunts with my Machamp mostly.

Near the end, I fought admin Tabitha and found Maxie soon after that. I watched him use the Blue Orb to awaken Groudon, but Groudon left the area right after. Maxie then battled me and sent out his Mightyena against my Sharpedo. I took it out with Surf and then defeated Crobat after several Crunches. Finally, Maxie's Camerupt was an easy OHKO with Surf.

After the battle, Maxie left while I used an Escape Rope to get out.

Lorde

I explored more of Lilycove City next including the Contest Hall and Cove Lily Motel, plus the Trainer Fan Club building. I also visited the Lilycove Museum, then I went to the Department Store and saw Brendan in front. I challenged him next and defeated his Tropius with Torkoal's Overheat, his Pelipper and Ludicolo with Manectric's Thunderbolt, and finally his Combusken with my Altaria's Fly. Upon defeating him, I dashed into the Department Store and shopped for Max Repels and Ultra Balls. I left Lilycove next and hurried to Route 122, then I Surfed south to Mt. Pyre. I fought trainers inside the cemetery and found a Lax Incense and the Shadow Ball TM, then I went to the exterior. I caught a Vulpix and then saved.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I decided to pick up my old pokemon sapphire a week ago. Since my restart, I started with blaziken. I threw on pokemon at various point in my journey. After blaziken, I (somehow) managed to catch an abra in granite cave, and since I have a trading cable and 2 GBA's, I evolved it when I got kadabra. I threw on gyarados too. I resurrected my root fossil, and had lileep for awhile. I am now in lilycove city. It has evolved, and after healing and beating my rival, I bought stuff at the department store. I proceeded to mt. pyre, and I caught a shuppet. I am currently going through the region with my pokenav and rebattling trainers to train it. I plan to continue the story once it evolves.

Lorde

So I continued exploring the exterior of Mt. Pyre and I passed by graves and eventually reached the summit. I battled and defeated several Team Aqua grunts next and I spotted Archie at the shrine. He left after speaking with me and I discovered that both the Red Orb and Blue Orb had been snatched by Team Magma and Aqua. I then received the Magma Emblem key item from the old woman and I headed to Route 123 next. I fought several trainers as I moved downhill and I also picked up the Giga Drain TM from some girl. I visited Mt. Chimney again and dashed south through the Jagged Pass and found the entrance of the Magma Hideout. I dashed through the volcanic chambers while fighting Team Magma grunts.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After leaving the Team Magma hideout, I flew back to Slateport City and headed towards the harbour. Outside the ferry terminal, there was a whole group of people watching as Captain Stern was being interviewed. Suddenly, there was a big commotion as something was happening inside the terminal. I went inside and saw Archie steal a submarine.

I returned to Lilycove next and went back to the Team Aqua hideout in the cave by the sea. I went through the hideout, using some warp panels to get around. Along the way, I found some items, including the Master Ball, and defeated several Aqua Grunts.

Eventually, I reached the final part of the hideout where the stolen submarine was. I had to fight admin Matt and used my Sharpedo’s Surf to take out his Mightyena and Crunch to kill Golbat. After that battle, I watched as Archie sailed away in the submarine. I made my way out of the cave after that and will cross the ocean next time.

Lorde

I picked up several scattered items at the Magma Hideout and slayed more Team Magma grunts, then I fought against Magma Admin Tabitha among the lava pools. I thrashed his team fast and soon I spotted Maxie awakening Groudon with the Blue Orb. Groudon escaped though and now Maxie and I battled. I defeated his Mightyena with Hariyama, then his Crobat and Camerupt with Graveler. I left the hideout next and flew to Slateport City where Captain Stern was being interviewed. Archie then announced his plans to steal the submarine. They managed to get away, then I flew to Lilycove City and finally entered Team Aqua's Hideout. I warped via teleportation panels and fought several Team Aqua grunts as well next.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I healed at the Lilycove Pokemon Center and then purchased some items at the department store. After that, I went to the beach and used Surf. I Surfed across the ocean, skipping over most trainers for the moment since I plan to fully explore the ocean routes later. Soon, I reached Mossdeep City and started looking around.

After I finished exploring Mossdeep, I went over to the Gym. In there, I stepped on teleport tiles in order to get from room to room. There were several rooms to the Gym and I had to step on various switches to move statues and trainers around in order to make my way to the Gym Leaders. Once I reached Tate & Liza, I challenged them to a battle.

The Gym battle was a Double Battle, so I sent out my Xatu and Sharpedo against their Xatu and Claydol. My Pokemon took out Claydol with a Surf from Sharpedo and a Giga Drain from Xatu. Solrock and then Lunatone replaced Claydol and went down to the same combination of moves. Their Xatu was a little more difficult to take out because my Pokemon could only manage to get it to red health, which made Tate&Liza heal it. I finally took it down with a Crunch attack from Sharpedo, though.

For winning the match, I received the Mind Badge. I also got the Calm Mind TM, which I taught to my Xatu.

So, because I feel like taking a small break from Nuzlocking, I decided to complete another run in Sapphire where I randomly generate a team of six and use it throughout the game. You remember the run I documented briefly before back in 2014? It's the same as that. Surprisingly, the generator I used spat out a pretty good team, which consists of Sceptile, Swellow, Seaking, Crobat, Ninjask and Gardevoir. Though I can tell right now... I'm going to have so much fun with Flannery...

Anyhow, I started with Treecko, as it was one of the given Pokemon. He has a Serious nature, which thankfully isn't too bad. Sadly, I haven't done anything else as of yet, but I'll be sure to progress later.

Current Team:

;252; Sora, level 5. (I'm incorporating a naming theme.)

To be caught:

;280;
;276;
;041;
;118;
;290;

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Left the Mossdeep Gym and went to heal my team. Shortly after leaving the Pokemon Center, I saw Maxie and a group of Team Magma Grunts heading over to the space center. I headed over there right away and quickly saw that the place had been taken over by Team Magma members, who were trying to steal some rocket fuel or something. I fought my way through quite a few Magma Grunts on both floors of the space center, defeating them all with my Xatu.

Then, I saw Steven and the two of us partnered up to take on Maxie and Tabitha. I sent my Sharpedo out into battle while Steven sent out his Metang. My Sharpedo spammed Surf over and over while Metang set up screens and attacked sometimes. We easily defeated Maxie & Tabitha and got Team Magma to leave.

After that, I went over to Steven's house and obtained the Dive HM from him.

Lorde

I found a Master Ball at the Team Aqua Hideout and caught an Electrode as well, then I fought Aqua Admin Matt. I slayed his Mightyena and Golbat, but the submarine escaped anyway. I visited Lilycove's PC again and healed my darlings, then I dashed to Lilycove City's coast and I Surfed towards Route 124 en route to Mossdeep City. I fought against wild Tentacool as well as against Swimmers, then I visited the Treasure Hunter's shack and exchanged a Blue Shard for a Water Stone and evolved my Lombre into Ludicolo. I then arrived in Mossdeep City and I healed my Pokemon at the local PC and purchased items at the Poke Mart. I explored Mossdeep and got a King's Rock from a boy outside Steven's house.

I progressed onwards with Sora in tow and went north of Oldale to fight May. I struggled a little bit, due to Pound being kind of ineffective, but I got a lucky Critical that got May's Torchic past half health near the start of the battle, which helped me out a lot. Before long, I had her defeated. I went on with story related stuff after that.

Upon reaching Route 203, I began to search for my next team member; Ralts. I expected it to be trouble to find her, but not only did I find a female Ralts in a relatively short amount of time, but she also had a Calm nature, which I certainly like. I grinded and got her to level 8 before progressing. She easily wiped out the opposing trainers with Confusion- so I can tell right now that I'm going to like using her in the future.

However, my good luck with that Ralts- Kairi- really didn't transfer when it came to finding a Taillow. Although I found a male Taillow relatively quickly, he had another Calm nature- so I instantly boxed him and went on looking. However, it took me half an hour to find another male Taillow, and by that time, I was getting sick of looking. However, it was worth it in the end- I found one with a Hasty nature, so it greatly benefits its Speed- which I like.

Upon returning to Petalburg, I stocked up on supplies and quit for now.

Current team:

;252; Sora, level 8
;280; Kairi, level 8
;276; Ventus, level 4

(I'm sorry, I'm kind of a little obsessed with Kingdom Hearts right now, and the team of six plus the trainer was too good an opportunity to pass up.)

To be caught:

;041;
;118;
;290;

Aquarelle

Staff member
After finishing everything in Mossdeep, I used Surf and headed to Route 125. I explored for a little while and defeated all the trainers on that route in order to train my main team members a bit. Once that was done, I entered Shoal Cave. The tide was low, so I wandered around the lowermost parts of the cave and found several Shoal Salt items. Then, I entered the icy room and started sliding around on the ice. I quickly obtained all the items in that room and then left, making my way back to the entrance of the cave. I soon made it back outside and saved.

Lorde

I left Mossdeep City quickly and explored Route 125 and Shoal Cave during high tide. I caught a wild Spheal and picked up Shoal Shells and trained my team inside, then I Surfed back to Mossdeep and visited the Mossdeep City Gym. I had to navigate through obstacles including movement panels and I fought Gym trainers and their Psychic-types while also warping around via teleportation panels. I soon reached Liza and Tate's room and I challenged them. I fought their Claydol and Xatu and slayed them with Ludicolo's Surf and Manectric's Thunderbolt, respectively. I then thrashed Liza and Tate's Solrock with Sceptile's Leaf Blade and Lunatone with Ludicolo's Giga Drain. I then won the Mind Badge and Calm Mind TM.

Aquarelle

Staff member
With Route 125 and Shoal Cave taken care of, I decided to Surf over to Route 124. I had skipped over most of the trainers and stuff there earlier, so I had quite a lot of exploring left to do. First, I looked around for all the trainers and battled them. Then, I started looking for dark patches of water to use the HM for Dive. There were quite a few Diving spots and I checked out all of them so that I wouldn't miss anything. While underwater, I went through some seaweed and found some precious hidden items.

After I was done with Route 124, I returned to Mossdeep City. Next time, I will probably head to the ocean south of Mossdeep, and maybe look for Team Aqua too.

Status
Not open for further replies.